PDA

View Full Version : GenCon Seminar Scheduling Mixup

rob
July 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
GenCon did not assign us the timeslots we originally requested for our seminars, and we just discovered it over the weekend. The only way GenCon would allow us to correct things was by cancelling the seminars and then re-listing them at the correct timeslots.

For those of you who received notification that the Realm Works seminar has been cancelled, it's merely been rescheduled to two hours later on the same day. Please go back to the GenCon site and sign-up again for the correctly scheduled seminar.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was the only way GenCon could fix it. :(

rob
July 2nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quick Update: Apparently, GenCon has officially cancelled the two seminars, but they have not yet re-listed them for some unknown reason. We'll keep everyone apprised as we hear back from GenCon about this.

rob
July 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
At long last, GenCon has finally re-listed the seminars correctly. It took them minutes to delete them and almost a week to put them back up, when all we needed was for them to swap the time slots. <sigh>

Thanks for everyone's patience!

davecampbell
July 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hmm; all I can find is SEM1346778 Realm Works™ - An In-Depth Look; and it's still at 4pm Saturday, not 10am Friday... I though it was just going to be re-listed?

rob
July 11th, 2013, 12:23 AM
The two Friday seminars had to be swapped - the Saturday seminar was untouched. The re-listed seminars are both now appearing fine in the events listing on the GenCon website. The two Friday seminars now have the ids: SEM1352121 and SEM1352120. The Realm Works seminar is now scheduled for 12noon, two hours later than its original 10am slot, which was the source of the problem in the first place. :)

weogarth
July 11th, 2013, 03:45 AM
The two Friday seminars had to be swapped - the Saturday seminar was untouched. The re-listed seminars are both now appearing fine in the events listing on the GenCon website. The two Friday seminars now have the ids: SEM1352121 and SEM1352120. The Realm Works seminar is now scheduled for 12noon, two hours later than its original 10am slot, which was the source of the problem in the first place. :)Just curious....when you posted @ 0423, were you up late or up early?

rob
July 11th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I'm still up working. It's 5am local time. I'll be calling it a "day" shortly...

It's OK. I'm half-vampire. :)

Zaphod Beebledoc
July 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM
It's OK. I'm half-vampire. :)

Which half? Left or right? :D