PDA

View Full Version : Bug with magical Superior Impliments

Necros99
March 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
I have the latest version of Hero Labs (4e) and am up-to-date with the Compendium (downloaded Sunday evening).

I created a Human Sorcerer (lvl 10). I chose the Superior Implement Training (Accurate dagger) feat. Under Armory, I can take a non-magical Accurate Dagger and equip it with no problems (modifies power to-hit numbers correctly). For some reason, if I try to take a magical version (e.g. magical +1 Accurate Dagger), the weapon drop down says I still need Superior Implement Training. Why would there be a difference? This seems to be the case with all magical implements.

Does anyone else see this? Is there a simple fix?

Sinner666
March 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I have the same problem.

SAbel
March 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Ok the warning appears in the description but after you have the item and go to the item in the armory, melee weapon and click the edit tool (the hammer and wrench) and click the accurate dagger from the (choose Weapon:) slot the warning is no longer present.
I checked with a base character (IE lvl 10, class sorcerer, feat Superior Implement Training (Accurate dagger) purchased a accurate dagger and a magical accurate dagger +1 equiped both)
I have the following basic attack Magic +9 vs AC Non-magic +8 vs AC (based on str 10)
which is 1/2 level plus dagger prof of +2
I added two powers (acid orb at will and bedeviling burst encounter) the magic dagger does not appear for the attack only the accurate (non-magical version) so the item being magic is causing a problem with it being seen as the superior item implement (I made a magic dagger +1 and it does show up for the powers.

Fast work around kind of:
under the personal tab at the bottum of the page is the personal adjustments add, you can add a +1 to each power and this will make everything with that power +1 attack, or you can add a plain magic weapon and give it a +1 using the personal adjustment. That way your power card would have a weapon that has the correct hit number and when the feat is fixed then you can remove it.
*** as a note I always put a reminder of why I have add the bonus so that when the update come and fixes these I remember to remove them, otherwise I forget why they are there later.

Hope this helps and PS when you do this it only adds to the hit number, not damage ect.

Colen
March 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM
There are some issues with magic superior implements I haven't worked out yet. :( I'll try to get them resolved for the next version.