PDA

View Full Version : Sundered Skies

tatteredking
July 13th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Just putting this out there. I have almost completed the Sundered Skies file. It's no where near perfect as there are certain things I can't figure out how to do, but it is better than nothing.

Grimmshade
July 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Sweet! I would gladly accept a copy.
I really want to thank you guys who are working on these files. They will make Hero Labs actually useful to people like me. I was really regretting my Savage Worlds Hero Lab purchase, but now its becoming a good resource thanks to your work.

CapedCrusader
July 16th, 2011, 02:07 AM
What other Settings are you playing?

Grimmshade
July 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
What other Settings are you playing?

I'm playing Weird War 2, Fantasy Companion, Thrilling Tales (& Pulp Toolkit), and Slipstream at the moment.
All with Savage Worlds Deluxe, of course.

tatteredking
July 19th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Heya Grimmshade. Am working out some bugs in the file right now, but will definitely get you a copy.

Grimmshade
July 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Heya Grimmshade. Am working out some bugs in the file right now, but will definitely get you a copy.

Thanks man!

tatteredking
July 28th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Dear Gods....entering in the weapons....having to make seven copies of each weapon is BORING. And I just failed my Spirit check.

rob
July 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM
CapedCrusader is on point now for getting the Savage Worlds data files significantly overhauled, and he's making great progress. He's also on point for most forum questions about doing X or adding Y. However, this last post really grabbed my attention....

I don't anything about the Sundered Skies setting, so forgive my ignorance, but what is compelling you to make SEVEN copies of each weapon? I'm guessing there's a much easier way of doing this, so please explain.

tatteredking
July 29th, 2011, 02:50 AM
CapedCrusader is on point now for getting the Savage Worlds data files significantly overhauled, and he's making great progress. He's also on point for most forum questions about doing X or adding Y. However, this last post really grabbed my attention....

I don't anything about the Sundered Skies setting, so forgive my ignorance, but what is compelling you to make SEVEN copies of each weapon? I'm guessing there's a much easier way of doing this, so please explain.

In sundered skies, steel is at a premium, so weapons are often made of lesser materials...gold, silver, lead, wood, bone, stone, bronze. As the Savage Worlds files don't offer an easy way to add a material to a weapon, they have to be put in seven times. Each material has a different weight, a different cost, certain materials like wood and bone, tend to break, while gold and lead tend to bend.

CapedCrusader
July 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oof. Well, one of the things I'm going to be putting in is Magic Items for the Fantasy Companion. I don't know if there's going to be a component needed there for construction material like there is in the Pathfinder stuff. I'll take a look.

tatteredking
August 2nd, 2011, 04:06 AM
yeah it's cumbersome. I haven't checked the FC to see if they have materials. While it would be nice to be able to do materials, it's not necessary.

The core book is pretty much entered. I need to go over the feats again, as there are some I couldn't figure out how to make work. If anyone is wanting this file, please PM me an email and I will send it out for 'beta' testing

CapedCrusader
August 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
What's in the list of unworkable?

tatteredking
August 3rd, 2011, 02:45 AM
Allow me to compile the list and we can talk offline.

tatteredking
September 7th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I've finished the Companion file as well. The two files are somewhat integrated together. I am still having some issues with some things, but if people are interested in taking what I got, hit me up privately with your email.