PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reports - Version 1.8

Mathias
September 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, there are a few things that we weren't able to finish in time for the initial release;
Combat

Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.

Magic

Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)

Matrix & Technomancers

AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
Active/Passive/Hidden mode

Vehicles & Drones

Statistics for Vehicles
Rigging & Jumping In
Pilot Programs, Agents and IC

NPCs & Critters

Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
Group/Professional RatingCritters

Miscellaneous

Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
Toxin/Disease Resistances
Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
Attribute-Only tests (Composure, Judge Intentions, Lifting & Carrying, Memory)
Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyles

There's no need to report any of those issues in this thread, but if you come across anything else, please report them here, and we'll address them as soon as we can.

CeaDawg
September 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
During play, when Intuition is increased via the advancement tab, an error is generated by the validation routine that alerts you to having unspent knowledge & language BP. All free K&L BP were spent during creation phase, so the validation script is not seeing the skills locked out of the creation mode, even though the UI shows that the K&L window is locked to the advancement tab.

CeaDawg
September 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I'm entering the history and advancements of a very old character, an elf that dates back to SR 1. I hit a point in entering her advancements and metamagics that the list of metamagics is now below the bottom of the window, and there is no scroll function on that window. I have more metamagics powers to enter and advancements as well. If I enter one more advancement, the title bar for metamagics will be below the bottom of the window as well.

On a related note, the entry for the metamagic advancement does not let me choose whether this is a group or self initiation, which would change the karma cost of the initiation. Other than making an entry in the notes it does not let me choose the type of initiation; this may be a good thing as it allows for a more individualized initiation.

Mathias
September 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
On a related note, the entry for the metamagic advancement does not let me choose whether this is a group or self initiation, which would change the karma cost of the initiation. Other than making an entry in the notes it does not let me choose the type of initiation; this may be a good thing as it allows for a more individualized initiation.

Self/Group initiation costs are not a Core Rulebook rule - this will be added when the rest of Street Magic is added.

For the meantime, I'll add a Karma Cost adjustment to the Permanent Adjustments table that can alter the cost of the things you've added on the advances table.

CeaDawg
September 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
This is to affect the K&L BP error, or the initiation issues, or both? I'm guessing from the response to the HL:SR & Initiation thread that it affects all of the above.

Mathias
September 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I quoted the portion of your posts I've responded to. The rest won't be as quick to deal with, and I like to deal with bug reports as a batch, and since I'm currently concentrating on Sprites, I'm not ready to deal with that batch yet.

CeaDawg
September 26th, 2011, 01:37 PM
NP. The wording of your response looked like it might be a workable temporary solution to the problem I reported about the knowledge & Language build point error as well. That's what I get for not knowing how to punch code.

nylanfs
September 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Made a custom Bulldog Stepvan, and couldn't add a sensor package to it (purchased a better pilot program and everything). So purchased a Sensor Package & Vehicle heavily modified it, but couldn't add it to the Step Van even though it was a container.

Mathias
September 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I apologize, but there ended up being a bit of a rush on the 1.8 update, and I didn't get a chance to address the bug reports before it was time to publish the update. I'll get them for the 1.10 update.

Mathias
September 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Made a custom Bulldog Stepvan, and couldn't add a sensor package to it (purchased a better pilot program and everything). So purchased a Sensor Package & Vehicle heavily modified it, but couldn't add it to the Step Van even though it was a container.

Please note that vehicles are listed among the unfinished items in the first post of this thread. Until vehicles are finished, any errors reported about them will not help me, since these reports are about the placeholders, not about the final versions.

nylanfs
September 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry, first time I have made a really customized vehicle so had forgotten that you hadn't finished them.

CeaDawg
October 3rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
Bug? or Feature request? In the personal tab, it does not allow you to set the character age below 15. There are several NPCs in the various missions modules, Dusk to name one, that have influential npcs who are much younger than 15. Like Udo for example is an 8 year old ork boy.

Matt Droz
October 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Somehow missed this until just now.

The Adept Power Mystic Armor is counting towards the Encumberance factor with stacked armors. Shouldn't it be like the Troll's Natural Armor?

The Wayfarer
October 19th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Noticed that when purchasing drones there seems to be no way to change the device rating which defaults to 1. From SR4 rulebook drones should default to a Device Rating of 3.

Also can't rename a drone or item without erasing what type of item it is.

Would also like to see an option for skill rank equations when viewing the character sheet. It its there I haven't been able to find it.

Mathias
October 19th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Wayfarer - please re-read the first post in this thread - vehicles are not finished yet, so I'm afraid that error reports about their placeholders won't help in making the final versions.

Could you expand on what you mean by "skill rank equations", please?

Mathias
October 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Wayfinder. I'll keep that in mind for future updates. I've moved that post over to the feature requests thread.

null_void
October 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I took a look through the forum posts and also the Shadowrun errata site, just in case I was wrong about this one, but I haven't seen anything (feel free to let me know if I've missed something somewhere).

It looks like HeroLab adds a +1000 nuyen surcharge to commlinks as headware. Isn't it supposed to be +2000 (p. 339 of the 20th anniversary book)?

Mathias
October 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
During play, when Intuition is increased via the advancement tab, an error is generated by the validation routine that alerts you to having unspent knowledge & language BP. All free K&L BP were spent during creation phase, so the validation script is not seeing the skills locked out of the creation mode, even though the UI shows that the K&L window is locked to the advancement tab.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Mathias
October 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I'm entering the history and advancements of a very old character, an elf that dates back to SR 1. I hit a point in entering her advancements and metamagics that the list of metamagics is now below the bottom of the window, and there is no scroll function on that window. I have more metamagics powers to enter and advancements as well. If I enter one more advancement, the title bar for metamagics will be below the bottom of the window as well.

Mathias
October 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Bug? or Feature request? In the personal tab, it does not allow you to set the character age below 15. There are several NPCs in the various missions modules, Dusk to name one, that have influential npcs who are much younger than 15. Like Udo for example is an 8 year old ork boy.

I've expanded them to minimum 4 years old, maximum 9999 years old for the next update (just in case you've come up with an exact set of dates for the last mana spike and know what year your dragon/ancient elf was born in). Thanks for the report.

Mathias
October 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Somehow missed this until just now.

The Adept Power Mystic Armor is counting towards the Encumberance factor with stacked armors. Shouldn't it be like the Troll's Natural Armor?

I'm afraid I can't duplicate this issue. I added a troll adept with mystic armor 5 and an armor jacket, and the encumbrance is listed as 8/12.

Mathias
October 20th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I took a look through the forum posts and also the Shadowrun errata site, just in case I was wrong about this one, but I haven't seen anything (feel free to let me know if I've missed something somewhere).

It looks like HeroLab adds a +1000 nuyen surcharge to commlinks as headware. Isn't it supposed to be +2000 (p. 339 of the 20th anniversary book)?

nylanfs
October 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
But what if my Immortal Elf was born BEFORE the last mana spike? :) Thanks Mathias

Matt Droz
October 25th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this issue. I added a troll adept with mystic armor 5 and an armor jacket, and the encumbrance is listed as 8/12.

It's not doing it now... Right! Good job guys! :D

SunRunner
November 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Found a bug.

On page 163 of the SR4 20th rule book in the acid damage section it states that the chemical protection armor upgrade adds its full rating to the armor value, much like insulation or fire resistance upgrades add their rating when resisting cold or fire damage. Currently if your purchase the chemical protection upgrade it does not add its rating to the acid resistance test pool in the impact armor section where it lists your damage resistance rolls by damage type.