PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up calendar

Dr_Automaton
February 2nd, 2014, 06:03 AM
Something that I've noticed I could use at the table is an in-world calendar that I can quickly reference, sort of like the monthly calendar that I can view when clicking on the time in the Windows taskbar. Something I can glance at to see what day of the week that the 5th falls on, etc. It would be nice if the feature could be implemented in a separate window so as not to take up any of the screen real estate of the main RW window, and so I could pull it up with a quick alt-tab. The ability to have multiple calendar windows open at once might be handy for some GMs, depending on how they use calendars in their games.

Just something to think about when the team is able to start working on the calendar features again.

Maidhc O Casain
February 3rd, 2014, 02:07 AM
That's a great idea! +1

Grey Mage
February 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
+1 to this

ruhar
February 4th, 2014, 05:54 PM
+1 from me.

pyremius
February 5th, 2014, 02:06 AM
I'd love to see this expanded so that any tab can split off into a separate window. Depending on the game, session, etc., the ability to keep a wandering monster table or rule summary open could be very helpful, especially in a multi-monitor setup.

Being able to anchor such windows to each other (especially between Hero Lab and Realm Works :) ) would be a nice very-long-term goal as well.

Aleslosh
February 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
This sounds like a really good idea. (Thinking about that last noon day Marketplace encounter overrun with Goblins knowing that a trade caravan will be in in the next few days...)

Gord
February 17th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Having tabs break off into a separate window would be a great timesaver. As you say, with two monitors, there's a ton of screen space to be used that is not currently accessible.

Nostromos
February 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I agree a popup calendar would be nice..would also be nice if you could customize it too (as some settings have their own months/etc that they use).