PDA

View Full Version : Walk through for Howlers

thedarkelf007
March 15th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Well some news from my part, I've gotten the go ahead to give you all a chance to see it in action with two run throughs, showcasing my realms and maybe a few from other beta testers.

One Friday 3:30 pm PST and one Saturday 3:30 PST. I will run them as long as there is interest.

To get into it you need to ask Rob very very nicely, it will require a PM with your Real name and your email address that is linked to your NDA, and this needs to go to Rob, and he needs to get them ASAP. mainly because its 12 am my time and I'm going to be heading to bed soon so I can get up an run the first one in about 9 hrs. For me its 9:30 am on Sat and Sun for the run throughs, I'm a morning person.

(also in the Howler's Thread)

thedarkelf007
March 15th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Update, please PM davidp not Rob.

Ladyofdragons
March 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Neat! my name's in. anything I should know? what will I need installed for viewing?

SolitonMan
March 15th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I've sent a PM to davidp to ask him to forward my info to Rob, I'd like to see what's been done. Thanks for setting this up! :)

mirtos
March 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Agreed. Thanks!

davidp
March 15th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Make sure in your PM you indicate which of the two sessions you wish to be part of, please.

rob
March 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Once vetted, you'll receive an invitation email to the walk-through. We use WebEx. In the email, there will be a link to download and install what you'll need. It typically takes a few minutes to download, install, and configure. We've had a few people run into issues with audio that take a few extra minutes to sort out, but nothing more problematic than that.

mirtos
March 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Once vetted, you'll receive an invitation email to the walk-through. We use WebEx. In the email, there will be a link to download and install what you'll need. It typically takes a few minutes to download, install, and configure. We've had a few people run into issues with audio that take a few extra minutes to sort out, but nothing more problematic than that.

is this a silent demo, or will questions be allowed? (i use webex too, but just want to know if i need to set up my mic)

Also rob, i included two emails, because i gave a different email for my howler account than the kickstarter. so i didn't know which one was tied to the NDA.

will these sessions be online later? (i know with webex you can record sessions).

Thanks a bunch for putting this together.

rob
March 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Questions will be up to Martin. My assumption is yes. He might handle questions via Chat or Voice. That's his call, since he's running it.

We can record the sessions, assuming I remember to do so. I'm really frazzled right now.

Martin deserves all the thanks for this! It was his idea and it's his time being contributed. :)

thedarkelf007
March 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Questions are okay, and I will go as long as I can. Setting things up now

mbaum
March 15th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Saw this too late for Friday but I will try for Saturday. Great idea and thanks.

mirtos
March 15th, 2013, 04:44 PM
when will we be getting emails? (assuming we're vetted to be ok) the day of?

rob
March 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Most likely, emails will go out roughly an hour before the WebEx. That gives us the chance to get last-minute additions in without having to jump through lots of hoops to keep modifying the list. Right now, I need to spend every minute I can focused on the next Beta release. :)

thedarkelf007
March 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM
First walk though completed, went for 2.5 hrs, and covered all my approaches including demonstrations of how it works, discussion on why I did it that way, and how I could improve it.

Hints for next walk through, write down suggestions or issues for when you get access to the beta forums and can jump right in with feedback.

I also did a quick run though of how I run my digital gaming table, which included One Note, and discussions on d20 Pro and how I integrate that back into my Realm Works content.

I also demonstrated how you can give feedback on crashes that can occur, so the developers can use it to find the source of the issue and fix it in the next few releases.

Thrantor
March 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
And thank you Martin for the excellent Demo. I've got my suggestions all ready. I was Matthew on the call.

If we can get access to the recording I wouldn't mind watching over it again to make sure that when I realized "Crap, I should write this down". I didn't miss anything.

numbat1
March 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I really hope that recording becomes available. I missed today's and unfortunately have another commitment for tomorrow. Looking forward to watching and listening and taking notes once I can.

Thank you for arranging this.

Hello to Canberra, one of the places in Australia I once called home.

gloranphile
March 16th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Would love to be a part of the walk through,but personal issues make it impossible. Any chance of getting a copy of it post-live video?

thedarkelf007
March 16th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I'm not above doing more, this is the third so far, with the fourth tomorrow.

Thrantor
March 16th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I'm not above doing more, this is the third so far, with the fourth tomorrow.
Although, the recording of the one last night(for me) will include probably 15-20 minutes of rambling at the end. Course, that is what happens when you get gaming geeks talking to each other about gaming.

BoomerET
March 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm not able to make it. Last minute issue requiring my attention.
(Re: 3/15/13 WebEx at 3:30)

Any chance of a session tomorrow? (Sunday, 3/16/13)

BoomerET

thedarkelf007
March 16th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I'm not able to make it. Last minute issue requiring my attention.
(Re: 3/15/13 WebEx at 3:30)

Any chance of a session tomorrow? (Sunday, 3/16/13)

BoomerET

Unfortunately I can't do Sunday as I'm due at work at that time (I start Monday 8 am, or 2pm Sat PST your time) I was going to go in late, but have other commitments.

I might be able to do the following weekend.

mirtos
March 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM
unfortunately i had to drop off too ... house problems.... but if any videos are being made of this, i would absolutely love to look at them.

mbaum
March 16th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the Demo Martin. Can’t wait to play with it.

numbat1
March 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Tried to join in but between technical difficulties and physical environment (I was at a dance convention) it just did not work.

Thanks for setting it up and sharing. I hope to catch a future edition and learn from the videos in the mean time.

SolitonMan
March 21st, 2013, 05:35 AM
I was able to attend the first session last Friday and it was very educational. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Realm Works and putting it through its paces. Thanks Martin for taking the time to share this with us! :)