PDA

View Full Version : Demo Version

Mergon
March 31st, 2014, 05:30 PM
A demo version is an absolute necessity if you want to push your sales of Realm Works. I would never have bought Hero Lab if I hadn't been able to try it first. I'd tried many character builder apps before Hero Lab and every one of them had let me down. I was ecstatic once I had had a chance to play around with Hero Lab.

Now I've tried several Virtual Table Top apps and all of them left me wanting. Until I can actually play hands-on with realm Works I know I won't be buying it. How hard it be to put the same disabled Demo features from Hero Lab into a Realm Works Demo? Simply disable save, print, database backup, and Cloud features. That way we can play around with the actual building features. It would also allow us to get a feel for the user interface of the application.

Understand, I love Hero Lab and LWD for producing it, but not having a Demo version is just plain ridiculous from a sales point of view. :mad:

liz
March 31st, 2014, 06:26 PM
How hard it be to put the same disabled Demo features from Hero Lab into a Realm Works Demo?

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Realm Works utilizes many different technologies, which made creating a demo much more complicated than with Hero Lab and Army Builder.

We've shared a handful of videos on our website (www.wolflair.com), which should give users a good idea as to whether Realm Works is a worthwhile investment. The Virtual Tour video of Realm Works that is available on the main page of the Realm Works website. It's only 3 minutes long. You can also look at any of our tutorial videos that are available on the website (accessible via the Support menu at the top).

That said, a demo version of Realm Works is something we'd like to do, but we'd still need to tackle the technical hurdles that kept us from having one available at launch.