PDA

View Full Version : HeroLab vs That Other Program

The Wayfarer
October 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM
So I'm using Herolab, my GM uses Chummer. He hates HeroLab and has rebuilt my character in Chummer and is now saying my character (hopefully attached) is very over budget on the build. It looks like I'm at a 400 build point total (which is our max) but I'm so new to Shadowrun I don't know what I'm doing. I could very well have done something wrong.

Can someone take a look at my dwarf rigger?

Mike

cryptoknight
October 31st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Do you have the Chummer data file? I've got both on my pc it would be easier to compare side by side, but at a glance the HL numbers look right.

Darkwraith
October 31st, 2012, 02:01 PM
I loaded it up in Hero Lab. The only thing that pops out is lack of operating systems on the 2 commlinks, but you added maneuver programs to both of them? Interesting idea, but I don't think you want a commlink that can move on it's own, especially the one in your head! :eek:

The Wayfarer
October 31st, 2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. Attached is a zip file with the Ramm Chummer attachment. Hope this helps. I'm a novice to Shadowrun and both programs so any help would be appreciated.

So I have to have an operating system on both CommLinks then. Will fix that. I added the Targeting and Manuever programs because the character was loosely based on the SR4 pregen dwarf rigger and they appear on the commlink there. So these programs only need to go on the drone?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

cryptoknight
October 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I see at least part of it.

You don't actually have the skill "Maneuver: Aircraft" It's coming from your software. It's also why you can't change the value of the skill.

On the Chummer version he gave you Pilot: Aircraft, a skill your Herolab character doesn't have.