PDA

View Full Version : Remember My Password/Auto-Login

freeAgent
August 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Would it be possible to have Realm Works remember my password and automatically log into my account when starting up until I tell it otherwise?

I ask because I use a password manager (LastPass), and never use passwords that I can remember. Unfortunately, this means that for a program like Ream Works, I have to go into it and copy/paste my password every time I use the program (actually, I'm not able to paste into the password field, so I have to type it in RW). I'd love to have the option to tell Realm Works to just assume it's me every time I open the program.

Zaphod Beebledoc
August 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Plus 1!

Chemlak
August 24th, 2013, 01:08 PM
+1!!!

wildfire142
August 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
If possible this would be nice.

davidp
August 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Would it be possible to have Realm Works remember my password and automatically log into my account when starting up until I tell it otherwise?

I ask because I use a password manager (LastPass), and never use passwords that I can remember. Unfortunately, this means that for a program like Ream Works, I have to go into it and copy/paste my password every time I use the program (actually, I'm not able to paste into the password field, so I have to type it in RW). I'd love to have the option to tell Realm Works to just assume it's me every time I open the program.

We have plans for something like this. However, right now, you don't have to enter a password if you are working offline. Just leave the password field blank and click the offline button and away you go.

pickin_grinnin
April 29th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I would love to see that implemented, too.

Dr_Automaton
April 30th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Given how frequently many of us would likely use this feature, it would be nice if it could be implemented sooner rather than later.

mirtos
April 30th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Well, personally, there are tons of other features that many of us would rather have. Every bit of implementation takes time.

Player Individual Reveal, for example, in my mind, takes massive precedence over this.

Vargr
April 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
+1 for auto-login (and a way to turn it on/off).

Not a priority for me, but if you someday are messing around with that part of the program, it could be nice to have.

Dr_Automaton
May 1st, 2014, 05:26 AM
Well, personally, there are tons of other features that many of us would rather have. Every bit of implementation takes time.

Player Individual Reveal, for example, in my mind, takes massive precedence over this.

Technically yes, but this is theoretically a very straightforward feature to implement, and shouldn't take nearly the amount of development that something like the player reveal would. It could be as easy as adding a flag and text tag to the local preferences file for the password, then auto-populating the password field at startup after the user clicks a new Remember Password checkbox on the login screen.

mirtos
May 1st, 2014, 08:12 AM
Perhaps, but in my personal experience, nothing is ever simple in development. You need to test, you need to take at least one developer off of another task. Even if its smile it slows down work on other features. I agree with you that it's easier then player reveal, but it still takes time, which is why priorities have to be assigned.

JackOfAllGames
October 17th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Please, please, PLEASE add this! Hopping between a couple computers lately AND having the program crash semi-frequently, having to constantly enter any password worth having is a hassle. Please allow me to worry about my local security and give the option of password rememberance.

No other piece of software I use does this and it's slowly maddening. @_@

EDIT: ...and DANGIT! Sorry. Didn't occur to me to check the date. Sorry for the necro.