PDA

View Full Version : Weird behavior with maps

eponette
August 2nd, 2016, 02:41 AM
Hi

Since a while, when I open a map, all the RW interface changes. the font get smaller, the right panel with all the links dispapear from my screnn as if they were out of my screen, ...

I need to change to another tab, and go back to the map in order to have all things OK. Sometimes twice.

What can I do?

Toblakai
August 2nd, 2016, 06:46 AM
Hi

Since a while, when I open a map, all the RW interface changes. the font get smaller, the right panel with all the links dispapear from my screnn as if they were out of my screen, ...

I need to change to another tab, and go back to the map in order to have all things OK. Sometimes twice.

What can I do?

I have had this happen too. When this happens, my player view gets messed up and unusable also. The only way I have been able to fix this is to unplug/re-plug my second monitor and restart realm works.

Cornelius
August 2nd, 2016, 08:08 AM
The best thing to do when RW is behaving odd is mail support and give as much information on when, what and how it happens. The more details you can provide the better. Especially if you are able to recreate the behavior.
The support ticket will ensure that the RW team is aware of the behavior and can look for possible solutions.

wurzel
August 2nd, 2016, 01:43 PM
The best thing to do when RW is behaving odd is mail support and give as much information on when, what and how it happens. The more details you can provide the better. Especially if you are able to recreate the behavior.
The support ticket will ensure that the RW team is aware of the behavior and can look for possible solutions.

It might be a good idea to include some details of your hardware and software configuration. Since it doesn't seem to happen very often (at least I have never seen that behaviour) something could be peculiar with your situation.

Farling
August 2nd, 2016, 09:33 PM
I reported this around 6 weeks ago. I then went away on various holidays/business trips. I still haven't got around to sending screen captures of the problem.

I only remembered about it when it happened during a game session last night.

Joe
August 10th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Someone emailed support about this and has provided some screenshots. I've asked a few follow-up questions and we are in the process of working out what might be going wrong.

FWIW I've never seen this behavior personally, nor (I believe) has anyone within the company (my favorite kind of bug! :p )

eponette
August 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Hi Joe,

I just send you the screen shots. I hope this will show you clearly the strange behavior

Joe
August 10th, 2016, 01:52 PM
@eponette yes I see them thank you. We'll take a look...

Farling
August 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
This is directly affected by having your screen font size set to something other than 100%. I have it set to 125% on my laptop and it causes the problem. (Case 102781)

Joe
August 10th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone. We can reproduce it in-house now. Now to figure out what the heck is going on and how to fix it! :)

eponette
August 10th, 2016, 11:36 PM
My scaling factor is 100%. But I have a laptop with a HD resolution.

Good luck with the fix.

adzling
August 12th, 2016, 01:40 PM
it happens to me anytime i add an image to realmworks, if i click somewhere else in the realmworks interface the realmworks window zooms across the screen and rescales to proper scale.

not a big deal, im used to it now.

likely has something to do with the fact im using Realmworks on a Retina Macbook Pro via emulation under Parallels....

jammies
August 15th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I have the same resizing issue, and I used to just be able to click a different tab and it would resize properly back, but no more. Not sure if it's the recent Windows 10 anniversary update, or the latest Realm Works update, or a graphics driver update (I have an NVidia card) but now I have to close the program and reenter it before the window and fonts resize properly.Which makes smart maps useless, I can't see what I'm doing well enough to edit them.

I would not even use simple pictures anymore either except that you can paste them from the clipboard and avoid the graphics mode change when you browse and attach images normally. Although the copy/paste is also glitchy, you'll often get the "Cannot process an image greater than 30,000,000 bytes in size" even though the image is 20-25 megs in size, not 30. I've found you can only reliably paste an image under 20 megs.

I have the OS fonts set to 175% normal as I have a really high-rez monitor and poor vision. So that's apparently a common factor in these issues, I suspect somewhere in the code that loads the graphical editing there is an initialization bug, as it happens 100% of the time immediately upon engaging that mode. It will also occur 100% if you close Realmworks, then reopen it and the tab is saved where the graphic was loaded, and you switch to that tab.

Joe
August 15th, 2016, 11:17 AM
For me, opening a new tab and switching to it seems to revert the UI to it's normal size. That might help people work around the issue until we can figure out a true fix. Hopefully this helps someone!

Farling
August 15th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I have the same resizing issue, and I used to just be able to click a different tab and it would resize properly back, but no more. Not sure if it's the recent Windows 10 anniversary update, or the latest Realm Works update, or a graphics driver update

This the same for me, switching tabs used to work, now it doesn't.

Joe
August 16th, 2016, 02:10 PM
We've isolated this issue down to a change we made around build 209. It should be fixed in the next release.

Farling
August 16th, 2016, 03:55 PM
We've isolated this issue down to a change we made around build 209. It should be fixed in the next release.

Wahoo! Let's hope it's out soon. I had to restart RW four times this evening due to this bug.

Joe
August 18th, 2016, 10:07 AM
We're planning for a bug fix release (probably) this week or next.

eponette
August 19th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Thanks

Joe
August 24th, 2016, 04:39 PM
We've released build 214 which should resolve this issue. Check out the release thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=233826) and the release notes for more information.