PDA

View Full Version : Need a little bit of help

Drake1977
July 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Not sure if this is the right place.

I'm having a little bit of trouble. I'm trying to get an adventure module ready for export in Hero Lab, all it is, is the Creatures and NPC portfolios. Well I have everything ready for the export, but everytime that I go through the process the file ends up around 50megs.

I'd like to change the portfolio to a .user file, but don't know how. Plus I'm not adding very many of the game folders either, any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

BoomerET
September 25th, 2012, 10:59 PM
It is my understanding that characters are stored in portfolios or .por files.

.user files are created using the HL editor within the specific game system you're using.

Multiple characters, monsters, NPC's can be stored in a single .por file.

When you use the export function, it's copying pretty much everything used in creating a game system (ie, pathfinder, 4e, CoC, etc).

And you're probably right, this isn't the right forum, you probable want User projects.

BoomerET

thedarkelf007
September 27th, 2012, 04:18 AM
save the portfolio as the usual .por file and rename it to a .stock file and put it into the data directory for the rules system

Next time you load hero lab they will be available like and of the other stock creatures.

BoomerET
September 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
That's great to know TDE007, thanks!

BoomerET

thedarkelf007
September 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
All good, so when you want to change, update or fix, just change back to a por file :)

Mathias
September 27th, 2012, 10:39 PM
No need to switch it back to a .por file. You can open .stock files just like you can open .por files, edit them, and save them.