PDA

View Full Version : How to ignore gamesystem validation violations

TheGM
March 3rd, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hi,

how can I ignore vialotions of gamesystem validations?
Since I don't know if this is a setting or HeroLab Engineproblem, I will post it here.

We are playing SavageWorlds Hellfrost setting and I tried to put one of our clerics into Hero Lab.
My problems are that every one with a miracle background gets a certain signature power from his god. For this power the normal constrains concerning availablility do not count. Also the character got an extra advandage since we uses some optional rules.

My problem is that HeroLabs now correctly claims that there are validation violations and doesn't allow me to switch the character to "Advancement".

Is there a way tell HeroLabs "yes I know thats against the rules but accept it as it is and go on"?

Thanks!

popebabylon
March 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
I had a similar problem with some 50 Fathoms characters I was trying to put together. My workaround was to go to the "Personal" tab and use the "Permanent Adjustments" button to give that character a +1 Arcane Power which works outside the creation/advancement rules.

rob
March 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
The suggestion from @popebabylon is the correct way to do it. Any deviation of the character from the rules that is considered "proper" for your game should have that variance reflected through a permanent adjustment. Even if you aren't otherwise blocked by a validation error, it's worth doing so that any other errors will be readily recognized and not inadvertently overlooked due to ignoring the validation report. :)

The author of the Hellfrost files can potentially make changes to the files to accommodate the extra signature power. However, the optional rules definitely need to be reflected through the permanent adjustments mechanism.

CapedCrusader
March 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
That would be me. I'll take a look at it.