PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Super Powers Companion

dartnet
February 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Will we be see the power point levels from page 12?

ketjak
February 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I was just coming here for the same reason - the version of the AB(Super Powers) from the Super Powers Companion grants power points (10) from which are purchased super powers worth different points depending on the power. The expansion for Hero Lab does not use that system, nor does it seem to give some of the extras that can be bought for the power - I have checked the Super Powers Companion box but it doesn't look like the Deluxe system is overridden.

... which all but makes the Super Powers Companion add-on useless except for some gear.

Please fix.

- ketjak

CapedCrusader
February 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
It's done with the Setting Adjustments. You can set those values to whatever you want. The values entered into the Setting Adjustments are modifiers to the Standard numbers.

dartnet
February 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Yes CC BUT I was wondering if the preset values were going to be added along with the Out Of there League Hindrance?

CapedCrusader
February 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
::scratches head:: Hmmm... that's a possibility. Since I had to create the mechanisms to modify those numbers for the Setting Adjustments, it's a definite possibility. I'll check.

martiank9
May 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
How do I change how many power points are available? Above CapedCrusader says it's in the "Settings Adjustments" but I can't find anything like that.

I can see where I turn on options like "Inherent Power", etc, but no option to alter the number of power points available.

martiank9

CapedCrusader
May 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
The Setting Adjustments are in the Editor. Open the Tools menu, and Launch the Editor. Setting Adjust is one of the tabs. Create a new record that's a copy of the master record. Then you can enter adjustments to those values. Make sure to tag it for a specific setting using the Edit button next to Sources. Save the record, save the file (name it to match your setting) and then re-load Hero Lab.

If you need assistance getting this to work, PM me and I'll help get it set up for you.

CapedCrusader
May 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
PS I am planning on creating pre-sets for the values in the book to make this easier.