PDA

View Full Version : Poverty still does not reduce starting funds

Praetor
August 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM
While i see Rich will increase starting funds, I see Poverty still does not reduce starting funds. Is there a way to correct this.

Also is there a way to change the default starting funds for a particular sataset from 500 with a mechanic?

ghostman
February 24th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I, too, am trying to customize and use funds.. All I have found is the Rich edge which multiplies the starting funds - how do I seed that number my self?
Thanks!

zarlor
February 24th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Holy thread necromancy, Batman! I think the original problem was long since fixed, so examples that modify starting funds would be Rich and Very Rich in Edges and Poverty in Hindrances. Some settings also start with different starting funds and you might download and look at one of the datasets of one of those for some examples.

However, what specifically are you trying to do?

SeeleyOne
February 24th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Changing starting money is easy. In the editor make a mechanic, have it unique, and link it to your source.

Then in the Eval Script

Phase Setup
Priority 4000

trustme
herofield[acCashCfg].value = 100000000

Change the value of 100000000 to whatever you want it to be.

zarlor
February 25th, 2014, 05:49 AM
SeeleyOne's all too right, I probably should have pointed that out. Let us know if that's all you needed or if you are looking to do something more specific you'd like help with.

ghostman
February 25th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Specifically what I am doing, is I am helping with the Agents of Oblivion file. Loadout (gear, equipment, spytech, spy devices) is set by a derived trait "Resource Points".

I am setting all the spytech, perks, etc to a cost that is reflective of the resource points.

This way, the agents 'money' is resource points.

Resource points are 3+rank (novice = 1). Default novice agent gets 4 points or 'funds' or dollars or sheckels or whatever.

And I merely did a search to revive this thread - that's what search is for, right?

The eval script I am playing with: (where trAORP is the derived trait of Resource Points)

trustme
herofield[acCashCfg].value = [trAORP]