PDA

View Full Version : Help! New User!

antigoth
September 21st, 2011, 11:41 PM
Hi, I just purchased the authoring kit today, and have VERY little programming experience but would like to start tooling around with this to get the hang of it.(I learn pretty well from experience) I'd like to put in my own game system...the problem being that the "Create New Game System" option is greyed out! Not sure if I just need to reload HeroLab or what...any help would be much appreciated.

chiefweasel
September 22nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
What game system are you looking to create? and is it a D20 based system or something different?

Is the auhtoring kit in a demo mode sort of thing? i think, dont quote me though, that you need to re-activate your license after purchasing a new package.

antigoth
September 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
So I reactivated my license but the Create New Game system is still grayed out. Any other ideas?

(also, the system i'll be creating is not d20 based, gonna be a dice pool system)

Mathias
September 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Is everything else on the Develop menu greyed out too (except the top option, "Enable Data File Debugging")? If that's the case, enable it.

Here's the Authoring Kit wiki page: http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index.php5/Home
You'll want to follow the process that's described in the Authoring Examples section...Savage Worlds Walkthrough.