PDA

View Full Version : New update - v2.8

Colen
March 22nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hi all,

I've just updated the 4e files to version 2.8, which you can find through the updates mechanism as usual. This release fixes many bugs - please note to get most of the fixes, you'll need to re-run the downloader to grab the updated content from the Compendium.

List of v2.8 changes:

Updated the downloader to support the March compendium update.
The downloader now adds many (200+) powers, feats, etc. which were being incorrectly omitted before.
Fixed the Stormborn power of the Storm Sovereign epic destiny.
The Master Trickster gnome racial ability now adds Ghost Sound properly.
Superior daggers can now be used properly in magic weapons, and now have the correct damage listed.
Versatile weapons now add +1 to damage if wielded in both hands.
14th-level characters were giving an error if you took the correct number of encounter powers.
The character name now appears on titles in the journal printout.
The "Acolyte of Divine Secrets", "Versatile Master", and "Initiate of the Faith" feats, and "Ioun's Revelation" magic item, now correctly apply their effects.
Training a skill multiple times no longer gives a validation error if all the training was given automatically by classes, feats, etc.
You can now use the editor to create new alignments.
Paragon Paths for classes you multiclassed into now appear correctly in the list.
Magic weapon damage bonuses are now properly applied to implement powers the weapon is used with.
On the Magic tab, you can now choose to print magic items that are not printed by default (usually items with passive effects, like the Amulet of Protection).
Feats that require the Channel Divinity feature, weapon proficiencies, multiple classes, or multiple races now check for its presence properly.
The Paladin class now has to choose between the appropriate powers.

As usual, please report any problems you run into. Thanks! We should be doing another update shortly after the next compendium update.

RavenX
March 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
thanks, it imported correctly, im running the downloader now

RavenX
March 22nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I was wondering how you were going to handle the Dark Sun Wild Talents and Character Themes?

Wild Talents are a set of 10 psychic power cantrips any character from the setting can get. Personally my group always randomizes which one their characters get, but are wondering how you plan to incorporate these things into Hero Lab?

The Character Themes are an element the player chooses and allows access to new powers as well as granting the character a theme power at first level. Themes are how WOTC has gotten around some of the old classes like Templar and Gladiator, they made them into themes.

Is it possible these things would require their own special tab with pull down menus?

RavenX
March 23rd, 2011, 03:04 AM
I am not seeing the Essentials classes, were they supposed to be added with this update?

remoore2891
March 23rd, 2011, 05:51 AM
I am not seeing the Essentials classes, were they supposed to be added with this update?

+1 on this. Not to be rude, but it seems like we've been waiting for Essentials support for months now with no feedback from the developers other than hearing "it'll be in the next update" a couple of times, and then silence for the last month or so. :mad:

I was about to post something to that effect, so I'm glad I noticed this thread.

RavenX
March 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
I just updated last night as soon as it was made available. I too have been waiting on the Essentials classes. So I am wondering about this. The thief class is an essential element in any dark sun campaign.

cryptoknight
March 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Woohoo! Lots of fun here!

RavenX
March 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah always. I noticed the update took a little longer to complete. And its still missing the essentials classes but at least the downloader worked. I am hoping that its not too much trouble for the programming team to add a Dark Sun tab to cover the Themes and Wild Talents. There are only 10 wild talents and WOTC has not added them to the Compendium yet. The themes are not appearing in compendium either, but I would like them in Hero Lab as Dark Sun is my primary campaign setting now.

cryptoknight
March 25th, 2011, 03:07 AM
It picked up Essentials Paragon paths.

Somehow my Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard has this Paragon Path available to it.

Eldritch Knight
prerequisite: Only a Knight who has training in arcana may take this paragon path.

While I have training in Arcana, I'm not a knight, not even multiclassed into one.

RavenX
March 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I think it picked up more core classes oddly enough, but the essentials stuff like Hexblade is missing... and i really like the Hexblade. I'd like to put in a Hexblade Templar for dark sun... I think it would be fun to play, but I'd rather do it in Hero Lab because it takes much less time. Also makes creating my NPCs alot faster. IF they had a downloader for monsters... i'd be really happy. Then I could run everything via the tactical console.

SAbel
March 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Thank you very much Colen, great work as always and very fast turn around time! Hope you get some sleep this weekend :) LOL
it is amazing how many fixes you have in this release and updates. Lone Wolf comes through again even in the face of changing codes from month to month.