PDA

View Full Version : Prefix / Suffix - Bug?

Guyanthalas
August 4th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to sort things using the Prefix and Suffix parts of Realm Works, but it doesn't seem to be working in a logical fashion.

Prefix says it will sort data by adding the prefix and a dash to the front.
Suffix says it will disambiguate duplicate names by adding a parenthetical to the end.

Testing this out doesn't pan out how I would expect. Here is how I enter the data:
http://i.imgur.com/NKJUD09.png

Here is how it ends up "sorting" it.

http://i.imgur.com/Ug6Ns3H.png

This doesn't seem right to me on multiple levels. First, I can't actually sort by this. Also, the prefix has managed to put itself AFTER the suffix.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an actual bug in the software?

Thanks!

AEIOU
August 4th, 2016, 11:41 AM
If it doesn't act the way you think it should, report it as a bug. If it is repeatable, provide steps.

Guyanthalas
August 4th, 2016, 12:50 PM
If it doesn't act the way you think it should, report it as a bug. If it is repeatable, provide steps.

Sorry, I did not realize there was a different way to report bugs. I'll use that in the future. Thanks for the prompt response!

kbs666
August 4th, 2016, 01:11 PM
You may have missed something. You need to turn sorting by prefix on.

Select world almanac options ( a hammer/wrench icon) choose sort topics-> by prefix.
You might want to select show prefix before name when available.

AEIOU
August 4th, 2016, 08:39 PM
And please don't apologize. :) You are helping everyone by posting your findings, questions and advice. Thank you kbs666 for the helpful comment! That's what makes this community fun to be a part of. Reporting bugs directly to the devs using their bug tracker though ensures they have it logged and can contact you easier. And helping each other makes us all smarter.

Acenoid
August 8th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Well to figure out in the forum to see if it is a bug might save the devs precious minutes they could enable new features for us :) So keep it coming.