PDA

View Full Version : My Realms Works Is Going Bonkers

Sir.Nel
July 23rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
I'm having again tomorrow at this is an urgent 911 call to anybody out yesterday I was on the middle of developing my campaign I turned off the program and went to sleep. I woke up today that turned on my realms works around two o'clock and since then it's axing me to update and when I do I get an error sign. Please help me 911 911 911:confused:

Sir.Nel
July 23rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
the little window says," Wells works has encountered a problem. We are sorry for your inconvenience." And then on the bottom it says," Access is denied "I just thought maybe that will help you guys a little. 911 911 911

rob
July 23rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
What you've provided here is, unfortunately, not going to help us. Did you allow Realm Works to send us the crash report? Until you do that, there's nothing we can concretely investigate. Assuming you HAVE done that, I'll ping David and see what we can figure out on this end.

Sir.Nel
July 23rd, 2016, 02:02 PM
Yes I did and I did it again just in case. But I think I may probably have to work the campaign tomorrow off-line that really sucks.

davidp
July 23rd, 2016, 02:57 PM
It looks like when Realm Works tried to launch the new installer, it got an "Access denied" response from Windows. For whatever reason, the built-in mechanism is not being allowed. You can try manually downloading the installer from here:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/get-realm-works/download/

And then run it to install the new version.

Sir.Nel
July 23rd, 2016, 03:59 PM
Thanks a lot guys who saved the day I did what you said, it's probably something with this Windows 10. But on up and running thanks a lot again thank you.

gloranphile
August 1st, 2016, 09:40 AM
FYI Rob & DavidP, the manual download is build 212, and the update is for 213...

rob
August 1st, 2016, 02:41 PM
FYI Rob & DavidP, the manual download is build 212, and the update is for 213...

The public version is build 212. The Beta version is build 213. There is a separate URL for accessing the Beta version via manual download, where you have to authenticate yourself to get access to it.

Please see the Beta team forum for details... :)

gloranphile
August 2nd, 2016, 08:29 AM
The public version is build 212. The Beta version is build 213. There is a separate URL for accessing the Beta version via manual download, where you have to authenticate yourself to get access to it.

Please see the Beta team forum for details... :)

D'oh! I should have figured that out after all this time! :)

Sir.Nel
August 4th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I'm having the same problem again, I opened up the Realms works login my password and it seemed everything is all right until I tried to edit any and save it. I did have it working for while for the new update. But I have some issues with my computer so I had a system restore to a later date. Everything else is working my hero lab, and my other programs, but not my realms works can you let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Sir.Nel
August 4th, 2016, 03:48 PM
i'm having the same problem again, i opened up the realms works login my password and it seemed everything is all right until i tried to edit any and save it. I did have it working for while for the new update. But i have some issues with my computer so i had a system restore to a later date. Everything else is working my hero lab, and my other programs, but not my realms works can you let me know what i'm doing wrong.

911 911 911

Gord
August 4th, 2016, 03:52 PM
You may not get any official answer for a few days. I imagine most, if not all of the staff is at Gencon right now

Sir.Nel
August 4th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks a lot for that info, but what kind of content I get from anybody. This is becoming very irritating now my desktop is not working, neither realms work or hero lab.

rob
August 4th, 2016, 07:46 PM
The entirety of both the Realm Works and Hero Lab development teams are at GenCon right now. It is incredibly difficult for us to investigate bugs right now, as our only time for that is late at night after marathon days in the booth, plus we're operating from laptops in hotel rooms. The only way we can help out here is if you do the following...

1. Open a support ticket. Open TWO separate support tickets if you have issues with both Hero Lab AND Realm Works, as you seem to imply above.

2. Provide excruciating detail about the problem in the support ticket. We need to be able to reproduce the problem (or fully understand it) on our laptops in hotel rooms, which is vastly harder compared to on our development machines.

3. Provide us with any crash report that's reported, including it with the support ticket. For Realm Works, you should submit the crash report from the product when you are prompted to do so.

With the above information, we have a chance to figure this out from the road. We'll do our best to get you sorted, but please understand that GenCon gets much more grueling as it progresses, so this is probably going to be a difficult task for us. We may not be able to get a handle on this issue until we get home next week. And since the problem seems to be unique to you, it may very well be due to something special about your environment, which will make it even harder still.

Please get us all the details you can via a support ticket. With the above disclaimers in place, we'll do what we can to sort this out for you. :)

AEIOU
August 4th, 2016, 08:40 PM
My signature has the bug links and here are the tech support links:

http://www.wolflair.com/legacy/index.php?context=tech_support
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/support/