PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reports - Version 1.17

mKell
December 31st, 2011, 09:59 AM
The calculation of the Full Parry dice pool appears to be wrong; it seems to count Reaction twice for the total instead of just once.

Found in the pregenerated characters Bounty Hunter, Enforcer, Street Samurai.

kinevon
January 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Wired Reflexes:
For some reason it is doubling the Essence cost for this cyberware upgrade:
Rating 1 should be Essence cost 2, and therefore 2 essence to buy as standard. HeroLabs is showing an Essence cost of 4 for this at rating 1.
Rating 2, which should be 3 base, is doubling as well.
Rating 3, which is 5, is also being doubled.

This doubling still applies to the improved essence versions versions.

Ugly.

This is for an existing character, in the advancement mode. Unless there is a rule I am missing, there is no doubling of essence cost after character creation...

Edit: Never mind, found out what was causing it, a flaw I had taken and forgotten.

Mathias
January 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
This is a bug reports thread for the 1/5/12 update for the Shadowrun files.

Note that there are still some incomplete portions of the Shadowrun files - these are known issues, so there's no need to post bug reports about them.
Combat

Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.

Magic

Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)

Matrix & Technomancers

AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
Active/Passive/Hidden mode

Vehicles & Drones

Rigging & Jumping In

NPCs & Critters

Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
Group/Professional Rating
Critters

Miscellaneous

Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyles

Anacher
January 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Found a bug with adding a new skill group to an existing character via advancement.

The karma is spent, but the skills don't show up on the active skills tab, nor the character sheet. It's like they don't exist.

Murrdox
January 13th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Wired Reflexes:
For some reason it is doubling the Essence cost for this cyberware upgrade:
Rating 1 should be Essence cost 2, and therefore 2 essence to buy as standard. HeroLabs is showing an Essence cost of 4 for this at rating 1.
Rating 2, which should be 3 base, is doubling as well.
Rating 3, which is 5, is also being doubled.

This doubling still applies to the improved essence versions versions.

Ugly.

This is for an existing character, in the advancement mode. Unless there is a rule I am missing, there is no doubling of essence cost after character creation...

Edit: Never mind, found out what was causing it, a flaw I had taken and forgotten.

Ha ha! Wired Reflexes doesn't work well with "Sensitive System"! Hopefully you remembered before your character woke up dead from Surgery.

Anacher
January 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Found a bug with adding a new skill group to an existing character via advancement.

The karma is spent, but the skills don't show up on the active skills tab, nor the character sheet. It's like they don't exist.

Actually to update that, in the active skills tab it shows the group line, but none of the skills are laid out underneath it. This applies to the stealth group skill. I am unsure about other skill groups. They also do not appear in the overall skill list.

Mathias
January 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Anacher - that issue was reported in the 1.11 bug reports thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14240, and I still haven't figured out a way to solve it, I'm sorry to say. It does apply to all skill groups.

Anacher
January 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Anacher - that issue was reported in the 1.11 bug reports thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14240, and I still haven't figured out a way to solve it, I'm sorry to say. It does apply to all skill groups.

Thanks Mathias. Didn't see it in the list of known bugs.

raphaelbonelli
January 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
One of my characters just bought a Linguasoft (Rating 3) to speak Yoruba, one the dialects spoken in Lagos.

But when i add a Custom Language Skill to the linguasoft i just can't give a name to it, and it generates a validation error on Hero Lab. Where i can set a name for a Custom Language Skill added to a Linguasoft Program?

nylanfs
January 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
The only option that I see is naming the linguisoft. But it doesn't seem to add dice to the skill. So it does look like a valid issue.

Mathias
January 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
I've added this to the to-do list. Thanks for reporting it.

As a workaround, you can use the Skill: Language tab in the editor to add a proper skill entry for Yoruba - that will make that language show up as one of the normal choices for the linguasoft, rather than making you choose the "Other Language" option.

nylanfs, are you purchasing it in creation mode, or advancement mode, and are you purchasing this linguasoft within a commlink or as a loose program? Does your test character have a sim module (usually added as a commlink mod, and necessary to use knowsofts and linguasofts)?

raphaelbonelli
January 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM
As a workaround, you can use the Skill: Language tab in the editor to add a proper skill entry for Yoruba - that will make that language show up as one of the normal choices for the linguasoft, rather than making you choose the "Other Language" option.

Thanks. I´ve never used the editor... great chance to learn.

nylanfs
January 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mathias, it was in advancement mode with an already created profile. Here's the steps I took the Matrix tab > Edit this gear on commlink > Add Program > Linguasoft >Customize > Select Language Skill > Other/Specify >Add & Close.

My character uses trodes instead of a datajack or sim module., which AFAIK qualify for a direct neural connection. And the skill bonus does seem to get applied even though the validation fails. After you select the Other/Specify and go back to the normal Linguasoft customization if you right click on the Other Specify the "Edit Name of (Specify Skill Name) Linguasoft" is greyed out. I would imagine this would be where you could specify the new language.

Also if you click on the Delete icon next to the added language skill you get a error that skills must be modified via the advancement tab, but you can right click on the name and select the delete that way.

bittergeek
January 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
nylanfs: Trodes are used with the sim module - without the module, you can't benefit from the linguasoft. (SR4A pp. 328, 330)

DarthME
January 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Am I missing something on how to get your damage resistances on to the character sheet? I can see them all calculated on the Armor tab, but I can't find them on the sheet to save my life.

Thanks

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Am I missing something on how to get your damage resistances on to the character sheet? I can see them all calculated on the Armor tab, but I can't find them on the sheet to save my life.

Thanks

I can't believe I missed that. Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

cryptoknight
January 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Shadowrun Missions and Breaking Up Skill Groups.

When I enable breaking up skill groups in order to advance a single skill after character creation, I get a validation error that says Shadowrun Missions prohibits this. Except from the SRM Year 4 FAQ, I see nothing about that.

It's not even an optional rule from SR4A, breaking up a skill group during character creation is a not-allowed thing, but after that, during normal character advancement this rule from SR4A applied.

Improving Existing Skills Characters may also improve an existing Active skill or skill group by 1.
The cost for improving a skill is the character's next skill rating x 2. For example, if a character wants to improve her Pistols from 4 to 5, the cost is 5 x 2, or 10 Karma. The cost for improving a skill group is the improved rating x 5. For example, improving the Firearms skill group from 4 to 5 is 5 x 5, or 25 Karma.
Improving a Knowledge or Language skill is half the cost of improving an Active skill: the Karma cost equals the improved skill rating.Characters can only improve skills or skill groups to a maximum of 6, unless they already possess the Aptitude quality for a skill. (Sorry, you can't acquire Aptitude at the same time you try to improve above the maximum.) If a character raises a skill above 6 through Aptitude, the Karma cost doubles.
Skill Groups: If a character improves any skill in a skill group individually instead of improving the group, the remaining skills are treated as individual skills with individual levels from that point - in other words, the skill group no longer exists.

cryptoknight
January 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
After adding a contact, when I got to edit them, the base data for the contact type should be in the edit box, not automatically appended onto the contact.

i.e. I started entering my NYC Missions character, and I have Peace Man who is a fixer. So I add a fixer and it defaults in all the Fixer stuff... I then go to edit the description for Peace Man and put in his data. These two shouldn't be combined. Otherwise customizing an existing fixer contact just makes it too long.

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
The "Skill Groups may be broken up" optional rule only changes the way skill groups work during character creation - it does not affect how they work during advancement.

You should be able to simply use "Increase Active Skill" and choose one of the skills in that group - that will also break the group, as stated in the rule you quoted.

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
If you don't want the description text from the book for your contact, you can start from the "-Custom Contact-" option at the top of the list. That one won't add any pre-generated description text to what you type.

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 07:21 PM
There appear to be some errors reported when you break a group during advancement that it shouldn't be reporting - I'm looking into those.

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM
There was an error being reported that shouldn't have been reported when you advanced a skill that was in a group, and once you added that advancement, it was still allowing you to add an advancement to the group. I've gotten those fixed for the next update. Thanks for pointing me towards those errors, cryptoknight.

cryptoknight
January 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
If you don't want the description text from the book for your contact, you can start from the "-Custom Contact-" option at the top of the list. That one won't add any pre-generated description text to what you type.

Sure, but what if you want the pre-generated stuff, but then want to customize it a bit? :)

Mathias
January 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Sure, but what if you want the pre-generated stuff, but then want to customize it a bit? :)

You could open the editor long enough to make a copy of that contact, and copy the text from that, then paste that as the description text of your custom contact and edit it from there.

thedarkelf007
January 28th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Not sure if it was reported, but I tried to buy a new active skill advance, and it only gave me the trait/ability list to select from.

I can work around this with unlocking the character. But this is not preferred.

Mathias
January 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Not sure if it was reported, but I tried to buy a new active skill advance, and it only gave me the trait/ability list to select from.

I can work around this with unlocking the character. But this is not preferred.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying here. Could you re-phrase, please? What exactly are you seeing? What are you expecting to see? What circumstances do I need to set up in order to see this?

thedarkelf007
January 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Create any legal character.

Keep at least one skill without ranks in it to advance.

Switch over to the advances tab.

Lock character creation.

Add new advancement.

Gain a new active skill.

The selection window for this advancement provides a list of traits and abilities when it should be showing a list of active skills.

Mathias
January 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Create any legal character.

Keep at least one skill without ranks in it to advance.

Switch over to the advances tab.

Lock character creation.

Add new advancement.

Gain a new active skill.

The selection window for this advancement provides a list of traits and abilities when it should be showing a list of active skills.

Could you email me a portfolio that shows this, please? I just tried opening the Street Shaman pre-generated character that's in Hero Lab, locked the character for advancement, and added the "Gain a new Active Skill" option, and I see the expected list of active skills to choose from, and nothing else.

My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com

DarthME
January 29th, 2012, 03:19 AM
I tried to recreate this as well for you but was unable to.

Ver 3.9a of HL with 1.17 of SR files

I created a new 400BP character from scratch. I saved the .por I went to the advances tab and locked the character. I "Gain a new active skill" and chose dodge from the list of skills. I saved the .por again. I re-opend the .por and "Gain a new active skill" and chose automatics from the list.

So it seemed to work ok for me as well. Not sure if this help, but I figured I'd let you know.

cryptoknight
January 29th, 2012, 06:53 AM
When adding Fake Licenses to a Fake SIN, the licenses cause a validation fail, no matter what I type in for the line to describe the license.

Concealed Carry * Domain must be specified
Heavy Pistols * Domain must be specified

nylanfs
January 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I'm getting the same error when I create a new identity with the latest version.

Click on "Add New Identity" > Add Fake Sin > Add Fake License > Name License

Gives validation error.

Mathias
January 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Is this license error in creation mode or advancement mode? That's always important to say when you're reporting a bug in these files, because the gear mechanisms change a lot when you switch modes.

Peter Smith
January 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Is this license error in creation mode or advancement mode? That's always important to say when you're reporting a bug in these files, because the gear mechanisms change a lot when you switch modes.

I'm able to duplicate it in Advancement Mode.

cryptoknight
January 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM
It's in advancement mode.

Mathias
January 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
When adding a new license, are you renaming the item, using the box that spans the width of the purchase form, or are you filling in the item-specific details - that box is below the item name's box, next to the rating.

Getting all items to not let you leave that form until you've filled in the item-specific details is something that's on the to-do list.

cryptoknight
January 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think I see the problem. When in advancement mode, if I add a fake license to an existing SIN purchased in creation mode, the box that's normally there during character creation to type in the thing the license is for, is missing.

If I then edit the fake license, I can enter the name, but the text box that's normally there during creation isn't the same one.

Mathias
January 29th, 2012, 10:17 AM
When you add a fake license in advancement mode, there should be two boxes for you to use to enter text on the item purchase form.

The top one is to rename the item - in creation mode, you would get to that by right-clicking the item and choosing "Edit Name of..." (edit name also works in advancement mod).

The one below it is the same as the text-entry box you'd see in the item's display if you had added that item during creation mode.

The lower one is the one you want to fill out before you leave the item purchase form (because there's no way to open that form again after you press OK).

(Just to double-check, we're talking about the fake license, not the real license, right? - there was a bug in the real license that will be fixed in the next update - it wasn't even opening the item purchase form).

cryptoknight
January 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Ok,

I go to to social on a character in advance.
Click the Edit this Gear button
Under licenses and fake SINS I press Add Licenses and Fake Sins
I click Fake License and select a rating (4)
If I Customize it on that page I can enter a Fake License Domain
If I don't I come back to the Edit Identity page and I don't have a box to enter the domain for the fake license.

However,

If during character creation, I follow the same workflow, when I get back to the Edit Identity screen, the License is sitting there with a box next to it for me to enter the domain of the fake license.

Mathias
January 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ok,

I go to to social on a character in advance.
Click the Edit this Gear button
Under licenses and fake SINS I press Add Licenses and Fake Sins
I click Fake License and select a rating (4)
If I Customize it on that page I can enter a Fake License Domain
If I don't I come back to the Edit Identity page and I don't have a box to enter the domain for the fake license.

However,

If during character creation, I follow the same workflow, when I get back to the Edit Identity screen, the License is sitting there with a box next to it for me to enter the domain of the fake license.

This is as intended - during creation, you can re-open items to change your mind about exactly what you bought a license for or alter ratings if you need to save a few nuyen or have a few nuyen to spare.

During advancement, you purchased a "Fake License: Concealed Carry Permit", rating 3, and it will always be a concealed carry permit at that rating. You can't change that to a "Fake License: Hunting License", rating 2 unless you sell the concealed carry permit and purchase a hunting license. You've already spent nuyen on the fake permit, so it's no longer edit-able.

cryptoknight
January 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I understand the need for that, but if you make a mistake, or tpyo something and want to correct it, you're prohibited from doing so.

Anacher
February 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM
So I'm trying to add a pilot to a drone.

If I try and obtain it for free, it seems to add correctly, but it gives me validation errors on Starting Resources BP, Resource overspent. Getting one for free, selling it (so the drone gets money), and rebuying it gets the same result.

I'm in advancement mode, so it seems like adding a pilot to a drone is still being added to the Starting resources calculation.

In further testing, it looks like adding any equipment to the drone is still adding to the starting resources calculation (I purchased a comm-link for the drone, and the same error came up.

cryptoknight
February 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I tried to add an Ingram Smartgun-X to my character.

When I do, and click customize, it lists the following mods as integral.
Folding Stock
Gas Vent-2
Smartgun system Internal
Sound Suppressor

The validation report immediately tells me I have the Sound Suppressor twice. Except I didn't add it, and I don't see in the editor why it validates this way.

Mathias
February 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I tried to add an Ingram Smartgun-X to my character.

When I do, and click customize, it lists the following mods as integral.
Folding Stock
Gas Vent-2
Smartgun system Internal
Sound Suppressor

The validation report immediately tells me I have the Sound Suppressor twice. Except I didn't add it, and I don't see in the editor why it validates this way.

This is a bug I had already found myself. It'll be fixed in the next update, but thanks for reporting it.

cryptoknight
February 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Not sure exactly what should be done here, but theoretically at least I could buy an Ingram Smartgun - X and remove the Gas vent 2 and replace it with say Gas Vent 3.

Mathias
February 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Not sure exactly what should be done here, but theoretically at least I could buy an Ingram Smartgun - X and remove the Gas vent 2 and replace it with say Gas Vent 3.

Under the core rulebook rules, you can't uninstall gas-vent once it's been installed, but once Arsenal is available, the pre-installed gas-vent will have an installed/not-installed checkbox, and you can use the weapon mod rules there to replace it.

Mathias
February 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
So I'm trying to add a pilot to a drone.

If I try and obtain it for free, it seems to add correctly, but it gives me validation errors on Starting Resources BP, Resource overspent. Getting one for free, selling it (so the drone gets money), and rebuying it gets the same result.

I'm in advancement mode, so it seems like adding a pilot to a drone is still being added to the Starting resources calculation.

In further testing, it looks like adding any equipment to the drone is still adding to the starting resources calculation (I purchased a comm-link for the drone, and the same error came up.

Thanks for reporting this. This turned out to be the tip of the iceberg for problems relating to purchasing gear on a vehicle, but I think I've gotten them all sorted out for the next update.

CeaDawg
February 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Container modifications on Cyberware are not being recognized as containers.
Steps:
Create a hero
Select Weapons Tab
Add a holdout pistol, a light pistol, and a heavy pistol to the hero
Select Augmentation Tab
Select Add New Cyberware
Select Cyber Arm (Obvious), the essence capacity is 15
Click Customize
Select off hand or main hand
select Cyber Arm Slide, this is a container. It shows on the item as a container, but on the list of containers it does not appear, nor does it appear as an option for placing a pistol when you click on the container button on each of the pistols.

The Hidden Gun Arm Slide does work as a container for placing the pistols into, but it does not produce a validation error if you place more than one pistol in it.

Anacher
February 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for reporting this. This turned out to be the tip of the iceberg for problems relating to purchasing gear on a vehicle, but I think I've gotten them all sorted out for the next update.

Glad I could help. :)

Erich
February 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Is there anyway to get a spirt to print out on the character portfolio with the number of services owed?

Thanks

-Erich

Erich
February 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hi,
I think I may have found a couple of bugs.

1. Taking the first level of sinner gives the character a point of notoriety. This is only supposed to hapen with a criminal sin.

2. The program is giving a validation error when I try to buy and equip a sustaining focus. I get the error "You must choose an option", but I there is no option to choose.

-Erich

Mathias
February 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
2. The program is giving a validation error when I try to buy and equip a sustaining focus. I get the error "You must choose an option", but I there is no option to choose.

Are you encountering this in creation mode or advancement mode?

Erich
February 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich

Are you encountering this in creation mode or advancement mode?

Advancement mode.

Mathias
February 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
When you're in advancement mode, be careful to purchase new items by double-clicking them or by using the Customize button (avoid using the add button and the add & close button) - once you've paid for it, you can't change the rating or specify details - the rating and the details might affect how much you were supposed to have paid for the item.

You'll have to sell that sustaining focus for full price and purchase a new one - while you're purchasing it, you'll be able to select whether it's for combat spells, detection spells, etc.

nylanfs
February 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Erich, it's not giving me a point of notoriety when I select SINner rank one (non-criminal)

Click on customize when buying the focus. Next to the rating there's a drop-down where you select the type of spells it sustains.

Mathias
February 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
The calculation of the Full Parry dice pool appears to be wrong; it seems to count Reaction twice for the total instead of just once.

Found in the pregenerated characters Bounty Hunter, Enforcer, Street Samurai.

I've gotten this fixed for the next update. Thanks for reporting it.

Mathias
February 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Container modifications on Cyberware are not being recognized as containers.
Steps:
Create a hero
Select Weapons Tab
Add a holdout pistol, a light pistol, and a heavy pistol to the hero
Select Augmentation Tab
Select Add New Cyberware
Select Cyber Arm (Obvious), the essence capacity is 15
Click Customize
Select off hand or main hand
select Cyber Arm Slide, this is a container. It shows on the item as a container, but on the list of containers it does not appear, nor does it appear as an option for placing a pistol when you click on the container button on each of the pistols.

The Hidden Gun Arm Slide does work as a container for placing the pistols into, but it does not produce a validation error if you place more than one pistol in it.

I've added the cyber arm slide to my to do list, thanks for reporting it.

I'm sorry to say that strict enforcement of what can and can't go into every possible container is a very low priority on my to-do list. Considering the vast list of possible items in Shadowrun, it's hard to write all those restictions well in Hero Lab, and some things need to be left as a judgement call for the user, as to whether something will fit in a specific container and how many will fit.

Mathias
February 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Is there anyway to get a spirt to print out on the character portfolio with the number of services owed?

Thanks

-Erich

I'm not going to get to this in time for the next update, but I've added this to my to-do list. Thanks for reporting it.