PDA

View Full Version : D&D Compendium changes - new version of downloader in progress

Colen
March 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hi all,

As of the March 15th update, the D&D Compendium made some changes, including moving Skills out of their own category and into the Glossary. This means that the downloader must be updated before it will work against the new Compendium data - old downloaders will no longer work, because Skills are now in a different place.

I'm working on a new version of the downloader now, and hope to have it available by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience!

Colen
March 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Update on this - I'm delaying this until Monday evening, so that I can spend an extra day tackling some more of the bugs from the bug reports thread. Sorry for the delay, all - hopefully it'll be worth it when it comes out. :)

RavenX
March 19th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I can live with a couple days delay for this ^_^ I can appreciate getting some bugs fixed, as can my gaming group. Thanks for all the hard work!

Maidhc O Casain
March 19th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I second what RavenX said.

I'm pretty new to the use of the downloader. Will we need to re-download to get the bug fixes, or just apply the update to HL?

Digibetus
March 20th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I second what RavenX said.

I'm pretty new to the use of the downloader. Will we need to re-download to get the bug fixes, or just apply the update to HL?

Yes, re-downloading will be needed but it will update your current data.
If there is data missing because of changes in the compendium or bugs in de downloader no update to the HL program will help fix that.

Maidhc O Casain
March 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, re-downloading will be needed but it will update your current data.
If there is data missing because of changes in the compendium or bugs in de downloader no update to the HL program will help fix that.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The bugs I'm referring to are the one's where HL isn't granting abilities/bonuses for specific feats and such. For example, I've built a Bard with the 'Acolyte of Divine Secrets' feat. HeroLab isn't giving the character any of the abilities granted by the feat (training in Religion, access to an Invoker at-will as an encounter power, or the ability to use Invoker implements).

Digibetus
March 21st, 2011, 01:01 AM
Looking at the feat in the editor it's not giving any bonuses.
It only has a description of the bonuses.
So my guess is it's not really a bug but more something that's not implemented.
If support is added for feats like this you will have to run the downloader.

As i'm a user just like you this is all an estimated guess, i can't be 100% sure.

Colen
March 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Yes, you'll need to re-run the downloader to take advantage of those bug fixes.

RavenX
March 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
I am going to rerun it this month to pick up stuff it was missing. I did not run it last month at all due to the issues you said it would have.

Samaritan
March 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Stupid question- where can I download the new version of the downloader?

RavenX
March 27th, 2011, 12:23 AM
thank you for the bug fixes
alot of the problems i had were fixed this time

Colen
April 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Stupid question- where can I download the new version of the downloader?

The new version of the downloader is always included with the updated 4e files - just download those, and the old downloader will be replaced by the new one.