PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work up a 3rd edition custom ruleset?

mbcb
August 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Just wondering. Use Hero Lab for Pathfinder and absolutely love it. Be really nice to use it for our old 3rd edition Shadowrun game as well. :) I doubt Lone Wolf will publish it, so has anyone worked out a custom set for it?

_Pax_
August 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Or .... you could always upgrade your game to SR4A. :)

Canis
August 2nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
It has been discussed a few times, but unfortunately it would require essentially starting from scratch. So I suspect it'll be a while before anyone has a decent swing at it, if ever.

Pax does have a valid point though, but alas you're probably like me and see through SR4A - I've dicsovered that new players are needed.

You may be able to persuade your players to go back to 2050 and start all over agian in the first edition timeline.... SR 2050 is due out very soon. When that'll be supported by HL is also up for debate as it's a complete new set of gear/vehicles/implants and the like.

mbcb
August 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Or .... you could always upgrade your game to SR4A. :)

Ah, we talked about it, but honestly, the GM has all the 3rd edition books, so unless we want to spend a hundred or two dollars on books, it's just easier to stick with 3rd.

While I love Hero Lab, it's not worth upgrading all our books just so we can use that for characters.

Mad Hamish
August 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ah, we talked about it, but honestly, the GM has all the 3rd edition books, so unless we want to spend a hundred or two dollars on books, it's just easier to stick with 3rd.

While I love Hero Lab, it's not worth upgrading all our books just so we can use that for characters.

There's no reason you'd need to change the world books.
You can get the pdfs for 20th Anniversary, arsenal, augmentation, unwired & street magic for under $50 from drivethru as I recall the prices.

(I think about $15 for the core book and a bundle of $33 for the other 4)

Which isn't to say that you should change editions just that it's not as expensive to do so as you think it is.

_Pax_
August 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I can grok that. :)

True enough. Though, keep in mind, PDF copies of the books are cheaper than "dead tree edition" copies. Still over $200 to buy "everything", though. (I speak frome xperience - I did just that, last December!) And then, another $105 to buy everything as HL datafiles, too.