PDA

View Full Version : View mode auto-hides empty sections/snippets

darloth
April 9th, 2014, 03:48 AM
This should probably be a toggle option somewhere if that's doable, but:

I would find it really useful if view mode would hide all the sections I haven't touched at all and haven't put anything in, and possibly hide default-snippets which are entirely empty. The "..." doesn't really help much, I can just go into edit mode if I want to put something there.

This would let me use View mode to see the information I actually HAVE put in more easily.

Farling
April 9th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Presumably you want this as a temporary measure until you've entered more data?

(Since you can already permanently remove them.)

ryntak4536
April 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
darloth: Farling is correct. If you click on the wrench/hammer icon for the topic in question, and go to....Hmmm, I think it's quick edit, then there is an option to remove all empty sippets and sections. This does what you're looking for. There's also, in the same spot, an option to resynchronize with snippets/sections typical for the topic in quesiton, which will add all the 'removed' snippets, but leave alone those that you've already entered information to.

darloth
April 12th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Ah, thankyou ryntak - I knew I could remove them all but didn't know I could get them all BACK without losing the things I'd added.

I might do that for the time being then (though I still think this would be a nice option, it's probably very low priority with the mentioned functions existing.)

weogarth
April 27th, 2014, 04:18 AM
I think darloth's suggestion for a temporary hide, especially at a high (program/category) level would make it easier for me when running a game session.

When I'm actually doing design work out of session, I'd then make them visible again.

(+1 :D )