PDA

View Full Version : Changing Categories after creation

afedelejr
July 6th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Hello,

First time poster. I am new to RW also. I'm a Kickstarter backer but am just getting around to using it. I was waiting for the Content Market but need to start now.

I have created numerous places in a town but didn't realize that there is an option to create a merchant.

Is there a way to change it from Location to Merchant or do I have to recreate them all?

I've used the search function on here but didn't come up with anything.

Dr_Automaton
July 7th, 2016, 05:01 AM
* Open the topic you wish to change.

* Click on the Content Pane Option icon in the upper-right (F7).

* Go to Topic Category >> Change Topic to a Different Category...

* Bob's your uncle :)

AEIOU
July 7th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Moving saves a lot of time but sometimes you end up with snippets that aren't normally in the new category. Once you move it, you may want to remove all unused snippets and then refresh the snippets to add them back so that you clear out things that aren't in the new category.

Sorry, no RW on this computer, so I can't provide step-by-step....

Gord
July 9th, 2016, 07:32 AM
To reformat the item to the new category style, you can to to the hammer/wrench icon at the top right of the topic title bar. Click it and go to Quick Edit Content. There will be a couple of options to resequence and synchronize the snippets to match the category definition. I tend to click both to make sure everything is ok and matches up.

Joe
July 11th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Just to clarify Gord's point:

The "Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition" option will recreate any snippets and/or sections for the category that you had removed, or any new ones that have been added since you created the topic (either your own custom modifications, or if we've updated the global definition). Importantly, this will NOT change the order of any snippets. They will simply be added on to the top/bottom of their relevant area.

The "Re-Sequence Snippets to Match Category Definition" option does NOT recreate any snippets or sections. It's only function is to adjust the order of snippets to match the category, if you had moved them, or if they had been added later (such as with Synchronize).

In general, you'll want to do both. But there are some cases where you'll only want to do one or the other, so we give you that option as well.