PDA

View Full Version : State of Realm Works

Grey Mage
January 6th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I realize that everyone at LWD is probably BEYOND busy at this point, but I decided to put this request out there anyway...

Would it be possible to get someone at LWD to take a couple of minutes and do a State of Realm Works post?

Things have changed so much from the initial Kickstarter in regards to deadlines, go live dates, features that many people probably are no longer clear as to WHEN and WHAT to expect with regard to the software.

I know that Rob (and everyone else) have been putting the information out there as they can... But that information is now scattered through several thousand posts here as well as Updates on the KS site.

Would it be possible to have someone put out the latest current information on when to expect the prerelease as well as what features will and will not be working in it?

Not trying to add even more on your plates (though I know I probably am) but have had several people ask me after they grew frustrated trying to find it here...

brenthberry
January 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hey there. Just to help out, they made a couple of very detailed posts a couple of weeks ago regarding the state of the game that can be found at the bottom of the Realm Works web page here:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks

The latest post regarding where they are currently at is here:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2013/12/24/pre-release-update/

He goes over current release plans and what they're working on.

I hope this helps! :)

Grey Mage
January 6th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Brent,

Read all of that... it is more of the 'still working on the sync issues' that we have been hearing for the last few months... Valid, but not really a 'Here is where we are and what we will be releasing...'

It does nothing to address the actual features that will be there or not (player view, calendar, etc.) and several posts by Rob have said some things are not going to make it in the Pre-Release, others not even in v1.0.

By this point in the development curve, it should mostly be fixing stuff and deciding what is going gold and what is still going to take a bit. Having that laid out feature by feature is more what I am asking for; not another 'We are working hard, those we have been getting since September. I (and many others, I am certain) KNOW that the good folk at LWD are putting in long hours trying to get this puppy out the door. I would just like know what his spots are going look like when he gets there.