PDA

View Full Version : CISpecWhen Issue With Paladin Oath of Vengeance

TonganJedi
February 12th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I completed building the Paladin class's Oath of Vengeance. I believe I've structured the ability properly. Editor tests show no errors, but when I add the oath to a character, I get an error message stating the Channel Divinity: Vow of Enmity ability does not have a level assigned with a CISpecWhen tag.

Problem is, it does.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ikwll1/9

It even shows in the character's sheet as a level 3 ability (but it's grayed out). The other Channel Divinity ability does not produce an error.

So either I'm missing something or there's a weird bug going on.

Any thoughts?

Irondrake
February 12th, 2016, 08:17 PM
That's odd, I'll have to look at my copy and see what it looks like, but your picture isn't showing up.

TonganJedi
February 13th, 2016, 08:13 AM
The image was a screenshot of the Oath of Vengeance > Parent Class Modifications > Class Special Abilities bootstraps. The tag is clearly there.

It's pretty annoying too. Every change I make to the character gives me the prompt. I just wish I knew what I was missing.

ShadowChemosh
February 13th, 2016, 08:30 AM
The image was a screenshot of the Oath of Vengeance > Parent Class Modifications > Class Special Abilities bootstraps. The tag is clearly there.

It's pretty annoying too. Every change I make to the character gives me the prompt. I just wish I knew what I was missing.
I am happy to help out but its really hard to diagnose with so little information. I would suggest posting the .user file or if you don't want everyone to have access to it email me directly. My email is my forum user id at yahoo dot com.

TonganJedi
February 13th, 2016, 08:33 AM
So I think I figured out what the issue was. There was a top-level bootstrap on the Soul of Vengeance ability that was linking it to the Vow of Enmity. I removed it and that appears to have resolved the error.

Mergon
February 13th, 2016, 03:33 PM
What it sounds to me like, is that you have not assigned a level to the subclass at to define when you get the ability.

On the Class tab in the editor, this would be under Class Special Abilities. Just set the level at which you gain the ability.