PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Feature Requests

TheMaskedFerret
January 14th, 2016, 08:13 AM
I would like to request support for multiple Living Campaign options. Pathfinder currently supports the Pathfinder Society and Pathfinder Society Core. However, there is not currently a way for me to add an additional Living Campaign if I wanted.

The way that the Adventurer's League Organized Play is constructed is substantially different than the current Pathfinder Society, and is much closer to Pathfinder Society Core, in that each individual season of Adventurer's League has a specific set of books you can use to create your character. So, we need to be able to create content that works in one of the Organized Play options, but not another.

In addition to the Adventurer's League, there is also the Greyhawk Reborn Living Campaign, which works differently than the Adventurer's League. I would request support for that Organized Play campaign as well.

You might consider adding a new Journal option were you can record items found on adventures (this would apply to both living campaigns). This would allow us to track what gear we have found on what adventure, in addition to money, XP, and faction points.

the_redbeard
January 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
You might consider adding a new Journal option were you can record items found on adventures (this would apply to both living campaigns). This would allow us to track what gear we have found on what adventure, in addition to money, XP, and faction points.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
This please.

rkalaniz
January 15th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Like TheMaskedFerret mentioned, the ability to manage DDAL information is going to be critical for me. The season in which you create your character determines their Story Origin. This can determine critical choices throughout the life of the character such as spells. All of the data on the Adventure Log Sheet (Faction Renown, Downtime Days, Session Notes, DCI numbers of DMs) will be needed as well. Certificate indicators would be nice for items in which a cert is owned, as well as a trade log for certs.

Elindor
January 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I suspect that official living campaign support (of any kind) won't be able to be provided until a licence can be obtained from Wizards of the Coast - a lot of material which is not part of the SRD would need to be referenced for that.

Frodie
January 26th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I really hope yall get an Official License. I would love to be able to buy the new Ravenloft material.

Hollis
January 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Journals already include an option to add notes to them. You could record equipment found there. Just click on the button that looks like a pencil.

MNBlockHead
January 26th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Journals already include an option to add notes to them. You could record equipment found there. Just click on the button that looks like a pencil.

I'm confused. Have journals been released? The only icon I see that looks like a pencil is the "edit" button on every article and topic.

Feel strange asking about this, having been using RW for so long. Searching the manual PDF, I see mention of the journals and even one screen shot that shows that it should be found on the home ribbon in the "Other Content Views" section, but I don't have that button and it doesn't look like a pencil in the screenshot.

Does the journal only appear in the player's edition?

Dervish
January 26th, 2016, 10:30 PM
I'm confused. Have journals been released? The only icon I see that looks like a pencil is the "edit" button on every article and topic.

Feel strange asking about this, having been using RW for so long. Searching the manual PDF, I see mention of the journals and even one screen shot that shows that it should be found on the home ribbon in the "Other Content Views" section, but I don't have that button and it doesn't look like a pencil in the screenshot.

Does the journal only appear in the player's edition?

Herolab MNBlockhead not Realmworks. herolab has a Journal function

liz
January 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM

@Dervish is correct, Hollis was referring to Hero Lab.

wurzel
January 28th, 2016, 03:45 AM
I really hope yall get an Official License. I would love to be able to buy the new Ravenloft material.

+1. Ravenloft is an exception to my general rule of using only self-made content, and I'd really love to play it again with the help of RW.

MUrry
January 29th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Is there a simple way for us to add things to the system so our characters are more usable? I understand what I've purchased, was just hoping for a quick easy way of adding and editing

MNBlockHead
January 29th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Herolab MNBlockhead not Realmworks. herolab has a Journal function

Ugh. Knocks head on wall. Sorry, I've only just started following HL threads and forget I was reading a HL and not a RW thread. I tend to read these late at night.

Sorry about that. :o

Colen
January 29th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Is there a simple way for us to add things to the system so our characters are more usable? I understand what I've purchased, was just hoping for a quick easy way of adding and editing

Check out the editor under the Tools menu - if you go to the Help, you'll see a number of tutorials we've included about entering your own content.

Dervish
January 31st, 2016, 11:55 PM
is there a way to modify the experience table to increase the amount needed per level and to increase the level cap to 36

I would also like the ability to disable attunement

Aaron
February 2nd, 2016, 08:04 AM
You can manipulate the Xp needed to level by adding a mechanic to the hero, I believe. You'll have to fill in an array with the total XP for each level.

I don't think you can do anything to allow a single class to add more than 20 levels, but you could have a combination of classes with levels totalling 36.

For the attunement, check another thread asking about that and see my answer there.

Dervish
February 2nd, 2016, 11:58 AM
No i can't do anything about the single class about 20 because the array is locked for the next update would it be plausible for the user to determine the size of the array

Aaron
February 2nd, 2016, 12:11 PM
What do you mean by "the array is locked"?

Dervish
February 2nd, 2016, 12:39 PM
meaning i can edit my user file in Notepad++ extending the array out to level 36 and when i load or test the AltXPPath i get an error : Error initializing array row "21" is beyond the maximum array size for field mechXP. I would like to be able to edit mechXP

Aaron
February 2nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
Ah, I know we expanded that array for pathfinder last year to 100 rows, but we must have split off 5e before that happened. It took WotC long enough between the release of the system and the OGL just now it's hard to remember what may have changed.

I'll bump the number of rows up for you. Should be in the next release.

TheMaskedFerret
February 6th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Any thoughts on including the Greyhawk Reborn Living Campaign option (or telling me how I can do so)?

Aaron
February 7th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Any thoughts on including the Greyhawk Reborn Living Campaign option (or telling me how I can do so)?

My thoughts are "What would that entail?"

FCWesel
January 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
This may already be in the works, but...

The BACKGROUND tab needs a scrollbar. With Background, tools, skills, proficiencies, traits and motives, etc... and Factions, options (mainly Factions) can sometimes slip down past the usable area of the box.

Jujutsuka
January 8th, 2017, 02:58 PM
+1 for a shortcut to delete creature from portfolio.

Alyksandrei
January 13th, 2017, 11:15 AM
It really should be easier to change skill proficiencies, given the official stance on homebrew customization. Just because my character has the Soldier background does not mean she's good at Athletics and Intimidation - a scout would more likely choose from Stealth, Survival, Acrobatics, and Perception. Not all Sages study Arcana and History - a biologist/naturalist type, or astronomer, would likely have Nature and Survival instead. Being able to swap these out on the Background tab would be awesome. Or having the dots on the Skills tab be toggles rather than fixed would work too.

AEIOU
January 15th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Perhaps have the defaults populate as if you'd chosen them, but allow them to be unchosen and reselected with one that better fits your background?

ShadowChemosh
January 15th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Perhaps have the defaults populate as if you'd chosen them, but allow them to be unchosen and reselected with one that better fits your background?
I could make an adjustment that would allow changing which skills a background gives.

Maybe even could do another one to adjust the tools.

Alyksandrei
January 15th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I could make an adjustment that would allow changing which skills a background gives. Perfect!

Maybe even could do another one to adjust the tools.Even better! Don't forget languages, though - swapping a tool for a language or vice versa would be sweet too.

Would it also be possible to have an adjustment to swap/remove class-granted tool proficiencies? My rogue-based characters really shouldn't have proficiency with thieves' tools, since they're all wilderness-based rather than urban-based characters, with backstories that don't include opportunities to gain such a proficiency.

ShadowChemosh
January 15th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Would it also be possible to have an adjustment to swap/remove class-granted tool proficiencies? My rogue-based characters really shouldn't have proficiency with thieves' tools, since they're all wilderness-based rather than urban-based characters, with backstories that don't include opportunities to gain such a proficiency.
Probably can make one for classes also. I need to do some proof of concept testing but it should be able to be changed via a script.

ShadowChemosh
January 17th, 2017, 10:28 AM
So the latest version of 5e makes the adjustments for Backgrounds useless. Tools Proficiency are now bootstrapped Picks and NOT tags. This means no way for a proficiency to be changed via scripts at all.

Sorry all... :(

daplunk
January 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM
:( we just went though and De-bootstrapped all the tools.

Alyksandrei
January 17th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Thanks for trying, guys! I really appreciate it.

ShadowChemosh
January 17th, 2017, 11:21 AM
:( we just went though and De-bootstrapped all the tools.
Actually maybe best to wait and see if we can make use of the Addon feature instead of boostrapping the tools. This may allow the tools to be changed by the end-gamer.

I will need to do some proof of concept testing to see if it works.

AEIOU
January 17th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Do the official HeroLab 5e release notes today change things positively or negatively for this discussion?

NOTE: Prevously, proficiencies with tools granted by races, backgrounds, etc. were handled by assigning ProfTool tags to the pick, which were then forwarded to the hero. This method is no longer supported. The new way of handling tool proficiencies is to bootstrap the tool from the pick with the Proficienc.Tool tag assigned on the bootstrap. Existing proficiencies will need to be converted over to the new method. Otherwise they won't show up on the printed character sheet or the specials tab in Hero Lab.

ShadowChemosh
January 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Do the official HeroLab 5e release notes today change things positively or negatively for this discussion?
Negatively. When it was done with "tags" I can change tags with a script. Now its done by bootstrapping. Bootstrap Things are much harder to change. There is a "few" ways it can be done and I need to test those. But either way it requires some grunt work to change all the backgrounds that exist in the Pack already.

ShadowChemosh
January 17th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Quick update. I have added adjustments that will allow for changing, adding or removing the Skills that background provides. These will be in the next release of the community Pack.

Trying out a concept for allowing the Tools to be changed. Will see how it goes.

malhagor
February 13th, 2018, 06:09 AM
Very simple feature request if someone would mind :

if you are a warlock and have the eldritch blast cantrip, could it appear in the attacks with all the feat bonuses (like crossbows, swords and all, so new players do not forget about it)

malhagor
February 13th, 2018, 06:12 AM
I am new to this forum and i am unsure it goes here, but i would like to request a small something ion the 5e ocmmunity pack :

For the classes using eldritch blast, could it appear int he smae place as other weapon attack with all the feat and bonuses ? thank you.