PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Carnus
February 7th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hi, I purchased Hero Lab and most of the Shadowrun packages but I have had a lot of problems with it and would love if I could get some help.

I have an issue when I am trying to build one of my long time characters into hero lab. I go through the early character creation part fine. It's when I lock the character and start adding advancements that it crashes regularly to the point where I can guarantee a crash just by adding 2 or 3 items to the character.

When it crashes the HL application just crashes to desktop with no error listed.

I eliminated the possibility of a corrupt portfolio by doing a new one from scratch and I get the same crashes.

At a guess I think the issue is due to the layers of depth the character has in gear and augments.

IE. Cyber arm, in the cyber arm he has a commlink, the commlink is upgraded & modified, he then has programs in the commlink which then are also modified as well.

It seems when I start adding programs and putting mods on them that the crashes happen.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone help please?
I can provide any information needed and even the character portfolio if that will help.

I have tried to make this character around six times now and always with the crashes and as you can understand it has become very frustrating. So if any help can be give I would really appreciate it.

I am running the Mac version of Herolab.

Thanks in advance

Colen
February 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Hi there,

Have you tried this with Hero Lab 4.1a, the latest release for the Mac? I fixed some Mac crash issues in that release which sound similar to what you're experiencing, so it's very possible that 4.1a fixes your crash problem.

If not, please email support@wolflair.com with the report Hero Lab generates when it crashes - without that report, it's almost impossible for us to figure out and fix the actual problem. :(

Carnus
February 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks, I am pretty sure I have the latest version of Hero Lab but I will double check tonight.

My friend said he gets the same crashes on the pc version but I cannot confirm that.

I will test it again tonight and send an email with the details to the address provided.

Thank you very much.