PDA

View Full Version : Making Custom Weapons

Canis
April 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
After reading about making UB weapons, I'm dabbling with this further.

However, when I try to copy the UB shotgun from the Optimum II HL says it's part of a pack and won't let me copy it. Is there a way I can remove this flag from the copy?

Also, how do you make the option drop down like used for MG ammo feed (clip/belt)? I'd like to do something similar for UB Weapons on a custom assault rifle I'm bringing forward from my old SR3 campaign and was wondering how you did that.

Mathias
April 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm afraid that content that comes as part of a purchased add-on package is prevented from being easily copied so that someone can't easily duplicate lots of items from a package and email those copies to a friend who hasn't purchased the package.

What I'd recommend is opening two separate copies of Hero Lab, and open the editor in each. In one of those editors, open the thing you want to copy, and in the other, open your new item. Then, you can quickly switch back and forth between those two windows, duplicating all the settings.

You'll find that drop down on the Equip: Mods tab. It's called "Belt Feed 100 (mdBelt100)". If you need help interpreting the Eval Script it uses, please ask.

Canis
April 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
You'll find that drop down on the Equip: Mods tab. It's called "Belt Feed 100 (mdBelt100)". If you need help interpreting the Eval Script it uses, please ask.

Okay I think I understand. But how do I change mods from Grenade Launcher to Shotgun when called by the dropdown??

I can understand that, guess I'll just have to fudge something :o)

Mathias
April 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Does this weapon have multiple options for its underbarrel weapon? Either a shotgun or a grenade launcher?

If that's the case, what you'll want to do is have two separate underbarel weapons, each linked to its own Mod on the main weapon. You'll see that each underbarrel weapon's link to the main weapon is set up with a checkbox, and that un-checking that box hides the underbarrel weapon. The user will use those checkboxes to decide which of the two underbarrel weapons they currently have installed. (Although I think they'll usually want to show the stats for both - that way, you get both sets of underbarrel weapon stats when you print the character).

Mathias
April 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Since this thread isn't discussing beta content, may I move it to the regular Shadowrun forum? That way, if another user encounters the same issues, this thread will be something they can find using the forum's search tools.

Canis
April 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah sure, makes sense. And what you suggested works a treat!