PDA

View Full Version : PayPal?

Yobtar
November 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Does Lone Wolf accept PayPal for payments regarding license renewals or purchases?

If not, why?

If so, how do I renew a license with PayPal?

Not really fond of putting CC numbers out on the web more than I have to.

John
November 23rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi.

At the present time, we do not accept payments through PayPal. Primarily, we have been told that PayPal is difficult to deal with when resolving problematic transactions. In our opinion, security in financial transactions includes knowing that problems can be resolved smoothly through a responsible intermediary. Consequently, PayPal has not yet earned our business.

Note that we do use security around your transactions with us, and we do not store your credit card number on our server at this time.

Yobtar
November 23rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Good to know but by your post do you plan on storing CC info at a future date?

If so, do you plan on notifying us of the info being stored?

rob
November 23rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
We anticipate needing to store credit card information for recurring charges when we launch the upcoming Realm Works product. At that point in time, users will be made fully aware and will need to opt in to leverage that capability. We'll also be giving the entire process a major overhaul and enhancement to make doubly sure that we don't have any holes in the system that could be exploited. Since the info isn't currently present on the server, we don't have to even worry about that right now, although we already have some significant security measures in place to safeguard against license numbers being compromised. And I believe those measures already exceed the industry standard safeguards for securing credit card information. :)