PDA

View Full Version : Backgrounds

Corwyn
February 6th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone,
Time for my silly question of the month or so. I'm trying to put in the backgrounds, and I can't find where to enter or change the existing tool proficiency. For example, I tried to put in folk hero and made the herbalist kit item, but then how do I get it so I can connect it to the background I'm making?

and bootstraps still give me a headache... they kinda remind me of when I programmed in C++, but it's VERY different (or at least it seems to be)

Thanks,
Corwyn

Corwyn
February 6th, 2016, 08:38 AM
When I look up the Shelter of the Faithful it's listed under abilities... so I copied it, changed it to what I wanted to and then saved & tested it. I then did a copy of acolyte and changed the info over to folk hero, and changed the bootstrap over to the new one I made (bRusHos)... and when I test it, I get the error Non-existent bootstrap thing.
Thanks,
Corwyn

arggg.... hate bootstraps.

Frodie
February 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM
The community files have the PHB backgrounds (maybe 75% done). There is also a bug in Hero Lab that LW said will be fixed by next update. So if you want to wait a bit and we can find out a legal way to post them, we will.

Corwyn
February 6th, 2016, 03:22 PM
That's the rub.... if you can't post them, then I will have wasted time that I could have put in doing the creation for myself to use. Do you have any idea why I would get that error?
Thanks,
Corwyn

Frodie
February 7th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Yea, I understand the issue with releasing the community files, we are just kind waiting to hear something from LW on what we can do. My guess is they aren't really sure either.

Anyways, the error. I am using the editor to input the background. I am not a coder, but in the editor there is a check box for tool proficiency near the bottom of the screen. You shouldn't have to bootstrap a tool proficiency.

The "error Non-existent bootstrap thing", I think you just need to re-start HL. If you just save a file without "Testing", HL can't find what was created.