PDA

View Full Version : RM Use and Pricing

PhilFischer
October 19th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I'm trying to calculate my costs for implementing RW in my campaign.

I would be using RW DM version on 2 or 3 computers so I assume I need a license for each one, correct?

I also assume I will not need a 'player' version for myself since there is a mode to display content in player mode, correct?

ShadowChemosh
October 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I would be using RW DM version on 2 or 3 computers so I assume I need a license for each one, correct?

RW is more account based then license based. You can only be actively logged in on ONE computer. But you can freely have RW installed on many machines. It does not use licenses locked to a PC like Hero Lab does.

I also assume I will not need a 'player' version for myself since there is a mode to display content in player mode, correct?
Player version of RW are for players that are other "real" people in your group. If you are the GM and you want to display player information on a 2nd computer screen that is all part of the GM version of RW.

Sounds like you need "one" purchase of RW. :)

If your players would like to access the RW data of your world in between sessions they have to purchase a Player Version of RW.

Acenoid
October 19th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Hi there!

If youre the only person to use RW you need to buy it only once.
The GM version has a player view, so in my opinion you also don't need to buy the player version.

I think you're good to go with 1 license unless your players need to have access as well, then they need a number of licenses equal to the number of players.

Currently Iam not sure about the server access fees. At the moment it is free (until the release of Content market presumably in December + some time), but there might/will be subscription fees after that for server access.

See the FAQ: http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/features/the-power-of-the-cloud/

Please also read the most recent news by BJ posted in this forum here:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56781

PhilFischer
October 19th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks, that's great information.

Exmortis
October 19th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Welcome into the fold.

Once your in, you will never find your way out again!