PDA

View Full Version : Bootstrapping a Specific Knowledge Skill

tatteredking
February 6th, 2012, 08:36 AM
trying to bootstrap a specific knowledge skill to a thing. I can't seem to figure out the Field ID to put the specific skill in. I understand what to put in the Value, but not the Field ID.

CapedCrusader
February 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
domDomain should do it...

tatteredking
February 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM
That was it, thanks!

jbearwillis
November 26th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hey tatteredking, I was wondering if you could share the code for this. I was wanting to do the same thing and I'm having trouble.

jbearwillis
November 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Never mind I figured it out on my own.:)

zarlor
November 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
How about sharing for the rest of us? ;)

jbearwillis
November 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Found this in another thread on how to do it.

<bootstrap thing="skKnow">
<assignval field="domDomain" value="Occult"/>
</bootstrap>

what it is saying is:,
1) go to the bootstrap tab and add "skKnow" in the thing box
2) then after that look to the right and click the field tab and a window will open (Enter "domdomain" in the field ID field and the focus, in this case "Occult", {but you use the skill name you want} in the value field).
3) hit ok and then ok and save.

that's all there is to it. LOL

I wish all these were together - it would make it so much easier. lol
Hope that answers your question.
Cheers:)

zarlor
November 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Turns out I've decided to see if I can make the Hell on Earth Reloaded data file and I've run into this very thing, so that's very useful. However I have one extra snag. In my case I'm trying to add the Operation Damocles Soldier edge and I can now bootstrap in the Vow, set to "Restore Civilization", but how do I now set it to be a Major hindrance?

jbearwillis
December 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
You might want to make a copy of the Vow, set to "Restore Civilization" and mark it as a Major hindrance and then bootstrap the new one to that edge, that might work for you, if you don't already haven't done it that way - don't know just a thought.

jbearwillis
December 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I just tried it out and it worked - if you just want the Major hindrance Vow - "Restore Civilization" for just that Edge and not to show up on the list - just mark the box "Show only" and it will only show up ton the Edge that you bootstrap it to - it worked great for me. I don't know if that's the right way to get it done but it worked LOL.

jbearwillis
December 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Here I show that it worked. Showing that it is bootstrapped to the edge. Hope that helped you.

zarlor
December 4th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Ok, I can see doing it that way. A bit roundabout but I'll take it. Thanks!

zarlor
December 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
In case anyone else needs it here's how to set both the Text for something like n Vow as well as setting it to Major (in the Editor).

Bootstrap what you want (in this case I chose hinVow)
In Fields: set a Field Id: domDomain and Value: Whatever Text You Want in there.
Then under Tags: set a Group Id: User and a Tag Id: HindMajor

The Field sets the text you want and the Tag can be used to set the level, HindMajor for Major, don't set it at all for minor and UserSelect if you want the User to be able to select either Major or Minor.

jbearwillis
December 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Put it in my code book. for later use. Thanks