PDA

View Full Version : Still Having Links Not Being kept

Jay_NOLA
November 26th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I reported this awhile back. Even sent a link to copy of my Master realm before the big update.

I'm still having links not keeping for several topics.

Example I have "the KTL" set up as custom link it makes the link, but if I navigate away from the topic or close out the program and go back to the topic I saved my link to on the link is missing.

This is also happening for planets and nations as links to them aren't being kept.

The problem got worse it seems with the new update.

kbs666
November 26th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Have you tried rebuilding your index? I had a problem like that once but it went away when I rebuilt the index.

Jay_NOLA
December 1st, 2016, 01:35 PM
Hey,
I haven't tried that. Would that mess up custom links in my topic? I have lots of custom links I set in most of my topics as I didn't want to assign Other Topic names to topic if the word in question was a common one. Example I have a topic on star ship hulls and the word "fighter" refers to a specific class of hull with rules. So when ever I have a starship with a fighter class hull the word fighter got a custom link to the hull page when it was being used to refer to a hull that was fighter class.

daplunk
December 1st, 2016, 02:14 PM
I never clicked that button until recently. Now I click it weekly. Fixed everything and impacted nothing.

kbs666
December 1st, 2016, 03:52 PM
Hey,
I haven't tried that. Would that mess up custom links in my topic? I have lots of custom links I set in most of my topics as I didn't want to assign Other Topic names to topic if the word in question was a common one. Example I have a topic on star ship hulls and the word "fighter" refers to a specific class of hull with rules. So when ever I have a starship with a fighter class hull the word fighter got a custom link to the hull page when it was being used to refer to a hull that was fighter class.
It shouldn't.

BTW you can use the manage names feature to do what you're doing manually. It depends on how often a word will appear and you won't want to link to it.

Exmortis
December 2nd, 2016, 03:13 AM
I have no issue with my links being kept, that is if I can set them with out crashing. It has gotten worse with the last updates.

I sent it a lot of crash reports yesterday.

Jay_NOLA
December 10th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I got around to trying the rebuilding the index and it didn't fix the problem.

I still can't get links to stay. I haven't done a lot of data entry for one realm that I need to because of this.

ShadowChemosh
December 10th, 2016, 11:41 AM

I still can't get links to stay. I haven't done a lot of data entry for one realm that I need to because of this.
Are the links really going away or just the visual cue of color and underline is not displaying? Just asking cause sometimes my custom links to the d20pfsrd wiki do not have a different color/underline but if I try and click on the words the cursor changes to a hand and I can click it.

rob
December 10th, 2016, 12:27 PM

We *THINK* we've figured out a way to reproduce this problem. If so, then we should be able to fix it. Until now, we've been unable to replicate the bug, so it's been impossible to fix. Keep those fingers crossed... :)

Jay_NOLA
December 10th, 2016, 02:08 PM
@ShdowChemosh, The links are really gone.

@Rob, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it gets fixed. If you need me to resend my Relm file to support let me know. I sent it when the problem first appeared.