PDA

View Full Version : Mac connection issues

Foundry
January 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Is anybody else having an issue connecting (for the HL updates) on a Mac today? I was allowed to connect last night and earlier this morning for this, but now it won't let me connect at all. Note that I have not changed any settings on this computer.

I get this error message:

For debugging: Error retrieving data! Please verify that you can load web sites in your web browser, and that your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking the product (ERR_CORE_INTERNET_URL_RETRIEVE when calling Internet_HTTP_Post 0x40010275)

I have other Hero Lab licenses that I run on PCs. I am having no issues with these PCs connecting and updating to the servers. But as the Mac is my main computer, I want to run HL on THIS one.

I have gone through all of the steps that was listed for Internet Access Errors, including waiting, checking my anti-virus and firewall, scanning for viruses or any other threats, and checking my settings for my internet connection settings. My internet works for every other website and search. I have also restarted my computer several time during doing all of these steps. All of my software is up to date. I re-activated my license through HL and it did that just fine with no issues. It is the updating the HL files that seems to be the issue.

I am running: Power Mac 2 x 2.4 GHZ Quad-Core Xeon, 14 GB RAM running OS X 10.8.2. I am running Hero Lab v4.1.

What can I do to correct this issue?
Thanx in advance...

rob
January 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
The problem appears to be on our end. We noticed an issue with our server a short while ago and are actively working to figure it out and get it resolved. It appears to only be affecting Mac users at this point, which appears consistent with your experience, but that's not for certain. We'll let everyone know as soon as things are working smoothly again. There's a thread I created in all the main product forums where status updates will be posted.

Sorry for the hiccup!