PDA

View Full Version : Weird Display Issues

stewaycol
August 23rd, 2016, 04:33 PM
I purchased Realm Works at GenCon this year and have been playing around with getting a pre-gen campaign translated into it for practice.

It's been working pretty well, but today when I opened up Realm Works there are a slew of issues!

1) A weird white box shows near the top right corner, blocking part of my display. It displays the name of what view I'm in. It obscures some of the menu choices.

2) All of my text boxes are shrunk, text is about half visible, can't scroll down to view what's under the display.

3) All text that is a hyperlink to another topic is struck through with a line.

It's unusable as is and I can't seem to get things to revert back to how they should be. Any ideas what happened and what to do? Help!

Picture of issues: http://i.imgur.com/iFJ34Wq.png

Gord
August 24th, 2016, 08:38 AM
I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. Everything was fine on my desktop but I got the same white box and font size issues that you had when I used the laptop (a 1 year old HP Spectre). I was lucky in that I could just move about 6 feet from the table to the desktop unit and use it off-line as a workaround but it was very confusing.

After syncing the few changes I had made on the laptop, and then syncing the desktop unit again, the desktop still looked just fine.

I'm sorry you had the same problem but I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Joe
August 24th, 2016, 08:43 AM
This looks to be a similar OS scaling issue that others are seeing. We have a fix for it and are hoping to deploy an update this week (hopefully later today). In the meantime, you can set your scaling factor to 100% in windows display preferences to keep this from happening.

Joe
August 24th, 2016, 04:39 PM
We've released build 214 which should resolve this issue. Check out the release thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=233826) and the release notes for more information.

Gord
August 25th, 2016, 05:46 PM
It is indeed fixed (at least on my laptop). Thanks guys.