PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Companion Deities

Stephen Peto
April 1st, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of where to configure/select deities in the fantasy companion add on. I have the checkbox ticked in the configure hero window, to select show deities. I just can't seem to work out where they are supposed to be shown. I was expecting that there would be somewhere to select goddess of healing, god of justice etc.
Thanks Steve

tatteredking
April 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
I lelieve they pop up as a drop-down box next to Race, but am not sire. Don't have that file loaded on this PC

CapedCrusader
April 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM
You'll need to go into the Editor, create a Setting Adjustment file and enable Factions. For the Faction Term, call then Deities. Then, when you click that box in the Configure Hero window, it causes the Stock Fantasy Deities to populate that list. If you need assistance doing this, PM me and I'll throw one together for you.

CapedCrusader
April 4th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Let me add that this is a temporary measure. This was a miss on my part, checking the box should enable that dropdown menu, and it doesn't. I will fix it, and it will be out in the next update.

Stephen Peto
April 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hi, Thank you for your assistance. I don't think it's working yet. I went into the editor, created a new file and called it factions.user, created a new faction called deities, with an id fac001. I did get a check box appear in the configure hero screen, to show deities. However, I didn't get any drop down menus to appear. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.
Thanks Stephen Peto

Stephen Peto
April 8th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Hi, Something interesting is occurring with the deities. When I have the Hellfrost files selected and show deities selected in the Configure hero screen, I get the generic deities appearing among the list of Hellfrost gods. If I deselect the Hellfrost files, the drop down is still missing. Therefore there must be something in the Hellfrost files which is missing in the fantasy companion files to make the drop down appear. I hope this is helpful!

CapedCrusader
April 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Forgive me, I didn't explain myself very well. The Setting Adjustment is another tab in the Editor (labeled "Setting Adjust"). That's where the Use Factions? checkbox I was referring to is located. I've attached a zip file with an .hl file that contains a Setting Adjustment that fill fix this.

From your second comment, it sounds like I need to take a look at Hellfrost... It shouldn't be seeing those. But more on that later.

Stephen Peto
April 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thank you, the setting adjustment file works a treat. It's much appreciated. Please excuse my inexperience with the editor. It's all part of the learning curve. I have only really used it to take a copy of something which already exists, and tweaked it to turn it into something else. Although I am pleased that I have now been able to create my god in the factions file, I made earlier, and it appears in the dropdown. Cool!