PDA

View Full Version : Games System specific categories

ich.pdf
September 3rd, 2016, 02:44 AM
I haven't used RW for a couple of months now, but I vaguely remember that a feature has been or should be implemented that lets you choose a game system and would prefilter all the categories... Can someone point me to that feature if it's already there?

Silveras
September 3rd, 2016, 07:27 AM
It is part of creating a new Realm. There is no functionality that I know of to modify an existing Realm.

When you begin to create a new Realm, the dialog has a place for the name, and a Game System for it.

ich.pdf
September 3rd, 2016, 11:35 AM
hm.. In the Create Realm dialog, it only asks me to enter a Name, no option for choosing a game system... And RW is up to date. Do I have to change something in the settings before the game system option is enabled?

ShadowChemosh
September 3rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
Pretty sure this feature is only for Beta testers right now.

Silveras
September 3rd, 2016, 01:55 PM
I had a nagging feeling that was the case, and almost said as much. :(

ich.pdf
September 4th, 2016, 12:15 AM
OK, that would explain it. :) Thanks for your help

tkarn
September 4th, 2016, 11:00 PM
When you look at manage -> Categories you find a list of all categories of Realm Works. There you can Change a category you don't want to use to invisible. You can also make a copy of a category to create your own categories.

I made a copy of my used categories and translated it to german. Now I have a "german" Realms Work.

It's really useful.

Joe
September 6th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I can confirm that game system-specific categories (at least those defined by us) are currently beta tester only.