PDA

View Full Version : Disable default text snippet in sections

LordOfAnnora
October 8th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Is there a way to eliminate the default creation of a text snippet in every category section? I've created some categories with sections that entirely use numeric, tag, or labeled text snippets. I don't want to have to keep deleting the empty text snippet Realm Works insists on adding with every section.

daplunk
October 8th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Won't answer your question since I have not touched that functionality but do you use the ctrl shift ' feature to remove all the empty snippets?

Parody
October 8th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Is there a way to eliminate the default creation of a text snippet in every category section?
I don't believe so; RW makes a text snippet if you don't have at least one in a section. You may find that some combinations of non-text snippets result in not getting an automatic text snippet, but I haven't done a lot of playing around with the current version to see if there's a reliable pattern.

In any case, Sections Without Snippets (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49330) is a feature request thread for not doing this. You may wish to add your voice there.

Won't answer your question since I have not touched that functionality but do you use the ctrl shift ' feature to remove all the empty snippets?
That can be a workaround, but not always. The snippets I have a Category add by default are the ones I always want their Topics/Articles to have, whether or not they have data (or, more importantly, whether or not they have data at the time I add the Topic/Article). Thus I never use Ctrl-`or Ctrl-Shift-`. (Also note that it's the backtick/tilde key, not the apostrophe...on US keyboards, at least. :)

Joe
October 10th, 2016, 08:17 AM
I believe we're adding a preference to prevent this from happening in the next patch.

Exmortis
October 10th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I believe we're adding a preference to prevent this from happening in the next patch.

If it were granular down to every section of every topic...um..WOW~!!!!

However since I love the clean look, I simply use the delete all empty sections and snippets when done every topic, this feature is gold, GOLD I tell you!

Joe
October 12th, 2016, 08:34 AM
@Exmortis It is not a granular preference, it is a realm-wide preference. You can't set it differently for different categories, topics, or sections.

The default setting is the current behavior. If you find this behavior annoying, you can disable it, and no empty text snippets will be added to any sections that lack a text snippet.

Parody
October 12th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Granular is turning it off and adding text snippets where you want them in your Categories. (Which, in my opinion, is how it should have always worked.)

Glad to hear it's going to be a preference.

LordOfAnnora
October 21st, 2016, 02:46 PM
That's great. Thanks very much.