PDA

View Full Version : Realm Works News

BJ
December 20th, 2016, 05:04 PM
The latest Realm Works news post (http://www.wolflair.com/blog/2016/12/20/realm-works-news-the-grey-council/) is out!

MNBlockHead
December 20th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Ah, now all those folks asking what content will be in the CM on release have their answer!

MNBlockHead
December 20th, 2016, 05:47 PM
We also learned that the Minbari Federation leadership will be responsible for curating community submissions to the Content Market.

Jujutsuka
December 20th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Thank you for the update! Looking forward to January! Hoping Rob gets better!

BJ
December 20th, 2016, 06:16 PM
We also learned that the Minbari Federation leadership will be responsible for curating community submissions to the Content Market.

We figured they'd do the job right. ;)

rob
December 20th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Ah, now all those folks asking what content will be in the CM on release have their answer!

All BJ flagged was the three things we'll be giving away for FREE. :confused:

Isn't that a good thing? Equal representation of the worker, religious, and warrior castes should yield an excellent balance of high quality content. Right? :)

I know I saw Kosh around here, someplace. But he's never around when you need him. Oh wait, that's right, they've always been here. :)

It's the 20-year anniversary of the final season (that mattered) of an amazingly well-written show (two Hugo awards) that doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's our little homage. :)

As you can see, my spirits are in good shape, but my body has been (and still is) taking a beating these days. So we're a little bit behind where we need to be. Thank you all for understanding!

kbs666
December 20th, 2016, 06:38 PM
I hope you are doing better.

The last 2 seasons weren't that bad. Compared to a lot of the scifi dreck we've been expected to swallow since they're great.

daplunk
December 20th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Dammit Rob you're no good to us all banged up. Put your laptop down and walk away. REST!

DMG
December 20th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Get better soon Rob! :)

Take some well deserved rest.

And back on topic: Thanks for the update BJ! Looking forward to it.

Gord
December 20th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Hope you have medical insurance Rob. There are many times, it is nice to be Canadian and when you get sick is one of them. I had a friend doing the Ultraman in Hawaii who slid on some moss on his bike and went into a cement divider doing 45 mph. Bad news for his head, arm, and a $250,000 hit for hospital expenses for 3 days. Good thing he had insurance. Of course, it would have been nice if the hospital had mentioned that his arm was also broken before he got back to Canada.

daplunk
December 20th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Sif you guys have to pay for medical? Thought you were like world leaders or something.

rob
December 20th, 2016, 09:44 PM
@Gord: Yep. I've got insurance. Although my smallish share of the hospital stay was still a huge pill to swallow. Ugh.

@daplunk: You'd think, right? Then again, give it a few months and we could be looking back on this as the "good old days".

Greebo
December 20th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Best wishes and take care, rob!

Viking2054
December 20th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Take care of your health, we will still be here once your better. Besides, tis the season for a break.

Merry Christmas.

Silveras
December 21st, 2016, 01:51 AM
Isn't that a good thing? Equal representation of the worker, religious, and warrior castes should yield an excellent balance of high quality content. Right? :)

I know I saw Kosh around here, someplace. But he's never around when you need him. Oh wait, that's right, they've always been here. :)

It's the 20-year anniversary of the final season (that mattered) of an amazingly well-written show (two Hugo awards) that doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's our little homage. :)

Indeed... perhaps the most under-appreciated show I know of.

As you can see, my spirits are in good shape, but my body has been (and still is) taking a beating these days. So we're a little bit behind where we need to be. Thank you all for understanding!

Take care and get better. As much as we all want stuff NOW, nobody wants it to cost anyone their health. :)

BJ
December 21st, 2016, 12:54 PM
Take care and get better. As much as we all want stuff NOW, nobody wants it to cost anyone their health. :)

You all are so kind and understanding. Thank you for being thoughtful of Rob's illness! Perhaps now he'll go get some rest. ;)

We can't wait to share all the awesome with you after the New Year!

Chemlak
December 22nd, 2016, 04:04 AM
Goodness me. Rob, be a good chap and get some rest. Until after Christmas. At least.

Feel free to post here, but please, don't do any actual work. We can wait.

Exmortis
December 23rd, 2016, 06:31 AM
@Rob - Take care man, do not fret over the holidays, take it easy and rest, the release can wait. There is a nice eternal warm place for anyone who does not agree.

For 45 years I almost never saw a doctor or hospital, except to visit others. My 46th year however has me feeling like a medical experiment. So from one who knows, rest, relax, DO NOT WORK. You have assembled a good team, who can take care of it while you get better.

@LWD Team - Go home, turn off the work brain and enjoy time with family friends and what ever it is that makes you happy.

For me? After my family time? Well if you look, I will be found in the lands of Norrath, enjoying the nostalgia of old school gaming.

Jay_NOLA
December 23rd, 2016, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to seeing the free content to look at how the Realms were set up.

Hope your getting good medical treatment Rob and nothing like what I got back in 2015 and am still dealing with problems from.

(In 2015 I got very badly injured by a hospital, and also witnessed something done to another patient that gives me nightmares to this day, had my medical records altered by the hospital, and I just learned a few weeks ago that the same hospital violated HIPA law and released them to a lawyer (law firm) who then released them to other individuals (other lawyers) who had no legal right to them them and I get to spend Christmas having a friend help me do complaint/reporting forms to report it to Federal authorities that I got earlier this week and do the report the lawyer and the individuals I'm aware of he sent the records to to the state bar association for violating federal law and my rights.)

BJ
December 23rd, 2016, 10:42 AM
@Rob - Take care man, do not fret over the holidays, take it easy and rest, the release can wait. There is a nice eternal warm place for anyone who does not agree.

For 45 years I almost never saw a doctor or hospital, except to visit others. My 46th year however has me feeling like a medical experiment. So from one who knows, rest, relax, DO NOT WORK. You have assembled a good team, who can take care of it while you get better.

@LWD Team - Go home, turn off the work brain and enjoy time with family friends and what ever it is that makes you happy.

For me? After my family time? Well if you look, I will be found in the lands of Norrath, enjoying the nostalgia of old school gaming.

Enjoy your adventure in Norrath!

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you each have a wonderful weekend making happy memories!

Aleslosh
December 23rd, 2016, 03:08 PM
To All of the LW staff (and Rob in particular),

Thank you for providing this update. Now go get some rest and enjoy the holidays with your family and friends.

Rob - get better and close that laptop...if only for a day or so. (I know how it is to be consumed by work and enjoy it but don't let the work consume YOU!)

Happy Holidays to all!

Sigil
December 25th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Also to all the LW staff,

Thank you all for the hard work!! Now take a break and enjoy the holidays with family and friends!! Rob, hope you feel better soon, remembers a steady pace wins the race, burning out in a sprint does you or no one any good)!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ONE AND ALL!!!

Grey Mage
December 25th, 2016, 12:46 PM
To all LW staff and all the rest of the RW family...

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you!

Be well and safe in all things

BJ
December 26th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Happy Holidays to all of you as well! I hope it's been awesome!

Pollution
December 27th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Deleted

Greebo
December 27th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Happy Holidays!

BJ
January 6th, 2017, 05:14 AM
Good Morning wonderful people!

Just a small update. Rob is very slowly feeling better and things are getting back on track.

The big Realm Works release will be out beginning of next week! We don't want to update today and risk breaking things right before weekend games but you can look forward to playing with your new toys soon!

Have a great weekend!

NeoEvaX
January 6th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the update!

Super excited for next week then :)

BJ
January 6th, 2017, 07:27 AM
We are too! :)

Exmortis
January 6th, 2017, 10:19 AM

Just a small update. Rob is very slowly feeling better and things are getting back on track.

The big Realm Works release will be out beginning of next week! We don't want to update today and risk breaking things right before weekend games but you can look forward to playing with your new toys soon!

Have a great weekend!

Good to hear Rob is getting back on track.

There is no perfect time to release an update. However Friday is probably the worst time, and awaiting for the beginning of next week is a good call.

Appreciate the heads up!

Enjoy your weekend LWD.

kbs666
January 6th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Cool. Glad Rob is on the mend.

kad
January 8th, 2017, 04:48 PM

Have a great weekend!

Very glad to hear both pieces of news.

-K

DMG
January 8th, 2017, 05:03 PM
It's just clocked over 12pm Monday here in Queensland, Australia. I'm eagerly awaiting news on RW & I also have had the Arkham Horror LCG delivered at home.

I've started back at work today after a 2 week holiday.

Longest workday ever... :)

daplunk
January 8th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind we are a day ahead of most peeps. Could still be Sunday in the LW offices.

EightBitz
January 8th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Keep in mind we are a day ahead of most peeps. Could still be Sunday in the LW offices.

I believe they're on PST (GMT -8), so right now it would be Sunday at 6:55 PM

DMG
January 8th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Yep, when news is released on a Monday in the US, I don't expect to see anything until I get up on Tuesday morning.

And that's assuming the "big release" will be Monday, anyway...

Absintheminded78
January 8th, 2017, 10:00 PM
The curse of being in Australia, we always have to wait what feels like that one extra day.

daplunk
January 8th, 2017, 10:11 PM
On the plus side... we get the patch a whole day before everyone else!

EightBitz
January 8th, 2017, 10:40 PM
The curse of being in Australia, we always have to wait what feels like that one extra day.

Well, if it helps your national pride at all, the original Ken doll was designed by an Australian. Mind you, it was a bit shorter and and a bit skinnier, but one g'day, one o' your mates just decided to put a shrimp on the Barbie.

DMG
January 9th, 2017, 03:03 AM
Well, if it helps your national pride at all, the original Ken doll was designed by an Australian. Mind you, it was a bit shorter and and a bit skinnier, but one g'day, one o' your mates just decided to put a shrimp on the Barbie.

Ha! :)

Strategon
January 9th, 2017, 06:30 AM

That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Ajax
January 9th, 2017, 11:07 AM
2:00 waiting for that update, game tonight in 5 hours. Sounds like it was ready Friday, so I am hoping that we get it today...

daplunk
January 9th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Suspect it will come tomorrow not today.

eponette
January 9th, 2017, 11:57 AM
It is only 1PM in West Coast. Patience....

EightBitz
January 9th, 2017, 12:05 PM
It is only 1PM in West Coast. Patience....

I failed my Patience check. Rolled a 3.

Daelda
January 9th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I failed my Patience check. Rolled a 3.

Crit Failure - rolled a 1. I've been refreshing the Realm Works Discussion page every few hours. :D

rob
January 9th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Quick update. This thing is huge and we want to get it right. So, in an over-abundance of caution, we are going to delay one more day. We got some last-minute bugs reports from the Beta team, and we are 99% certain that we got them fixed. But we want to be 100% before rolling this thing out. So we will be doing a final Beta release today (essentially, a Release Candidate) to ensure those remaining bugs can be officially verified as fixed by the Beta team members that encountered them tonight. Unless we mess up on one of those bugs, the launch will then occur tomorrow.

The added benefit of this is that I get another 24 hours in which to keep making headway on all the various writing that needs to be done to explain everything for everyone. :)

Thanks for everyone's patience!!! Al... most... there... :)

NeoEvaX
January 9th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I guess I can wait one more day...

I guess. Going to take 10 on my patience check.. Just enough to get me by.

Give my props to the whole team. Devs rarely get props.

tmilktoast
January 9th, 2017, 01:09 PM
That's it, I quit!

... refreshing the page for today.

I'll start again tomorrow morning. :)

Daelda
January 9th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the update! Glad to see bugs getting fixed before it goes out to all of us!

rob
January 9th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Unhappy news. The Beta team has reported that we still have some problems that need to be figured out. So we will NOT be releasing anything on Tuesday. We'll instead be focusing our energies on getting to the bottom of the remaining issues and putting suitable fixes into place.

I'll provide another update late on Tuesday regarding the prognosis for a Wednesday release. Fingers and toes are crossed. But not my eyes, since I need to see what I'm doing on the screen. :)

eponette
January 10th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Take your time to make it nice and neat.

Strategon
January 10th, 2017, 08:30 AM
It seems like you guys are "flying by the seat of your pants"; I know how development can be (been in it for 15 years). It's probably better not to give timelines until you are ready to meet them, you lose credibility when you keep setting dates and not delivering.

I love the product and definitely appreciate the work going into it so don't flame me too hard for my comments. That being said, if you are beta testing right up to a release, it's probably better to give yourself another week+ to be thorough so you don't rush it and have to keep changing your communications to the community.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't mind waiting for another few weeks if that meant your team deploying a build that they are 100% confident in.

Ajax
January 10th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Why not just say, we are shooting for sometime in 2018, that way if you actually get it out in 2017 you can say wow we got that out ahead of schedule. Love the products don't get me wrong, but I talked quite a bit with LW staff at Gen Con last year in August and they were sure the Content market would be out in October, from there on it was one delay after another. Sorry about the rant but I am really looking forward to a fully functioning Custom Content and Commercial Content Market...

Bidmaron
January 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
With all due respect, that was not very helpful or insightful

AEIOU
January 10th, 2017, 12:12 PM
It's a lose-lose situation. If they say 2018 you tick off half the users. If they say October then December then January then next week you tick off the other half. 100% confidence that nothing will break for a release? No matter what LWD does, a segment of the userbase will not be happy.

I totally understand the feeling that we're being strung along with excuses because quite frankly, we are. But because of the communication, we know progress is happening, we know the beta team is shielding us from most of the potential issues and we recognize the excuses are absolutely legitimate. I personally am in the group that would rather see more honest, timely, informative communication and am really happy to see the "when it's ready" or "in 2018 or so" that we've been getting for the last several years may be ending. Let's not go backwards again, please.

gaffneyks
January 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Wasn't the content market supposed to go live this week? Is that going to be bumped also so that that goes live a different week than the update?

Sure seems like a long road to get to the content market.

kbs666
January 10th, 2017, 03:22 PM
No, the CM was supposed to go live later in the process. The release this week was supposed to be the first major step to the CM giving us export/import and some supporting features.

daplunk
January 10th, 2017, 03:35 PM
CM will be heavily reliant on the features we are testing.

Viking2054
January 10th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Wow, seems like some of you guys need to take a major chill pill... (my old age is showing, I know).

Rob's been in the hospital and is still recovering, so I don't think a month or two setback on Realm Works is unreasonable. He's been real nice to us by letting us know what's going on, and so has BJ. If it doesn't happen this week, just relax and remember to breathe... after all, LWD can't see you go blue in the face from your tantrum of held breath.

LWD is doing it's best to get the new version of RW into our hands, with as few bugs as possible.

BJ
January 11th, 2017, 03:52 PM
We know you're anxious for us to get the update out. I promise, we are just as eager to release it as you are to download it. :)

Despite several trips to doctors and hospitals, Rob and his team are working as fast as they can and will be releasing another beta tonight to be sure the current bugs are properly squashed!

As most of you are aware, we have a standing policy of no weekend releases. However, we truly feel this is a special case and we want to deliver the update as soon as we possibly can. So just this once, we are going to work the weekend and put this thing out on a Friday!

While we are confident that there will be no bugs left by Friday, our dev team will be standing by to fix any surprise issues as swiftly as possible. Just in case, you may want to hold off on updating until after any games.

We are so close!

Thank you for your patience and support,
BJ

DMG
January 11th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the update, BJ.

Also, thanks to the team for burning the candle at both ends for us... :)

daplunk
January 11th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Excellent, i was hoping you guys were going to put out more than one update per week to get this sorted. No week-end games planned so I for one fully support getting this thing done.

Exmortis
January 12th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the update, BJ.

Also, thanks to the team for burning the candle at both ends for us... :)

I beginning to wonder of they didn't find a new way to burn it at four ends!

It is just software for gaming, my life isn't going to end if it delayed until next week, nor will anyone else's I suspect.

Daelda
January 12th, 2017, 11:06 AM
I beginning to wonder of they didn't find a new way to burn it at four ends!

It is just software for gaming, my life isn't going to end if it delayed until next week, nor will anyone else's I suspect.

Exactly! I think they're doing a great job with the updates, and the information sharing. I have been here since the Kickstarter and Realm Works is essential to my game at this point. Any new features, while expected and a fulfillment of the promised product, icing on the cake for the moment.

I'm hoping I can keep my current Friday group distracted long enough with other things until I can get my hands on "The Grand Temple of Jing" (via RW). I have some plans for that place....

Ajax
January 13th, 2017, 11:09 AM
So just this once, we are going to work the weekend and put this thing out on a Friday!

Any idea when this might occur?

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM
So just this once, we are going to work the weekend and put this thing out on a Friday!

Any idea when this might occur?

This is a bad road to go down. Trust me, I speak from experience. When it's ready, they will let us know. I imagine it's going to take a while as they test things as extensively as they can. They're also probably waiting for the beta users to do the same, and I'm sure they all have day jobs.

I wouldn't expect anything until maybe 10 PM or 11 PM PST (GMT -8), and even then it might be, "Look, we tried our best, but we're still having issues."

EDIT: GMT -8, not -6.

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 11:35 AM

At first this didn't make sense to me. "If you're releasing it on Friday, why would you still need to work the weekend?" Then I realized you're working the weekend to provide support.

I'm eager to get the update, but I don't really have any large or active realms, and any data I have entered is duplicated elsewhere.

Still, I understand I'm not the normal case, and that others will need support, and that if you weren't working the weekend, you wouldn't be planning for a Friday release.

So, thank you for working the weekend. :-)

Bidmaron
January 13th, 2017, 12:01 PM
You are not alone

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 01:36 PM
You are not alone

You wouldn't, by chance, be the Face of Boe?

DMG
January 13th, 2017, 02:07 PM
You wouldn't, by chance, be the Face of Boe?

Hehe...I get that reference... :)

Never occurred to me before, but I wonder if the whole "head in a jar" is inspired by Futurama? (Who probably got it from elsewhere anyway.)

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Hehe...I get that reference... :)

Never occurred to me before, but I wonder if the whole "head in a jar" is inspired by Futurama? (Who probably got it from elsewhere anyway.)

The head/brain in a jar is an old trope, going back to black and white SF movies and unsubstantiated rumors about Walt Disney (who, according to the rumor, had his head cryogenically frozen.)

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 05:47 PM
While I've been waiting for the update, I've made a tabouleh salad and I've made fried onions with lentils and cracked wheat.

If this thing isn't released soon, I'm libel to make a cucumber and yogurt salad next. Or maybe a cucumber and goat cheese sandwich.

Maybe if y'all wanna come over and wait with me, I'll make a steak and green bean stew poured over Basmati rice.

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 05:56 PM
I've painted a Dragon and built a house to add to my miniature village. Oh and beta testing every combination of copy import and export I can think of. It's looking good guys. The wait will be worth it. This is not something you want rushed.

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 05:58 PM
I've painted a Dragon and built a house to add to my miniature village. Oh and beta testing every combination of copy import and export I can think of. It's looking good guys. The wait will be worth it. This is not something you want rushed.

So, steak and green bean stew, then? It'll probably take about 4 hours. Should I leave the light on for you guys?

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Might take me longer than that to cross the pond lol

Ajax
January 13th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Show of hands who didn't see this coming... *no hands go up*

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Show of hands who didn't see this coming... *no hands go up*

Who didn't see what coming? Daplunk and I were just BSing. Don't take our posts as anything even close to official.

MNBlockHead
January 13th, 2017, 08:50 PM
As soon as EightBitz invited us all over for dinner, I TOTALLY saw it coming that DaPlunk would bow out, making a lame excuse about not being able to cross an ocean in four hours. We all know he just wants to make another video!

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 08:53 PM
You think I'm going to risk missing the launch of the patch to get in a plane and cross the great pond! Not a chance ;)

Anyways... the real reason I can't cross the pond is I'm smashing out video content that you will all absolutely want to see while the new patch is downloading.

Oh and for the record.... #myhandisup

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 08:59 PM
As soon as EightBitz invited us all over for dinner, I TOTALLY saw it coming that DaPlunk would bow out, making a lame excuse about not being able to cross an ocean in four hours. We all know he just wants to make another video!

Oh, that. Nah. That's not the real reason. He's just afraid to eat my cooking. You probably are, too. Well fine. Y'all can make it yourselves, then. :-p

Rice:
• 12 oz package fine egg noodles (or "bird's nest noodles")
• 3.5 tbs butter
• 4 cups water
• 2 cups rice
• 1 tsp salt

In one pan, start heating the water (with the salt) to bring it to a boil.
In a second pan, stir the butter and noodles until the noodles are golden and coated with butter.

Add the rice to the noodles and stir to coat the rice with butter as well.
Once the rice is coated with butter, remove the rice and noodles from heat.
When the water starts boiling, add the rice and noodles.
Reduce heat to simmer.

Stir and cover for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If the rice starts sticking, don't stir it anymore.
When rice is tender, remove from heat.
Don't stir until ten minutes after it's done.

Stew:
• 1 or 2 pounds of lean, trimmed diced steak (the leaner the better: sirloin tip or round steak, or if you can afford it, filet)
• 2 lbs fresh or frozen green beans (I prefer cut, but as you please)
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 2 bulbs of garlic, peeled and chopped
• 6 oz can tomato paste (plain tomato paste . . . nothing fancy)
• 2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1.5 to 2 qts Water

In a 4qt pan, cook the steak, garlic, onions, salt and cinnamon.
When the steak is cooked, stir in the water and tomato paste.
Cook,covered, for about an hour (or until steak reaches desired tenderness).
Add green beans and pepper and stir.
Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes (or until beans reach desired tenderness).

EDIT: Pour the stew over the rice only for individual servings. Otherwise, keep and store them separately.

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Here's the fried onion/lentil/cracked wheat dish:

Ingredients
• 1 cup brown lentils
• 1⁄2 cup course cracked wheat (bulgur)
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 3 tbs oil
• 3 cups water
• salt to taste

In a large pan, begin heating the water to boil. While waiting for the water, begin browning the onions, with the oil, in a sauce pan. Brown the onions until they are dark brown, but be careful not to burn them. Keep stirring the onions so they don't stick to the pan and if necessary, add a little more oil as needed (don't make them too oily, but don't make them too dry, either).
While browning and stirring the onions, keep an eye on the water. When it begins to boil, add the lentils. Boil them for about 10 minutes. They will start to absorb the water. After about 10 minutes, throw in the cracked wheat with the lentils. There should still be some water left for the wheat to absorb. If not, add just a little bit more. Let that boil for another 15 minutes or until the lentils and the wheat are both tender.
When the onions are browned and the lentils and wheat are tender, pour the onions (oil and all) into the pan with the lentils and wheat. Mix well. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 09:04 PM
/Daplunk's stomach rumbles

EightBitz
January 13th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Tabouleh:

Ingredients
• 1 cup fine bulghur
• A good sized bunch or two small bunches Parsley, finely chopped
• 1 large tomato or 4 small tomatoes or 5 or 6 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
• 1 med sweet/vidalia onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• optional: 1 tbs dry mint

Combine the ingredients and mix well.
Let it sit for a couple of minutes for the bulghur to soften as it absorbs the liquid from the vegetables and the dressing.

If you like more dressing, you can add 1/2 cup of each oil and lemon juice, but I wouldn't recommend more than that.

These are mom's old-world recipes. And they're awesome.

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Oh look... the servers gone down...

Absintheminded78
January 13th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Damn, trying to gauge how long this might take by looking at the other server downtimes but there's no real pattern. Just have to be patient I guess.

rob
January 13th, 2017, 09:28 PM
It's ALIVE!!!!!

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I feel like its Christmas... except I'm an adult... and I already know whats in the presents.

DMG
January 13th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Updating now...

Absintheminded78
January 13th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Woo!!!!

daplunk
January 13th, 2017, 09:51 PM
While you are waiting... why not check out some videos...

Realm Works - Importing Shared Content (sneak peak of the free content!) (https://youtu.be/_RKJqTiDAV8)
Realm Works - How To Copy A Realm (https://youtu.be/x3bdbdrWxEo)

I'm headed out for dinner right about now... so if you want to see the video on how to Export then simply subscribe to my channel to receive a notification... its uploading right now...

Avi
January 14th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Yey finally got to save the password and don't have to repeat it each time...

Anything else of interest in this update ;-)

EightBitz
January 14th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Yey finally got to save the password and don't have to repeat it each time...

Anything else of interest in this update ;-)

Nope. That's pretty much it.
<.<
>.>
o.o

*cough*

gaffneyks
January 14th, 2017, 05:12 AM
While you are waiting... why not check out some videos...

Realm Works - Importing Shared Content (sneak peak of the free content!) (https://youtu.be/_RKJqTiDAV8)
Realm Works - How To Copy A Realm (https://youtu.be/x3bdbdrWxEo)

I'm headed out for dinner right about now... so if you want to see the video on how to Export then simply subscribe to my channel to receive a notification... its uploading right now...

Awesome videos as always. These are a HUGE help for a newbie!!

So how do we get the tutorial content or the free content?

Just being able to look at that for examples will be great.

On a side note, I think you might just sold me We Be Goblins from the content market once the your video comes out on how to cross it over into 5th edition. Looks like that might be a fun one off adventure to run while I learn Realm Works...lol

daplunk
January 14th, 2017, 05:18 AM
:) Thanks

For anyone who has not seen it... you really want to watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8MRyyFDX3c&t=38s). Playing Goblins is fun. Playing Goblins with voice actors look incredible.

The content i have shown is free content that will be released when LW release it. I don't know the specifics sorry.

See Robs notes below on how to access tutorial content.

I have done this module in 5e already. I'm planning a way to merge the two bringing the Hero Lab files from mine into the official module content. Should work, at least in my head it does :)

rob
January 14th, 2017, 05:21 AM
So how do we get the tutorial content or the free content?

The tutorial material is available as an option when you create a new realm. You should see a checkbox to include the tutorial content in the realm. [Note: Unless we messed something up, this was enabled in the release last night and is no longer Beta-only.]

The free content should be available late this coming week or early the following week. We're doing this in a step-wise process to keep all the pieces manageable. :)

On a side note, I think you might just sold me We Be Goblins from the content market once the your video comes out on how to cross it over into 5th edition. Looks like that might be a fun one off adventure to run while I learn Realm Works...lol

Good news! We Be Goblins will be FREE. So you can grab it and cross it over to 5E without spending a dime! :)

kbs666
January 14th, 2017, 06:32 AM
I've run We Be Goblins many times, first on the Free RPG Day when it came out and several times since. It is a fun little module.

Ajax
January 14th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Thank you!

Ashran
January 14th, 2017, 10:10 AM
The free content should be available late this coming week or early the following week. We're doing this in a step-wise process to keep all the pieces manageable. :)
Good news! We Be Goblins will be FREE. So you can grab it and cross it over to 5E without spending a dime! :)

Does this include the kickstarter stretch goals or will they come at a later date ?
I really look forward to seeing some of the stuff promised, as I have waited using this tool too intensively without seeing some exemple of how some modules are made :)

BJ
January 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I've run We Be Goblins many times, first on the Free RPG Day when it came out and several times since. It is a fun little module.

We Be Goblins is my favorite!

Does this include the kickstarter stretch goals or will they come at a later date ?
I really look forward to seeing some of the stuff promised, as I have waited using this tool too intensively without seeing some exemple of how some modules are made :)

Kickstarter content should start rolling out this month as well, we don't have an exact date yet but backers will start seeing some of their content soon. :)

rob
January 14th, 2017, 11:18 AM

To supplement what BJ said above, the Kickstarter material will start rolling out to backers AFTER the FREE stuff goes out and BEFORE the Content Market itself goes live. The plan is for backers to receive material before that material goes on sale to anyone. :)

Lkj
January 14th, 2017, 11:43 AM
So I see that import export for 5e is delayed until some other changes are implemented. Any word on what those changes are? Backend stuff or something I'd notice?

AD

mazzy
January 14th, 2017, 04:22 PM
So I see that import export for 5e is delayed until some other changes are implemented. Any word on what those changes are? Backend stuff or something I'd notice?

AD

Here I was, excited to finally split up my main campaign into different adventures, mechanics, etc, when lo and behold I hit the Manage Exports button only to receive a lovely message essentially saying "Hang on there lil missy, you ain't gonna be exporting tonight..." The gaming gods are surely cruel to tease me this way :(

AEIOU
January 14th, 2017, 04:31 PM
It seems to me that the Market roll-out will continue more-or-less as follows:
1) bug fixes
2) add 5e import/export
3) bug fixes
4) add free stuff
5) bug fixes
6) add KS stuff
7) add market stuff
8) calendars (just kidding, well not really, it'll be after the market, eventually)

daplunk
January 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Better than...

1) add 5e import/export
2) add free stuff
3) add KS stuff
4) calendars (just kidding, well not really, it'll be after the market, eventually)
5) Its broken :(

AEIOU
January 14th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Totally agree. I'm hoping the bug fixes this weekend and the deserved catch up on sleep allow for 5e import/export by next weekend. *fingers crossed*

rob
January 14th, 2017, 08:48 PM
FYI, there is a new bug fix release available NOW. We've fixed the vast majority of issues that users reported today. So go grab it! :)

rob
January 14th, 2017, 08:50 PM

AD

Here's the text from the release notes on the subject. I'm not sure how to say it better, so please let me know what aspects of this aren't clear and I'll do my best to fill in the missing pieces. :)

NOTE! We have a major overhaul of the D&D 5th Edition game system structure mapped out, but deploying it on the eve of a weekend would require us to force everyone to login and upgrade to access the server. We’ve deemed that too potentially disruptive for users, so we are holding off on that change. The ramifications of this decision are that we cannot enable the export/import mechanisms for D&D 5th Edition realms until after the new changes are deployed for everyone. Consequently, export and import of D&D 5th Edition realms is temporarily disabled.

rob
January 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Totally agree. I'm hoping the bug fixes this weekend and the deserved catch up on sleep allow for 5e import/export by next weekend. *fingers crossed*

Maybe. We don't want to force everyone to login and upgrade right before the weekend if we can help it, and the 5E changes will necessitate it. That's why we held off on the 5E structure changes in the Friday release. If we don't get the 5E stuff out by mid-week, which is very iffy at this point, then we'll probably hold off and do it at the start of the following week (23rd or 24th).

Hope this helps!

Billy277
January 14th, 2017, 09:14 PM
I finally picked up Realm Works today after months and months of agonizing whether I'd be able to use it. Hooray!

So is the cute little MacGuffin-filled content I imported new as of the past few days? Or had it been there awhile? It was great help in figuring out how to initially navigate the menus.

rob
January 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I finally picked up Realm Works today after months and months of agonizing whether I'd be able to use it. Hooray!

So is the cute little MacGuffin-filled content I imported new as of the past few days? Or had it been there awhile? It was great help in figuring out how to initially navigate the menus.

The tutorial content was present long ago, then it took a hiatus until we got the import/export mechanism into place, and now it's back. So the answer to your A or B question is "Yes"! :)

And I'm happy to hear that it's been useful! :)

AEIOU
January 14th, 2017, 09:26 PM
@Rob, my birthday is the 21st. The 23rd or 24th is close enough at my age. :)

Lkj
January 15th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Here's the text from the release notes on the subject. I'm not sure how to say it better, so please let me know what aspects of this aren't clear and I'll do my best to fill in the missing pieces. :)

NOTE! We have a major overhaul of the D&D 5th Edition game system structure mapped out, but deploying it on the eve of a weekend would require us to force everyone to login and upgrade to access the server. We’ve deemed that too potentially disruptive for users, so we are holding off on that change. The ramifications of this decision are that we cannot enable the export/import mechanisms for D&D 5th Edition realms until after the new changes are deployed for everyone. Consequently, export and import of D&D 5th Edition realms is temporarily disabled.

Hey Rob, my apologies if my post came out as a complaint. I did read the release notes and I understood. I was just curious about what the structural changes are. It was an idle question not a complaint. I know you guys are working hard. Thanks

Ashran
January 15th, 2017, 10:56 PM
I, too, wonder what's so different between two systems. The rules sure are different, I know, but would that mean that rules are hard coded in realm works ? I was under the impression that if you wanted a specific monster, item, or rule really, you had to add it yourself. I don't really see what so different between a pathfinder game and a dd5 game in its abstract.

daplunk
January 15th, 2017, 11:17 PM
The game system is different. What this means is the categories are custom for the system. Example, a monster entry in 5e is different to a monster entry in pathfinder. It asks for different information by default.

rob
January 16th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Hey Rob, my apologies if my post came out as a complaint. I did read the release notes and I understood. I was just curious about what the structural changes are. It was an idle question not a complaint. I know you guys are working hard. Thanks

Gotcha. The current structure needs to be refined further so that it more closely matches the official rulebook structure. They are NOT sweeping changes. But the changes are sufficient enough that, if we enable export and import right now, we'll have to reconcile retroactively accommodating all that cleanly. That's more work for us that can be avoided by simply disabling the operations until the new changes are deployed. So we took the simpler path, since it's only going to be a short delay for everyone. :)

Lkj
January 16th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Gotcha. The current structure needs to be refined further so that it more closely matches the official rulebook structure. They are NOT sweeping changes. But the changes are sufficient enough that, if we enable export and import right now, we'll have to reconcile retroactively accommodating all that cleanly. That's more work for us that can be avoided by simply disabling the operations until the new changes are deployed. So we took the simpler path, since it's only going to be a short delay for everyone. :)

Thanks for the info. Make sense.

AD