PDA

View Full Version : How I am using RW... Video

LeeSmith
November 2nd, 2016, 02:33 PM
I did this video some time ago, it will show you how I am using RW for my world of Lerchanth.

Hope you all can find something useful in it.

https://www.facebook.com/TheMadCartographersCartography/videos/844299489006328/

daplunk
November 2nd, 2016, 02:59 PM
Love your use of the home screen. I really need to improve that myself.

And your maps are beautiful.

It's interesting to see the different approaches in using the tool. You actually use it as I imagine it is intended to be used. I tend to drop that approach as I'm running pre-made modules.

LeeSmith
November 2nd, 2016, 03:04 PM
Love your use of the home screen. I really need to improve that myself. Thanks!

And your maps are beautiful. And again!

It's interesting to see the different approaches in using the tool. You actually use it as I imagine it is intended to be used. I tend to drop that approach as I'm running pre-made modules. I have just entered a module myself, and am entering another one.

I would love to see how other people are using it... I have access to a few realms (from the Chat page) and have gotten new ideas...

It's a great program and I dont think I will ever be done with it.

MNBlockHead
November 2nd, 2016, 03:08 PM
It's interesting to see the different approaches in using the tool.

Yes it is, thank you both for making and sharing videos of your realms!

rob
November 5th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Love your use of the home screen. I really need to improve that myself.

Use of the "home" topic is fundamental to what we're doing with content we're creating. For example, a module includes a "player synopsis" topic that is pre-built to serve as a "home" topic for the module. All you need to do as a GM is link to it from your own "home" topic within the realm where you're using the module. This makes it easy to weave together content from different sources into a single, unified realm - with negligible effort by the GM. :)

Exmortis
November 5th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Wow your maps are indeed AWESOME!

Really liked what you have done, I have to say it is so great to now see videos of the fruits of people labour in RW. It really shows everyone who comes here that RW isn't about forcing a style on you, but you bringing your style to RW.

I also hope it gives the LWD a little morale boost, to see so much great work done in their tool and know that the years of pain are worth the end result.

Gord
November 6th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Nicely done indeed. I had never thought of sorting monsters the way you did. I was using tags for things like animal, aberration, etc. I might change it to doing both now for it and spell lists (as I saw in daplunk's video). It does get a little unwieldy when you open a straight alphabetical list.

Thanks for showing us what you have done.

AEIOU
November 6th, 2016, 07:43 AM
@Rob: "Use of the "home" topic is fundamental to what we're doing with content we're creating."

Uggh.... My "home" is dead. I guess I really do need to get my realm fixed sooner than later. Can't delete or replace any of the maps in it without crashing. Sending it in with a DropBox link and a bug report.

Bidmaron
November 6th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Daplunk any chance getting this added to the sticky?

daplunk
November 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Absolutely. I can add it to the YouTube play list too.