PDA

View Full Version : Monster / NPC / Trap builder

Alric
March 26th, 2011, 11:44 PM
It would be nice to be able to be able to create NPCs, Traps, and Monsters with Hero Lab. Setting up encounters and skill challenges would also be handy.

Oops, I guess you can enter NPCs and Monsters, I don't know how I managed to miss that before... :(

It would be nice to be able to apply templates though.

Colen
April 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Where are templates listed? I don't think they're included in the D&D compendium, so that may not be something we can include at this point.

RavenX
April 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
The monsters I can say for certain ARE in the compendium under creatures... if HL could get those, I'd be able to run everything through the tactical console which would be awesome.

Colen
April 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Monsters are definitely on our to-do list, but they'll be a big chunk of work to implement well, so they haven't made it off the drawing board yet. We definitely want to include them in a future update. :)

Alric
April 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Where are templates listed? I don't think they're included in the D&D compendium, so that may not be something we can include at this point.

Sorry, I didn't get a notice of the reply.

The templates are in the "Customizing Monsters" section of the Dungeon Master Guide (pg 175), as well as more in the Dungeon Master Guide 2 (pg 124).

It would be nice if the monsters/npcs could access the regular character powers, rather than having to enter them in by hand.

RavenX
April 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
It would be nice if the monsters/npcs could access the regular character powers, rather than having to enter them in by hand.

seconded

RavenX
April 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Templates do not appear in the compendium, however, the Traps and Creatures are already included there. The templates are in the Dungeon Master Guide books.

Alric
April 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM

The templates aren't too complicated, perhaps you could just create the GUI and we could input (and save) the templates ourselves.