PDA

View Full Version : Constant Crashing: No element with matching id was found

daplunk
November 9th, 2016, 01:51 AM
Hi Team,

Last couple of week's I've been banging my head against the proverbial wall.

I keep crashing Realm Works. Receiving the following error.

No element with matching id was found.

It causes Realm Works to crash out completely. (I have submitted numerous reports to LW). From my testing it happens when I attempt to save a snippet that contains the word 'Triboar'.

Now interestingly I had 2x articles earlier today called 'Triboar'. I renamed one 'Triboar - SKT' to reduce the duplication issues. Everything was working when I saved and synced.

Then I transitioned to my other PC. Synced up and boom, now I can't save 'Triboar'.

Now I know I can restore from backup. This this exact same issue happened to me last week (happened with the word 'leather'). It took me a good day to restore from backup only to have the same issue repeat a week later.

What sparks my interest is I seem to be getting around the same amount of work done in entering the module each time the crash happens. My database isn't small, 1.18GB, I'm guessing the larger it becomes the more that can go wrong.

Has anyone had this issue previously?

Original Bug Report: 108253_amvhrlfeihul55qa
Latest Bug Report: 108740_atfle419212t3nv6

I'll start uploading my backup file to the cloud. Gonna take a long time.

SOLUTION PROVIDED: Manage Tab > Rebuild Index :)

Vargr
November 9th, 2016, 04:52 AM
A possible solution that someone just mentioned for me:

Try rebuilding the index.

kbs666
November 9th, 2016, 09:28 AM
That does sound a lot like a bad index. Can't swear to it but it does sound like a possibility. The error message does sound like a DB error to me.

daplunk
November 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM
/Virtual High Five!

Thanks guys, I've never had to do that before. Fixed it right up. :D

In-case anyone stumbles across this with the same issue.

Open RW, get into your Realm. Manage Tab > Rebuild Index > Win :D

Exmortis
November 9th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Rebuilding the index is the first think I do after any crash event.

The idea behind it is, to clean up anything that may have gotten mucked up.

Then I sync.

rob
November 9th, 2016, 04:48 PM
The index uses a different mechanism from the database. As such, we can't always ensure that it gets perfectly updated in sync with changes to the database. We do our best, but there are some situations that get extremely hard. One of the things we've added in the upcoming release is detection of some of the situations where things have become broken. We can't do it in advance, but we are now recognizing the error and configuring RW to automatically rebuild the index when it happens. The product still crashes, but the index gets fixed up automatically when you next load the realm. So it at least resolves the constant recurrence of the issue on subsequent loads, which was experienced above. Still far from perfect, but definitely a step in the right direction. :)

DaFranker
November 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM
The index uses a different mechanism from the database. As such, we can't always ensure that it gets perfectly updated in sync with changes to the database. We do our best, but there are some situations that get extremely hard. One of the things we've added in the upcoming release is detection of some of the situations where things have become broken. We can't do it in advance, but we are now recognizing the error and configuring RW to automatically rebuild the index when it happens. The product still crashes, but the index gets fixed up automatically when you next load the realm. So it at least resolves the constant recurrence of the issue on subsequent loads, which was experienced above. Still far from perfect, but definitely a step in the right direction. :)

Very robust, much awesome.

Thanks!