PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Update 30

Grey Mage
April 24th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I have to admit I was more than a bit disappointed after reading Update 30. I had hoped/expected to be using Realms Works sometime in the next couple of weeks. Obviously that is not going to happen according to Rob.

With the probable date for 'early release' access now slipping to June what consideration is being made (if any) to allow those that funded at the Kickstarter for early access to transfer over to the 'beta test' group?

mirtos
April 24th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Disclaimer - not a staffer in anyway, but from what I've read, you're still getting early access. From what i understand, everything is being pushed back. From the full post, the whole cycle has been pushed back. Its still on target to get you two months earlier, its just the target has been moved from july (the original) to august. So that means youre early release is moved from may to june. And also from what ive read its not that much delayed, just a couple of weeks.

My two cents.

Grey Mage
April 24th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mirtos,

I totally agree that I will still be getting early access, just not as early as I (and most probably, others) might have liked. Consider my post at worst a whine (I have been waiting a very long time for just such a solution) and a best, a hopefully wish.

I am only upset as I have so very much to move over to RW and would like to get as early a start as I can.

:)

Nightfox
April 24th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I have to agree with the Grey Mage. I did not contribute to get the early access. I contributed for the cloud support, the early access was just a perk when I pressed the support button. I am very much looking forward to it, but I also want it to be as solid as possible for initial release. It's just that we're starting a new campaign and I've been dragging my heels a bit to get things going because I was hoping to start using RW. Now I'm going to have to rely on my trusty old notebook for a few more weeks.

Oh great lupine lords, have pity on this disorganized wretch and bless us with your marvel of campaign configuration in the months to come, that we may impress our sacri... eh, players. :o

rob
April 27th, 2013, 01:11 AM
With the probable date for 'early release' access now slipping to June what consideration is being made (if any) to allow those that funded at the Kickstarter for early access to transfer over to the 'beta test' group?

If the delay was going to end up being many months, we'd figure something out to better accommodate everyone that's being impacted. For only a few weeks, it simply doesn't make sense to jump through those hoops, since we'd have to spend many days figuring out and implementing a solution, and that will just make us later. Which means everyone loses.

Please be patient. We're working as hard and fast as we can on this end. :)

Grey Mage
April 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Rob,

Never wanted anyone to jump through hoops, much rather have you focused on coding... just wanted to see if there was a way to get access as early as possible... I KNOW... SHOULD have funded at the higher level (self kicking noises very appropriate here).

AEIOU
April 28th, 2013, 08:42 PM
It's good to know that if deadlines keep slipping, you'll find a way to accommodate us. I think for many of us, we think we'll have considerable data entry before cloud access is necessary. But a fully working pre-release is definitely the best and a month or so isn't the end of the world. Stay focused. Keep us informed.