PDA

View Full Version : Columns

meek75
April 11th, 2014, 02:26 PM
As I build my realm I am, as I expect many others are doing, cutting and pasting a lot of material from my owned .pdf files. Unfortunately, the text formatting is in columns and when I paste it into RW it stays that way. So, I have to have long entries with a bunch of blank space or take the time to delete out the unused space. That is no big deal for a few entries, but over the course of hundreds it piles up. If I could re-size the snippet boxes and place them side by side that would be great. If there is an easy way to re-format the text please share. Even if I clear all the formatting, the spaces need to be deleted out manually.

Erdrix
April 11th, 2014, 02:53 PM
To the right of the snippet there is an icon of a hammer and wrench, click that and go down to Text Content and then click on Clear Text Formating and Reformat as single Paragraph.

EightBitz
April 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM
As far as resizing snippet boxes, you can insert tables. I don't know how that will interact with cutting and pasting, though.

enrious
April 11th, 2014, 03:26 PM
As far as resizing snippet boxes, you can insert tables. I don't know how that will interact with cutting and pasting, though.

Not very well, IME. Although, you can select a given word/sentence/phrase and drag it to a cell pretty easily, which isn't that bad.

meek75
April 11th, 2014, 04:41 PM
To the right of the snippet there is an icon of a hammer and wrench, click that and go down to Text Content and then click on Clear Text Formating and Reformat as single Paragraph.

Awesome! I'm not sure how I missed that, but I surely did. Thanks!