PDA

View Full Version : Cyber limb averaging attrinbutes

ahglock
April 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
What the math was for averaging attributes on cyberlimbs. For example I have a character with a 3 body and a cyber arm body 6 enhanced by 3 to a total of 9. It is coming up as 3/6. I think they count 5 limbs to 9+3+3+3+3=21/5-4. Are you adding it as 6+3+3+3+3=18/5 = 3.6 or 3+3 from enhancement = 6.

Mathias
April 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Take another look at the cyberlimb examples on pg 343 of the Core Rulebook - "the rest of the body" is always one entry in the average. You don't add the character's normal stats for each un-cybered limb.

Their Critical George example has Body 3 + Body 6 cybertorso + Body 3 cyberarm + Body 5 cyberleg

The calculations in their example are (3 + 6 + 3 + 5) / 4 = 4.25, rather than (3 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 5) / 6 = 3.8

ahglock
April 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Holy crap. I wonder if it has always been that way and I read it wrong or is this a 4A change. That makes cyberlimbs or at least 1 of them awesome for improving body on low body people.

CeaDawg
April 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Always been there, v1.0 on

ctrvl
May 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Along these same lines, how is HL calculating the "Single Limb Actions (Maximum {stat})" field?

I have a character right now with:
- Natural Body, Agi, Str = 5.
- Obvious Cyberlimbs (2x Arms, 2x Legs, Torso, Skull) with Body, Agi, Str = 3

The "Single Limb Actions (Maximum Agility)" is 7 for Body, 5 for Agility, 5 for Strength on every limb. Is this calculating Body maximum differently for some reason?

I understand how averaging works for full-body, and I understand that the Single Limb Actions are supposed to be using the highest stat for that limb, but how is it calculating a Body of 7 as the single-limb maximum for every limb when I don't have any limbs with a Body of 7?

This character is pretty much raw (just Attributes and Cyberware), so I'm pretty sure nothing else is getting in the way.

ctrvl
May 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'll add that I'm using a custom cyberware suite that adds all of the limbs mentioned above via bootstraps _and_ uses an Eval Script to replace natural stats with 5s. Details:

Phase: Traits
Priority: 5000
Index: 1
~Replace natural stats with 5s
perform hero.child[attrStr].field[trtOver].modify[=,5,""]
perform hero.child[attrAgi].field[trtOver].modify[=,5,""]
perform hero.child[attrBod].field[trtOver].modify[=,5,""]

This probably has something to do with it, but I'm wondering why Body is being calculated differently than Agi and Str, when the .modify method is setting them all to the same value?