PDA

View Full Version : d20 Release 1.7 Testing and Intergration...

ShadowChemosh
August 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Release 1.7 - March 31, 2012

Enhancements & Changes

Adjustments - Added new Damage Reduction adjustment. (Bodrin)
Bodrin's Custom Stuff - Added new magic rings: Ring of Charisma +2,+4, and +6. (Bodrin)
Complete Psionics - Added all the missing feats. (Sendric)
Complete Psionics - Added missing race Synad. (Sendric)
Expanded Psionics Handbook (linked to d20 SRD Psionics Support) - Added monsters from Expanded Psionics Handbook: Githzerai, Psionic and Thri-Kreen. (Sendric)
Players Handbook - Added new Spell Adjustments: Aid, Bless, Bulls Strength, Divine Favor, Divine Power, Enlarge Person, Foresight, and Good Hope. (Bodrin)
Spell Compendium - Completed all the Domains so that they correctly grant the Domain Spells. (Travis W. Peterson)

Bug Fixes

Cityscape - Fixed some of the feats. (Sendric)
Complete Adventure - Modified feats to resolve feat duplication errors: Goad, Improved Flight, Open Minded. (Sendric)
Complete Divine - Modified Consecrate Spell to replace version from Book of Exalted Deeds and added source to fix duplication error. (Sendric)
Complete Divine - Fixed the Reach Spell Metamagic to validate against the Reach Spell feat not the Rapid Spell feat. (Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer)
Complete Arcane - Modified Nonlethal Substitution to replace version from Book of Exalted Deeds and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
Complete Psionics - Fixed Lurk Augment class feature to properly display in specials tab. (Sendric)
Complete Warrior - Modified feats to fix duplicate entry issues (Clever Wrestling, Close-Quarters Fighting, Improved Toughness). (Sendric)
Dragon Compendium - Modified Favored Power Attack to replace the version from Complete Warrior and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
Libris Mortis - Modified to fix duplicate feat entries (Quicken Turning, Sacred Vengeance). (Sendric)
Lords of Madness - Modified Wild Talent feat to replace original one and added d20 Psionics source. This fixes the minor error that Wild Talent was showing up twice in the feat list when Lords of Madness was selected as a source. (Sendric)
Monster Manual - Fixed a minor issue that validates higher INT scores for Paladin Mounts and Arcane Familiars. Fixed a bug that was increasing saving throws for races without hit dice incorrectly. (Sendric)
Monster Manual - Untagged all the Animal Companions and Familiars from the Monster Manual 1 source. This fixes the issue where a Paladin or Wizard couldn't select their Animal until the Monster Manual book was check marked. (ShadowChemosh)
Races of Stone - Modified Improved Weapon Familiarity to replace the version from Complete Warrior, and added source. This fixes a feat duplication error. (Sendric)
Races of the Wild - Modified feats to correct duplicate feat entries (Flick of the Wrist, Plunging Shot). (Sendric)
Storm Wrack - Fixed sourcing problems. Modified Clever Wrestling to replace version from Complete Warrior. Added Complete Warrior and Draconomicon as sources. (Sendric)

Data File Authoring

Custom - Races Core Mods.user - Added Race tags for psionic races (Dromite, Elan, Half-Giant, Maenad, Xeph). (Sendric)
MM - Compiled.user - Added Duergar race tag. (Sendric)
Blank .user Files - Will now be removed from the end-gamers systems. This is a new feature of HL v3.7.(ShadowChemosh)
Release Notes page now included in the data set. This .html file is stored in the d20 data folder with the name ~ Lawful_G_d20 Release Notes.htm. (ShadowChemosh)

ShadowChemosh
August 22nd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Current To-Do List for 1.7
Anyone that has free time plz grab one of the following issues:

Anyone have time to double check the new script for Natural Bond (http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost.php?p=57388&postcount=6)?
For myself I have plans to put in a more stable Source control so that we don't have to worry about having a header source in one of the .user files removed.

Anyone have anything I can add to what they have plans for 1.7???

bodrin
August 22nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Current To-Do List for 1.7
Anyone that has free time plz grab one of the following issues:

Anyone have time to double check the new script for Natural Bond (http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost.php?p=57388&postcount=6)?
For myself I have plans to put in a more stable Source control so that we don't have to worry about having a header source in one of the .user files removed.

Anyone have anything I can add to what they have plans for 1.7???

I'll have a quick natural bond perusal in a moment!

At 08:46 GMT

The tidier Natural bond script functions but it still displays Pre-Requisite errors if not applied in a certain order! Curious. I've changed the priority to first / 497 to match the originals script.

bodrin
September 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I've uploaded my spell adjustments file to dropbox.
I'll add to the file contents at a later date currently it contains the majority of my players favourite buff spells!
So it's still a work in progress. V1.0

ShadowChemosh
September 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Heavy Horse and Monster Manual Source (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14009).

Maybe we should think about making the Horses, dogs and some other common animals not be source check marked as they are pretty standard.

bodrin
September 22nd, 2011, 03:56 AM
Heavy Horse and Monster Manual Source (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14009).

Maybe we should think about making the Horses, dogs and some other common animals not be source check marked as they are pretty standard.

Makes sense

Sendric
October 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Added some files to the 1.7 dropbox that fulfill requirements for the Complete Psionics Feats file that I'm working on. Mostly this includes race tags for already created races, but it also includes a file for monster races from the Expanded Psionics Handbook. This file isn't comprehensive at this time as it only includes those races needed for the feats.

ShadowChemosh
October 25th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks.

Did notice that this morning. Now that Lawful_G abandoned us things are going a little slow. :p :(

Sendric
October 26th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Haha...well, hopefully his abandonment will mean fixes for the d20 system. That tradeoff might be worth it. :) Now that I'm feeling rested for the first time in 10 months, I'm going to work on this more. I can't match Lawful's production, but hopefully I can provide a little something.

Aaron
October 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Abandonment is such a harsh word guys. :(

Sendric
October 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM
We kid because we care. :)

Sendric
December 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Just an fyi, I am still working on the Complete Psionics feats. I am a little over half way done in terms of the number of feats (of which there are over 100). There's more work involved than I initially thought since many of them require work outside of the feats file (such as races, class abilities, etc). Some of it was already done, some of it wasn't. Hopefully the second half won't take as long as the first half.

Update 2/23/12: Will be done with a working version tomorrow, and will add all the necessary files to the dropbox folder. I am also looking at some bugs in other files that include duplicate feat entries and sourcing issues. I will add these as well, and provide notes here on what I did to each file.

Sendric
February 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Haven't quite finished with some of the bug fixing, but I made a drop. I will attempt to address these early next week, but if you want to start moving with the 1.7 release, don't let me hold you up, Shadow. Here's what I've done with the files that were affected:

New files:
CPsi - Feats (adds all feats from Complete Psionics)
CPsi - Races (adds Synad race)
ExPsHB - Monsters (adds Githyanki, psionic and Githzerai, psionic)

Files with small modifications to work with feats:
Custom - Races Core mods (Added Race tags for psionic races (Dromite, Elan, Half-Giant, Maenad, Xeph)
MM - Compiled (Added Duergar race tag)

Bug fixes:
CPsi - Classes (Lurk Augment class feature was not displaying in specials tab ; Powers from mantles not being assigned to Divine Mind)
MM - Creature types Compiled (Races without racial hit dice had incorrect saving throws; fixed minor sourcing issue; fixed validation error to allow higher INT scores for Paladin Mounts and Arcane Familiars)

Files modified to fix sourcing issue:
Swrack - Armor
Swrack - Feats
Swrack - Races
Swrack - Scarlet Corsairs
Swrack - Weapons

Files modified to fix duplicate feat entries:
CAdv - Feats (Goad, Improved Flight, Open Minded)
CScape - Feats (Sculpt Spell, Urban Tracking)
CDiv - Feats (Consecrate Spell, Practiced Spellcaster, Spell Focus: Good, Transdimensional Spell)
CPsi - Feats (Focused Shield, Invest Armor)
CWar - Feats (Clever Wrestling, Close-Quarters Fighting, Improved Toughness)
Complete Arcane Compile (Nonlethal Substitution)
DrComp - Feats (Favored Power Attack)
Libris Mortis - Feats (Quicken Turning, Sacred Vengeance)
LoM - Feats (Wild Talent)
RoS - Feats (Improved Weapon Familiarity)
RotW - Feats (Flick of the Wrist, Plunging Shot)
Swrack - Feats (Clever Wrestling, Storm Magic)

Note that in most cases, priority was given to the feat from the most recently published book. Exception: Improved Toughness (description from CWar was better)

The following feat was left unchanged despite a duplicate entry: Sacred Healing. This is because the two versions are different.

The following feat was left unchanged despite duplicate entries: Improved Familar. This is because the two new versions present different options than the original.

Update: Finished the duplicate feat issues except as noted above. It's possible I may have missed some, but I think the majority of them should be ok now.

ShadowChemosh
February 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Update: Finished the duplicate feat issues except as noted above. It's possible I may have missed some, but I think the majority of them should be ok now.
Sweet!

Just a bump to say I did see this and I really do have plans as soon as I can to get this out. Just I am currently working for 3 clients that have issues. So its 7 days a week. Then last week stupid Vista laptop decided that 5 to 15 minutes after I VPNed into a clients network it would BLUE SCREEN!

Couldn't fix it and had to reload windows from scratch. God takes 5,000 reboots to reinstall all the little patches/fixes. :(

TehBagder
February 28th, 2012, 04:11 PM
If you guys ever make it to Origins, I've got beers with your names on them. Thanks for doing all of the work on this you do.

ShadowChemosh
March 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Project frozen, as of March 31, 2012 @ 1pm CST, do not change/add to the drop box folder.

I am starting the merge into the main data set at this time. Wish me luck. =)

ShadowChemosh
March 31st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Anyone want to take credit for adding all the new Spell Compendium Domains in "Spell Comp Domains.user" file?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Update: I found the email from a Travis. Now I just have to figure out his Forum User ID. ;)

ShadowChemosh
April 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM
I sent v1.7 off to Cheifweasel for hosting. So should be soon that new release is out.

ShadowChemosh
April 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I sent v1.7 off to Cheifweasel for hosting. So should be soon that new release is out.
Hmmm chiefweasel is strangely very quite?????

ShadowChemosh
April 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hmmm chiefweasel is strangely very quite?????
Anyone heard from Chiefweasel? I am still getting now answer. :(

Sendric
April 6th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Doesn't look like he's posted in several days. Hopefully its not indicative of any problems and he's just been busy.

RavenX
April 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
We all get rather busy at times. Family, friends, campaigns we run or play in, jobs, school at night, coding, etc. There are a lot of reasons he might not be around or answering, just give it time. I personally am not answering messages regarding my "side" projects right now as I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

ShadowChemosh
April 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
We all get rather busy at times. Family, friends, campaigns we run or play in, jobs, school at night, coding, etc. There are a lot of reasons he might not be around or answering, just give it time. I personally am not answering messages regarding my "side" projects right now as I have a lot on my plate at the moment.
He answered and put up 1.7 last week. Its just "very" strange for him to do usually he is right on top of stuff. :)

bodrin
April 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Agreed. Sometimes you get slapped in the face with a huge event that makes you realise how little time you have.:(

ShadowChemosh
April 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Agreed. Sometimes you get slapped in the face with a huge event that makes you realise how little time you have.:(
You lie! Its simply not true. One should be dedicating all free time to Hero Lab! :eek:

I just wanted to point out that I was more worried then like upset with anyone. Cause normally he is really quick. So was wondering if anyone had heard anything good or bad was all..... :(