PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Viking2054
November 24th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, or happy turkey-day.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day filled with the company of friends and family. Be safe, have some fun, and definitely over indulge.

Jujutsuka
November 24th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Does anyone have homebrewed holidays in their campaigns? I have done a spring holiday, but haven't implemented one inspired by thanksgiving yet. Just curious what ideas are out there for fall harvest celebrations.

Vargr
November 24th, 2016, 11:04 PM
I make holydays (in the meaning of "sacred days") as I move through the year.

Haven't reached fall harvest celebrations yet, though.

So far I have (for what it is worth):

New Year Feast
A celebration taking place the evening and night when the old year transforms into the new year - each year on December 31st.​
​It is a celebration of the successful ending of the old year (you survived, didn't you?) and the beginning of a new year with new oppurtunities.​
It also marks that the winter is half done.​
Hopeday
​It is a sacred day that reminds people of the Fact, that Tarkora showed His people out of the dark ages and into the light, peace and a world of opportunities.​
Barbaroisa's Remembrance
Not fully fleshed out. Emperor, early, that strived to spread the word of the Church within the empire.​
The Embrace (not fleshed out yet)
When God took the humans as His
Saints' Day
​A day celebrating the Holy Seven.​
Reflection Carnival
​A day where the Church and the faithful look upon, into themselves and reflects over, whether they are truly faithful and living according to the Church and His Will.​
The week (sometimes the fortnight) up to this day is usually full of processions and ceremonies.​

The description is far longer for most of them than indicated here.

Jujutsuka
November 25th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I make holydays (in the meaning of "sacred days") as I move through the year.

Haven't reached fall harvest celebrations yet, though.

So far I have (for what it is worth):

New Year Feast
A celebration taking place the evening and night when the old year transforms into the new year - each year on December 31st.​
​It is a celebration of the successful ending of the old year (you survived, didn't you?) and the beginning of a new year with new oppurtunities.​
It also marks that the winter is half done.​
Hopeday
​It is a sacred day that reminds people of the Fact, that Tarkora showed His people out of the dark ages and into the light, peace and a world of opportunities.​
Barbaroisa's Remembrance
Not fully fleshed out. Emperor, early, that strived to spread the word of the Church within the empire.​
The Embrace (not fleshed out yet)
When God took the humans as His
Saints' Day
​A day celebrating the Holy Seven.​
Reflection Carnival
​A day where the Church and the faithful look upon, into themselves and reflects over, whether they are truly faithful and living according to the Church and His Will.​
The week (sometimes the fortnight) up to this day is usually full of processions and ceremonies.​

The description is far longer for most of them than indicated here.

I like it!