PDA

View Full Version : ABv3.0b and W40kv1.8 possible bugs..

sedory
August 12th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Ok, forgive me if I am mistaken (and please correct me) as I've only just recently began playing, but I believe I have either misconfigured something, missed something, or found some bugs. I tried searching but was having no luck (probably didn't search for the correct things, oh wel.)

Now, I'll begin with the basics. I am working on a customized World Eaters battalion. Basically, part of the World Eaters legion, just with some custom battalion insignias, for my own personal touch. Anyways, I was toying with purchasing ABv3 and trying the demo, but here's some of the problems I've seen:

1. While increasing the unit size till it gets the favoured unit option does work (Favoured Khorne Beserkers x8), AB is not allowing me to upgrade one model to Aspiring Champion for free, as per the World Eaters rules on page 48 of the Chaos Codex. World Eaters is selected in the setting for the Chaos Legions rule. If I am correct on this, then I should be able to run two favoured squads of beserkers each with a free upgrade to aspiring champion and a bloodthirster greater deamon and be under 500 points.

2. When I selected a Khorne Beserker squad and select the weapons tab on the right, it shows Upgrade to Chain Axe with a cost of 0. This is not correct, as the codex shows a cost of +1 per unit. Thankfully, this is a display only bug as checking the box does add the proper number to the unit point cost.

Will post more if I find anymore.. and be gentle, I am learning here..

edit: disabled smilies

harkan
August 12th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Chain Axe upgrade - this is a function only as the cost is shown when the CCW changes to chain axes, I've removed the zero from the end to make it a bit clearer.

Free champion - when you select the aspiring champion with unit size set to 8 it shows aspiring champion (free) at a cost of 19 and 5 (chaos marine and mark), it is only the cost of the upgrade that is free, you still have to pay the points for the marine and the mark