PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms

mbran01
April 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Is anybody working on converting FR to Pathfinder. If anybody is or is interested, I have input all the human ethnicities and races from the FRCS book and the races of Faerun (I made them ethnicities that bootstrap all the racial abilities, hgt and wgt work as well). I have most of the regions (I used the factions tab for this, regions add automatic languages and bonus languages) as well as about 18 feats from the player's guide (most of them work too!). I am still working in the feats (there are alot and I am not a programmer so it is taking a while).

Michael

poizen37
April 18th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I've got a lot on my hero lab schedule right now, but this is something I was always considering. I'll keep it in mind for when my time frees up. By all means keep us apprised!

mbran01
April 18th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Will do, I am a stay-at-home dad (for the time being, anyway). So while the little one naps I have time (well a little time) to work on these things. Problem is I have to beg, borrow, and steal code from other things in hero lab and these forums. I can usually figure out how to do something by examining other code, but it is slow going. Anyway I will certainly keep you advised on where I am at. Currently I am working on the feats from the Player's Guide to Faerun.

Aaron
April 18th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I know what you're talking about mbran01, I was in the same situation a couple years ago, but keep at it. You'll eventually get the hang of things like I did, and if you run into something above your skill level you can always post on these forums.

mbran01
April 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
You know, besides HL being a great product, you guys provide awesome support. One of the reasons that I bought HL to begin with. You guys rock!!!

RavenX
May 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
In response to this, My group made a decision to play in the realms this year, so I will be doing some coding of things for this. It will take a while for me to get any significant progress though.

mbran01
May 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I have quite a bit done, kinda stalled when I got to the deities and domains. There are quite a few domains that don't exist in Pathfinder, so I am trying to decide whether to convert or simply do with out the non-existant domains. I have most of the races (most of the elven and dwarven subraces, gnome and halflings, and all of the human ethnicities), regions and feats, and languages.

Lord Magus
May 11th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Please consider submitting what you have done so far to the Community Files project!

RavenX
May 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I have quite a bit done, kinda stalled when I got to the deities and domains. There are quite a few domains that don't exist in Pathfinder, so I am trying to decide whether to convert or simply do with out the non-existant domains. I have most of the races (most of the elven and dwarven subraces, gnome and halflings, and all of the human ethnicities), regions and feats, and languages.

Personally I just convert them over. It is not that hard. And the FRCS had a lot of new domains in it that were specific to Faerun. I would personally add them. It is not hard to just add all the domains.

My data has some conversion work for 4th edition to pathfinder. I converted spell scars fully over to pathfinder. I will be making adjustments to the races as well. I plan on making the magical tattoos of the Wild Elves into a racial ability that can be changed out with alternate racial traits if the player so wishes.

mbran01
May 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Please consider submitting what you have done so far to the Community Files project!

I have been in contact with ShadowChemosh, not sure where it's at as far as being added.

mbran01
May 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Personally I just convert them over. It is not that hard. And the FRCS had a lot of new domains in it that were specific to Faerun. I would personally add them. It is not hard to just add all the domains.

My data has some conversion work for 4th edition to pathfinder. I converted spell scars fully over to pathfinder. I will be making adjustments to the races as well. I plan on making the magical tattoos of the Wild Elves into a racial ability that can be changed out with alternate racial traits if the player so wishes.

I just don't know if I want to deal with the conversion or not. I found a few of them already converted on various forums, some of them seemed pretty balanced others didn't. Still, I am on the fence. I might do the conversion just because some of them are pretty significant to FRCS, but I am not sure if I want to put the work in on the conversion or not.

RavenX
May 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM
It is a tight line to walk, I am going to eventually add all the new domains and spells from Forgotten Realms into the data I am working on. Mostly because the Pantheon would be weakened without those elements. Forgotten Realms is a huge setting with a great deal of gods and goddesses. I would not feel satisfied with a simple conversion or skipping of material (Hence my personal distaste for 4th edition's version of the setting).

Some things I am going to change or skip when converting though. Like the Daylight Adaptation Feat, this is handled better as an Alternate Racial Trait instead. Weaken Darkvision from 120 to 60 feat and remove the daylight sensitivity. You are making an equivalent exchange with such a thing so there is no need for a feat that basically does this if the ART will do it just as well and still leave your player a feat for it.

A little background: I have been Dungeon Mastering for over 20 years. I have a good feel for balance in these games and did my own conversion work for Dark Sun into Pathfinder (which is a work in progress as well). The conversion stuff is not too hard but does require some familiarity with how things work. If you feel something would work better as an ART than a feat, it probably should be an ART. This will save some work on the feats list as Faerun is notorious for its long list of new feats added per book. This will be a massive undertaking to finish, but I have started the campaign setting book and will be working with it carefully.

RavenX
May 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Just letting you know I gave my data to ShadowChemosh, he will get it uploaded for use as soon as he gets some time to take care of it. My progress hasn't been too much of late but this is something I have been working on in small parts here and there over the months. My players love the setting and are all looking forward to downloading the data now that I have at least a working set for them. I will warn you it is only the Campaign Setting book for now. I have plans for Races of Faerun to be added at a later date once the rest of the work I had to do is finished from the Campaign Sourcebook.

RavenX
May 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Also I want to add that not all of the feats are working properly, I will get them fixed when I have some free time.

mbran01
May 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
We should coordinate, I have most of the feats from the campaign setting and the pg working.

RavenX
May 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Have you converted things over from the books to Pathfinder?

I am kind of waiting on the Advanced Race Guide to release before I start converting the races from Races of Faerun for the simple fact that many races that had +1 or +2 level adjustments in 3.0 and 3.5 no longer have those adjustments due to way pathfinder has implemented things.

mbran01
May 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I converted them to pathfinder. I created the races as ethnicities, but did in such a way that you have to choose an ethnicity. I did that mostly because I didn't want my race list to get to cluttered.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I did them as races, so that I can add alternate racial traits to them. I plan on changing some of the "racial" feats in ARTs instead. Like the Wild Elf Tattoo Magic. This was originally a racial feat that all wild elves got in place of their first level feat, I plan to make it into a racial trait instead. Each race will gain racial traits when I am done inputting the data.

jbearwillis
May 18th, 2012, 06:58 AM
This is how I sett mine up. Just started and got the race and region framework setup. It works nicely. Now to input the rest of the regions.:)

mbran01
May 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I was thinking of creating a region mechanic, but I just used factions instead. I like what you have done.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I haven't had time to get regions going yet. Getting the Deities, Spells and Domains done is going to be a long chore in and of itself.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I was thinking of creating a region mechanic, but I just used factions instead. I like what you have done.

I didn't use Factions to cover regions because of the actual Factions in the game setting.

There are enough organizations in the game I don't want to clutter it up with other things. Fire Knives, Zhentarim, Harpers, Red Wizards, etc. are in my data, just going to take time to get the regions added. Though If I do something like jbearwillis I can actually code the prereqs on the feats to account for region.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 08:24 AM
This is how I sett mine up. Just started and got the race and region framework setup. It works nicely. Now to input the rest of the regions.:)

Could you describe how you got the regions added? I am curious about how you implemented this.

mbran01
May 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I didn't use Factions to cover regions because of the actual Factions in the game setting.

There are enough organizations in the game I don't want to clutter it up with other things. Fire Knives, Zhentarim, Harpers, Red Wizards, etc. are in my data, just going to take time to get the regions added. Though If I do something like jbearwillis I can actually code the prereqs on the feats to account for region.

I thought about all the other factions, but it just seemed like it would take to much research and time to figure out how to set up a region mechanic and it was just easier to use factions. I like the idea of having them seperate though.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Honestly if he set them up the same way as Ethnicities, which I believe he did, then it won't be that much more work to actually do them separately. In the end having them separate would be better. There were not a lot of factions in the core rulebook, but when you start adding other books into the mix you have a lot of things to code. Personally I would rather have them as separate entities.

I am thinking the 3 of us might be able to collaborate and do smaller tasks on this project so that it all gets knocked out faster. There is a lot of data to do in just the Campaign Setting book.

jbearwillis
May 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Well being new to coding, it would be hard to explain, but I can send you my home rules file if you want and see what i did and maybe work it into what you want. That would be much easier for me to do then explain. Yes they are Ethnicities hidden from the race list using the helper tag. So when you pick a Race from the elvenkind Ethnicity it then will have you pick a region. I am still trying to add someway to allow when you pick a region that it will bring up some kind of dropbox to chose your bonus feat and one for equipment, if their is a way to do so.

RavenX
May 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
The drop down menus are just a matter of knowing what tags to restrict the choices to. I have learned a lot about those.

jbearwillis
May 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hey RavenX did you want me to send you my file.

mbran01
May 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I like the idea of collaborating, because there is lot of work to craeate this data set.

RavenX
May 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
jbearwillis: yeah I will want to look over what you did in your data. I plan on doing regions like you have done, this way I can script out prerequisites on the feats.

And mbran01: yes we can work together. If you have races done I will want to see those and we will figure out the rest from here. I am still adding deities. That will eat some time in and of itself. The data will be a large set when it is done though. 3 of us working on it will allow us to get the data finished quicker than me just doing it all by myself. It has taken a while for me to get to this point with the data, and I still have a ways to go on it.

RavenX
May 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Just letting you know, ShadowChemosh has released what data I have finished (The deities are not included in that data) and it can be downloaded via his pfsrd link.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15583&page=11

RavenX
May 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM
So for starters why don't we decide who gets to do the prestige classes? Those will need to be done and will eat some time to do. You guys could split them up and tackle them though.

I finished up adding the human pantheon today, doing the spells and domains now to get that part of the pantheon done and released.

RavenX
May 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I could also use help on the Deities. I have added the elven and human deities, but the other ones will take some time to do. If someone wants to code them up, that would be great. (You don't have to worry about the descriptions, I just need the {b}Symbol{/b} of the god, and the domains checked off along with any other data the core gives you in the table listings. (Don't worry about domains that are not in there. I will get them done before releasing the data).

jbearwillis
May 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM
RavenX I'm Going through your Forgotten Realms Race file and adding the Region Tab since you did all the race work for me, I will add the rest of the humans to it as well. Just wondering if there is any regions not allowed by other races. Like elf Regions only allowed for elven races etc. You made it a lot easier for me to do it with all the work you have done - so a big thanks goes out to you. when I get it done, I will send it to you.

Lord Magus
May 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
So for starters why don't we decide who gets to do the prestige classes? Those will need to be done and will eat some time to do. You guys could split them up and tackle them though.

I finished up adding the human pantheon today, doing the spells and domains now to get that part of the pantheon done and released.

I did Incantatrix for d20 a while back, but never got to finish it because I could never figure out the capstone ability (and it seems it is not easily doable either).

At least, I should be able to easily convert what i have done.

jbearwillis
May 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Well Frame work is in Place - This is what it's going to look like - with me using your files RavenX - Just The human Races and the rest of the Regions. They should go pretty quick I hope, since I finished the hard part. Here is some screen shots of what it looks like

RavenX
May 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
I did Incantatrix for d20 a while back, but never got to finish it because I could never figure out the capstone ability (and it seems it is not easily doable either).

At least, I should be able to easily convert what i have done.

If you want to tackle some of these go right ahead. I will take on the lead of collaboration on this project.

@jbearwillis: The first image looks perfect to me. I was trying to figure out what you did, I think I understand it a bit. I had started adding human ethnicities already. I got Calishite, Chondathan, Damaran, Illuskan, and Mulan done over the weekend, I would like to point out that if something appears in Races of Faerun that applies to races covered in the rulebook, I am treating that material as an Update to previous material released. There are still other ethnicities for Human that need to be done though, if you want to tackle the remaining ones go ahead. (I am using the first set of paragraphs on them up to where the next section of text starts, this way the player gets a fair amount of background information and it will help get new players into the setting easier.) I will try to get more data out to you all soon.

Anyone that wants to assist on this project, just let me know. It is a lot of data but as a group we can crunch through it. I won't be doing more data crunching until next weekend, I have higher priority files to do, but I usually spend a fair amount of time coding during my game sessions (players argue over what to do, where to go, or during lunch and dinner breaks.) I currently have them delving Undermountain. The Human rogue is now a Gnome rogue, and is 5 levels below the rest of the party.

RavenX
May 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
A quick thought about the Regions, I had originally considered doing them as "Regional" character "traits" using the traits set up already in the system, but this should work too.

jbearwillis
May 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Well that could work to - I just did it that way because I liked the look of it and the way it sets up on the character sheet LOL - but I might play around with that idea and see what I can do. The Tiefling is causing me a little trouble in the way I set it up. I have it working but no matter what it wants to give 2 choices even if the to sources that give them abilities are not check - which is puzzling the heck of me. I can't seem to figure how to stop it, when the sources are not checked to only give one choice each instead of 2.

RavenX
May 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Tieflings automatically get a free language choice of Abyssal or Infernal. You may want to check the eval scripts on it.

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
I already have a lot of the feats from the player's guide coded, if you want to take a look at what I have.

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 04:24 AM
I could work on some of the prestige classes and or deities. Just let me know what you need me to do.

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
mbran01: I will look at those once the FRCS is out of the way. I think we should focus on one book at a time. The core Campaign Setting book is a lot of coding by itself.

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
If you want to get started on deities, start with the dwarven ones and then gnome or halfling, we need to get them all crunched out eventually.

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
One more thing, if a domain is not present, we will have to add it. In the Author Comments box, leave a note on which domains need to be added. I am certain all the dwarven ones will need the "dwarf" domain.

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
I can get started on the dwarf and gnome deities. That is mostly data entry and shouldn't take me too long.

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah go ahead and work on those. Let me know when you are done and I will collect the data and integrate it into the set.

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Should I create tags for the lesser, intermediate, and greater deity dessignations?

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
I sent you a private message regarding this.
I think it would be easier for me to send you the data I already created, that way you don't have to create new tags since I already have them made. It will be less hassle for me in the long run if you just add them in. I created the tags for Demigod, Lesser, Intermediate, and Greater deities already.

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sounds good

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
The data is in your inbox ^_^

mbran01
May 23rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Now it is in yours. Let me know what you think. I am kinda busy tomorrow (today) so I don't know when I will be able to get to it, but I will get something done.

RavenX
May 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Take your time, there is no rush on this. No pressure or deadlines.

mbran01
May 24th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I am a stay-at-home dad, so I have free time on my hands during the day (most days) when the little one naps. I won't rush anything, but I have time to kill so it is no problem.
Data entry is especially easy, so I can get a lot of that done. In fact, if you want me to enter data, so that we can go back and code at a later date I can do that too.

RavenX
May 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM
I would say just finish up the deities, you can do the new spells too once that is finished. I have to go back and edit feats to get rid of item creation XP costs as pathfinder did away with those.

RavenX
May 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Just letting you all know I did a little work and added Ethnicities for Half-elves so the user can select their elven heritage (Moon, Sun, Wild or Wood elf parent).

RavenX
May 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
mbran01,

You said you had the Races of Faerun already? Could you send me that datafile when you get a chance, please? I might start incorporating that one into the next release.

Raven

RavenX
May 27th, 2012, 10:06 PM
To all, One of the other reasons I created the various elf races individually is for scripting racial requirements on feats. Some feats only apply to one specific type of elf. The same goes for dwarves and the other demihumans, so don't mess with the races or try to make them into ethnicities.

mbran01
May 28th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I can send you what I have, unfortunately I added them as ethnicities (I just use hero.picklives[rcethnicity] in the reqstatement when I need it to apply to a certian ethniciy). If you still want me to send you what I have I can.

Lash
May 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
can i put in a selfish request that Tiamat and Bahamut make it in the dieties list

cant remember which editions, but i seems they are both in, then both out, then back in again in the different editions

i can send the data on both if needed

RavenX
May 30th, 2012, 09:11 PM
can i put in a selfish request that Tiamat and Bahamut make it in the dieties list

cant remember which editions, but i seems they are both in, then both out, then back in again in the different editions

i can send the data on both if needed

Lash,

I have seen them referenced in the books, if they're in Faiths & Pantheons or Dragons of Faerun I can get them added, but it will take time, the Deities datafile is still a long way from completion friend. I will get it out to you all as soon as mbran01 has all the data done.

Raven

mbran01,

A personal request, when you finish the deities, could you go through and disable the sources? I will reapply the sources once I get the data back.

Raven

Lash
May 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM
no rush ... i appreciate the efforts ... those are the two main dieties in one of my campaigns

always of course can do the write in on the "other/philosophy" until ready

RavenX
May 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
no rush ... i appreciate the efforts ... those are the two main dieties in one of my campaigns

always of course can do the write in on the "other/philosophy" until ready

They will make it into our to do list. We are trying to get faiths and pantheons knocked off the to do list first ;)

Unfortunately this is a rather large set of data and will take a great deal of time and effort to get done. Though Ed Greenwood's epic world will be ours to play in.

I want to point out now that the races I have worked on are being leveled down to eliminate level adjustments completely. I am trying to get the races down to pathfinder's no level adjustment deal. So some things may be a little tweaked, but the races will all get done.

mbran01
May 31st, 2012, 04:31 AM
Tiamat is in faiths and pantheons so I will eventually get to her. Not sure where Bahamut is, but if he was converted to forgotten realms for 3rd edition he will eventually make it in as well.

bodrin
May 31st, 2012, 05:17 AM
Bahamut appears in these references!

Copied direct from wikipedia.

Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition (2000-2002)

Bahamut appears in a preview article for the third edition, in Dragon #272 (June 2000).[12] This information is later included in the Manual of the Planes (2001),[13]

Bahamut is further detailed as a deity in Defenders of the Faith (2000)[14] and Deities and Demigods (2002).[15]

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition (2003-2007)

Bahamut's priesthood and his role as a draconic deity are further detailed for this edition in Draconomicon: The Book of Dragons (2003),[16]Complete Divine (2004),[17] and Races of the Dragon (2006)[18]

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
As of right now I am only worrying about getting the FR stuff. I thought he was mentioned in one of the FR books though.

I am not one to trust wikipedia though. College instructors always told us never to use that site for information.

mbran01
May 31st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I am just focusing on the fr books. If he is in there we will find him. If not, maybe after we are done withe the rest of the data we can add him.

mbran01
May 31st, 2012, 08:41 AM
@RavenX: Have you looked at drow of the underdark and savage species. I believe that they had rules for modifying races so that there was no level adjustment. Specifically, I think they had drow as a playable race.

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 11:24 AM
@RavenX: Have you looked at drow of the underdark and savage species. I believe that they had rules for modifying races so that there was no level adjustment. Specifically, I think they had drow as a playable race.

I don't personally own all the books or pdfs of the edition. I have a small amount to work with. I do have the Underdark book though. The rules in the Advanced Race Guide allow you to create races, its all point based, so I will be using that as my gauge for redesigning races. Since this is a Pathfinder conversion I want to stick as close to the rules of Pathfinder as we can. The create your own race chapter was a free "preview" but I am holding out for the hardback of the book to be released this coming month before jumping into finalized conversions.

I am cutting monster "levels" and hit dice out though. That is a good chunk of the level adjustment issue... Some races might get some of their +8 to this, +10 to that snipped down to more modest bonuses of +2 to banish the level adjustments before its all done though.

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 04:03 PM
I know he is in the 4th edition version of the game. They released some data for him specifically for FR, I will have to dig around a bit.

Lash
May 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Tiamat is in faiths and pantheons so I will eventually get to her. Not sure where Bahamut is, but if he was converted to forgotten realms for 3rd edition he will eventually make it in as well.

Dragons of Faerun (3e FR)
p9
"As the ranks of his followers swelled, Bahamut rose in power, assuming the rank of lesser deity once again, while Tiamat did the same"

the issue with Bahamut is that he may not have those pretty diety statblocks like the others, so I'll dig up what I have

TSR and now WotC have always stated in FR, Once canon always canon unless trumped by a newer source

so in essence, we can go back to find "fill-in" info in cases like this

as postscript, i suck at coding, but what i can help with is source material ... i have EVERY printed FR product made in my library (1e, 2e, 3e, 4e) ... just let me know what you need me to look up and I'll get it done and quickly (school teacher off work for the summer LOL)

Lash
May 31st, 2012, 08:43 PM

Dragons of Faerun (3e FR)
p9
"As the ranks of his followers swelled, Bahamut rose in power, assuming the rank of lesser deity once again, while Tiamat did the same"

the issue with Bahamut is that he may not have those pretty diety statblocks like the others, so I'll dig up what I have

TSR and now WotC have always stated in FR, Once canon always canon unless trumped by a newer source

so in essence, we can go back to find "fill-in" info in cases like this

as postscript, i suck at coding, but what i can help with is source material ... i have EVERY printed FR product made in my library (1e, 2e, 3e, 4e) ... just let me know what you need me to look up and I'll get it done and quickly (school teacher off work for the summer LOL)

mbran01
May 31st, 2012, 08:53 PM
I like the idea of waiting for the advance race guide. Should make things (races) a little easier to convert. The deities are moving slower than I anticipated due to the end of the school year, plus I have been training my son for his karate test. But I should be able to get back on track this weekend.

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 09:04 PM
That is why I am waiting on it. I figure the Deities can be done. And it sounds like Lash has found evidence of Bahamut in FR books so we should be able to add him in. the 4e books do reference him as part of the "Draconic Pantheon" so that is the route we will go with him and tiamat. Its just going to take time to get all the pantheons done.

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 09:18 PM
Certain elements of the books we can do, but converting the races will be easier with that book. It should be out on the 20th so I estimate it will be on shelves in comic shops by the end of the month.

RavenX
May 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM
And they did a nice depiction of the Harper's Broach in the 4e Neverwinter CS book, I know that one has been asked about on various forums. I might not like 4e per se, but I admit the artwork is nice.

mbran01
June 1st, 2012, 04:26 AM
I agree 4e did have some nice artwork, even if I was dissappointed with the system itself (and how they mangled the realms).

bodrin
June 1st, 2012, 05:05 AM
If I recall correctly there is an aspect of Bahamut in the miniatures handbook fully statted.

RavenX
June 1st, 2012, 07:34 AM
If I recall correctly there is an aspect of Bahamut in the miniatures handbook fully statted.

Aspect is not the God proper. Aspects are a smaller portion of power. I believe it is in the miniatures handbook too, in fact I know it is, because I used to collect the minis at the height of the minis craze in 3.5

Lash
June 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM
I agree 4e did have some nice artwork, even if I was dissappointed with the system itself (and how they mangled the realms).

yeah they nuked 4e FR

good news is there is rumors of a potential 5e FR rewind/reset/retcon back to the good ole days but could be just rumors...

back on topic, i have Tiamat fully copied and typed up if someone wants me to email it to them or i could just post it here

Lash
June 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
TIAMAT –

Manifestations: The Chromatic Dragon, The Dragon Queen, The Dark Lady, The Nemesis of the Gods, The Undying Queen

(sources : FR Faiths and Pantheons, FR Powers and Pantheons, FR Campaign Setting, FR9 The Bloodstone Lands, FR10 The Old Empires, H4 module The Throne of Bloodstone)

Symbol: Five-headed dragon
Alignment: LE
Allies: none
Foes: Ilmater, Bane
Domains: evil, law, scalykind, tyranny, chromatic dragons, greed, necromancy, protection, animal, combat, divination, healing, time, wards, weather, guardian, charm, summoning
Worshippers: Chromatic dragons, Evil Dragons, Cult of the Dragon, fighters, sorcerers, wizards, thieves, assassins, blackguards, clerics (many clerics multiclass)
Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
Favored weapon: dragon head (heavy pick)
Other weapons: all bludgeoning, longsword
Armor: any
Bonus skill: can speak draconic
Affiliated orders: Serpent Guard, Knights of the Talon, Wyrmkeepers, The Pentagon

Lash
June 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
did some more research

in Dragons of Faerun, it mentions the Dragonfall War and asks the reader to check out Races of the Dragon (a non FR sourcebook) for more information on the Dragonfall War (which is a FR canon occurrence). It is not the first time that a nonFR sourcebook contains little sidebars for FR in them, but it surprised me that I didn't catch that before. Bahamut and Tiamat have statblocks in RotD.

mbran01
June 1st, 2012, 08:14 PM
I think I have that book somewhere, I will check it out.

bodrin
June 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
RotD

page 151: Bahamut
page 158: Tiamat.

And I think the Adventure The Red hand of Doom had Tiamat statted up too!

Edit: Page 116 Red hand of Doom Tiamat!

RavenX
June 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Lol you guys really want these added. Do keep in mind mbran01 has to code most of the pantheons. ;) Do be nice to him. We are all working hard here.

Lash
June 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
don't want to come off as sounding like i'm rushing you guys!

just trying to help in my limited skillz way LOL

RavenX
June 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
don't want to come off as sounding like i'm rushing you guys!

just trying to help in my limited skillz way LOL

I do work on other projects for Lone Wolf Development, lash, my plate is quite full. I do some FR coding on my time off (basically when I am running my game sessions) because my players need the data to work with. Many of the data sets I created were done purely out of necessity. Since we decided pathfinder would be our new system (3.5 being out of print and all) it made sense I would have to code things. The FR data started a long time ago for me. I have released what I compiled over a long period of time preparing for the current campaign.

Right now mbran and jbear are doing a good amount of it for the community. I am just supervising things as it goes along. The data is looking good though. Give it time and we shall get a lot accomplished.

RavenX
June 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Just letting everyone know that spells / feats with XP costs are being modified to nix those costs. Pathfinder's system doesn't have these costs built into it, so I am not going to bother with such things as I code. The XP costs will just be nixed completely. Same goes for magic items, arms and armor, etc.

Matt Droz
June 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hey all, just caught this thread. I've been doing my own conversion. Here's what I got so far:

Races from Races of Faerūn (made some of the races as R Cust Special)
Faiths & Pantheons (deities, working on the domains, made some PrCs as Cleric Archetypes)
Players Guide & FRCS info

RavenX
June 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
You can download our dataset and see how it compares. I did all the races as individual ones for the sake of making it easy to code up ethnic backgrounds and traits, and feats. Many feats are race specific. I will gladly look over your data once I have spare time though if you'd like to join us in this project.

Matt Droz
June 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I also changed a lot of the regional feats to traits (and de-powered some of them) to go along with the idea of the Pathfinder system. The only thing I haven't worked out as much yet is some of the abilities for the new domains.

Where should I send/upload my data set? (also, I noticed when loading yours that we had some duplicate names--I'll see about modding them to compare the two.)

RavenX
June 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I PMed you my email address.

Matt Droz
June 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Sent the file on. Let me know if you have any problems getting it or any questions.

Matt Droz
June 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM
So, I'm starting to work on the Techsmith and I hit a massive brick wall with the Gondsman companion/construct. For those that aren't in the know/don't remember, the construct has the same hit die as their master techsmith. Every time the techsmith goes up a level (I'm changing to every odd level), they can add +1 to Str, Dex, BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, or Natural Armor. Other than that, they don't change at all, but I'm not sure how to alter the companion's information from the techsmith's abilities.

Matt Droz
June 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Nevermind, I decided to add them as a secondary ability -> bootstrapped minion. Updating the Gondsman abilities will be a manual process.

RavenX
June 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I did not have internet for a few days, that problem has been repaired now and we are back to business. I have some work stuff to fine tune I haven't had a chance to check your stuff yet Matt, once I get a free minute I will. I am working on getting the work things crunched out and then will get back to looking over the data, hopefully this weekend if not before.

Matt Droz
June 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hey Raven!

I'm going over the Guild Wizard of Waterdeep prestige class in the Magic of Faerūn book, and was wondering if it should continue using the Spellpool rules presented in the book, or we it would be better to modify it to stay truer to the Pathfinder rules.

RavenX
June 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I have yet to begin implementing that book, I will get back to this question as soon as I get free time. Right now I am finishing up a project for Lone Wolf Development that is taking my time.

My default answer would normally be go with pathfinder, but I need to look over the class itself before making a conclusion, and I have no time for that today.

RavenX
June 18th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Hey Raven!

I'm going over the Guild Wizard of Waterdeep prestige class in the Magic of Faerūn book, and was wondering if it should continue using the Spellpool rules presented in the book, or we it would be better to modify it to stay truer to the Pathfinder rules.

Matt

I looked over what you said, After taking a moment to review the spellpool rules, I would like to know what 'modifications' you have in mind before deciding what we should do. Let me hear your ideas and we can proceed from there.

Raven

Matt Droz
June 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Well, Spellpool magic is pure fluff, where the guild members can "donate" spells to a pool, allowing the individual caster the ability to pull the spell from the pool as long as they have a free spell slot (there's a 65% - 5% per spell level chance the spell will be there).

I'm looking at changing it from a Prestige Class to a Wizard Archetype:

- They would gain Improved Spell Acquisition (gain five spells instead of two to their spellbook every level) in place of the Arcane Bond ability.
- They lose 3 of the four bonus feats they normally acquire. In place of that, they gain: Improved Counterspell feat at 10th level, Focused Dispel (+2 to caster level checks for dispelling) at 15th level, and Break Enchantment as a 1/day spell-like ability at 20th level.

The two bonus languages they get as they go up in level is moot if they have the Linguistics skill, so I'm considering just dropping that ability.

I'm still not sold on the Spellpool ability, since it adds in new ways of getting magic. As far as programming it into the Data Set, it's straight up Description text, so it's not difficult to put in.

RavenX
June 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM
The archetype will be a little more work, but they payout might be better. Since a guild mage has access to guild resources they can learn more spells per level so what you are thinking to do makes sense to me. Go ahead and just work on the archetype. I think it would fit the pathfinder rules better.

Matt Droz
June 19th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I also got around to exporting out the .hl file and putting it up on an updates.xml on my site. Link's in my sig. (Also includes a Retro Names patch (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=85188#post85188).)

RavenX
June 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I also got around to exporting out the .hl file and putting it up on an updates.xml on my site. Link's in my sig. (Also includes a Retro Names patch (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=85188#post85188).)

I wouldn't consider it "retro" so much as the OGL doesn't allow use of the D&D names. Though my preference is for the original names and my players see me use the original names of the spells most of the time, I know the name changes were put in by wotc's OGL when the data was released for 3rd party use.

RavenX
June 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Just letting you all know I am working on finalizing some data before doing the next release. Thanks to jbearwillis I figured out the region feats in the FRCS were outdated. I am upgrading the feats tonight, and getting the proper prereqs coded into them. I am hoping to get a new data release done this week if all goes well.

RavenX
June 25th, 2012, 11:38 PM
V1.2 has been uploaded to the community dropbox. Hopefully it will be out to you all soon.

Matt Droz
June 26th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I created the Genasi (a long while ago). I have been contemplating whether or not to drop them, however, ever since the Ifrit/Oread/Sylph/Undine were introduced in the Bestiary 2. Now that they are detailed even more in the Advanced Race Guide, I'm again considering dropping them in favor of the Pathfinder plane-touched. Thoughts?

Matt Droz
June 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I also just updated my export to the latest version. I had found that my original Hathran build wasn't working as intended.

RavenX
June 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I created the Genasi (a long while ago). I have been contemplating whether or not to drop them, however, ever since the Ifrit/Oread/Sylph/Undine were introduced in the Bestiary 2. Now that they are detailed even more in the Advanced Race Guide, I'm again considering dropping them in favor of the Pathfinder plane-touched. Thoughts?

I am creating a dataset that stays true to Forgotten Realms. I may use the Advanced race guide to create alternate racial traits (just copying what was already done) but I am keeping the setting true to the original for the players. The races do have similarities, but I plan on staying the course through this and working to keep the data as accurate as possible to 3.5 (On the off chance I ever decide to convert it for 3.5 OGL license later on as well)

I have submitted the v.1.2 data to Tim, hopefully he will get it checked over sometime soon for public release.

RavenX
June 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Version 1.2 of the data is now available to interested parties.

Frodie
June 29th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Thank you! Very cool

radionausea
July 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering whether there might be a function to disable Faerun deities from showing up when configuring. I have the datasets installed but a lot of the time don't have any of the options selected but the deities still show up. Don't know how much work that would be though

Matt Droz
July 13th, 2012, 03:22 AM
On my dataset, I put in the Source for each of the books. The deities should be in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Faiths & Pantheons. If you remove the checkmarks there, they shouldn't come up.

RavenX
July 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering whether there might be a function to disable Faerun deities from showing up when configuring. I have the datasets installed but a lot of the time don't have any of the options selected but the deities still show up. Don't know how much work that would be though

I still have a bit of work to do on this, Once I have gotten the sources straight you will be able to just turn off the FRCS and the Deities should stop appearing. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, it is a temporary thing and I am going to get it fixed as soon as I have some free time to work on it.

radionausea
July 14th, 2012, 05:14 AM
its not a big deal at all and thanks for the hard work

Stin
November 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I use the Forgotten Realm user content for Pathfinder.

The FORC Races have not all favored class options yet. I need a lot of them, so I would add them all. Who can i sent my work then? Is the chaged userfile a good exchange format?

RavenX
November 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM
If you're using the Forgotten Realms data I created, requests go here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46027

The deities issue has been fixed already and the next release I send out will fix it. I haven't been able to get around to every little fix in the data as of yet.

As for the favored class options, they'll be done when I have time to get to it. It is on my to-do list and has been for awhile now. I am not going to be working on the data again until at least December. I have too much on plate right now to deal with the data at this time, even with one assistant helping me, I'm not able to get through this quickly. Please be patient is all I can say at this time.

zarberg
September 1st, 2014, 09:53 AM
If you're using the Forgotten Realms data I created, requests go here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46027

The deities issue has been fixed already and the next release I send out will fix it. I haven't been able to get around to every little fix in the data as of yet.

As for the favored class options, they'll be done when I have time to get to it. It is on my to-do list and has been for awhile now. I am not going to be working on the data again until at least December. I have too much on plate right now to deal with the data at this time, even with one assistant helping me, I'm not able to get through this quickly. Please be patient is all I can say at this time.

I'm more than willing to help out if you'd like, I have most of the Forgotten Realms books and have at least a decent knowledge of how Hero Lab works behind the scenes.

RavenX
September 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
I'm more than willing to help out if you'd like, I have most of the Forgotten Realms books and have at least a decent knowledge of how Hero Lab works behind the scenes.

PM me to discuss details on this.