PDA

View Full Version : Creating new weapon specializations

LooseCannon
August 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Background:
When creating a new melee weapon, selection of the "generic" skill Clubs or Blades (the ones without a more specific follow-on descriptor) will not show the associated dice pool values for those skills on the character's Weapons tab (or other data displays that show weapons).

Recreation steps:
1.) Create a new portfolio, click on the Active tab, then click "Add New Skill". Select "Blades" from the popup menu, then click "Add & Close".

2.) Using the Editor, create a new melee item, such as the Spear from Arsenal, under the Skill/Specialty button, select "Blades" from the pop-up menu. Click "Save" and then click "Test Now!".

3.) Click back to the main Hero Lab window, select the "Weapons" tab. Click "Add New Weapons" and select your newly created Spear entry. Click "Add & Close". Examine the dice pool value shown for the weapon on the same tab. It should be a "-" as if there is no associated skill for the weapon.

Other Thoughts:
If you go back and select Blades (Knives) it will show with the proper skill - but that seems off, as a spear clearly != a knife. Also, the specialization of knives should not really apply to spears I'd think. Thanks for looking into this and keep up the really great work. I'm very much enjoying the software.

LooseCannon
August 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Added additional details to the recreation steps section.

Mathias
September 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry to say that there are some pieces missing in the editor, and I don't have enough time to get them fixed for the 1.4 update. Once I get them fixed, this can be thr thread on how to create new weapons that need new skill specialties created first.